EA Forums - Banner

Just started playing HUT need some advice.

Prev1
So behind the power curve. But I absolutely hate the new collections. I preferred 16s where you had to collect a whole team.

But what's best strategy for gaining coins and completeing the sets? I have never really got into playing auction house I prefer to play games.

Also when you add a player to a set are you still able to use them?

Replies

• The best strategy is to buy low and sell high. Keep an eye on a few players or items. Know their value. And it's my understanding that once added to a set a player or item can't be removed so be careful, I may be wrong on that as I've not tried it.
  • No, you can take a player off a set until you complete the set and turn it in for the collectable.
  • Guess I'm buying packs and hoping for the best
  • Lowernu82
    416 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Wow, no one beat me to it...

best advice.... take the game back and see what else they have available.

jokes aside, ill agree with goat. play your **** off and accumulate as much coins as possible. i dropped $100 during week release when they had world cup promos almost every day. was luck enough to get some of the world cup cards, trade them in for 88+ players and hit jackpot on a few. i personally target the higher value cards, keep an eye on how much they go for over the days and know when to post it for how much and long. i cant comment on synergy and gameplay nor do i want to.

forgot to mention and this is one thing im sure everyones contemplating. you look at a collection, ie ottawa, for the price of the collection and losing everyone to get redden might be more then what it cost to get him on the market. BUT you also get a hut hero master collection card with redden when you complete it. they havent released any info on it but they just said to hang onto them. they did mention the faceoff master collection card and the world cup one on twitter, so thats one thing to think about.
    Post edited by Lowernu82 on
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    Wow, no one beat me to it...

best advice.... take the game back and see what else they have available.

jokes aside, ill agree with goat. play your **** off and accumulate as much coins as possible. i dropped $100 during week release when they had world cup promos almost every day. was luck enough to get some of the world cup cards, trade them in for 88+ players and hit jackpot on a few. i personally target the higher value cards, keep an eye on how much they go for over the days and know when to post it for how much and long. i cant comment on synergy and gameplay nor do i want to.

forgot to mention and this is one thing im sure everyones contemplating. you look at a collection, ie ottawa, for the price of the collection and losing everyone to get redden might be more then what it cost to get him on the market. BUT you also get a hut hero master collection card with redden when you complete it. they havent released any info on it but they just said to hang onto them. they did mention the faceoff master collection card and the world cup one on twitter, so thats one thing to think about.

He's right you know!! There are entirely too many things with this game series, and not just this year's game and not just on new-gen, that sap any positive energy out of the room. The last time I truly enjoyed the game 99% of the time was back when skating was reliable and the controller did what you told it to. You could win games because you were highly skilled and you could lose games because your opponent was better, which still happens, but not even close to how much it should.
  • I dont remember hitting a guy back in 13 and having to skate around the puck a few times before i could have it. being obliterated on the boards and still getting the puck outskating the guy who just hit me.

but somehow, the guys who are really good at this game dont need great players in order to succeed. i dont know if its the way they have their team setup, energy on each line is perfect... internet connection...

im decent at the game, ill say your average joe and im losing to guys with great players who have no idea what theyre doing. hell im losing to guys with 3rd stringers throughout the lineup and have no idea what theyre doing.
  • Buying packs is for suckers. The auction house is littered with great players for dirt cheap. It's all about aligning the synergies and finding players that complement each other. I got all the way to D3 without anyone ranked over 87.
    Now I'm in D2, and the only player I have over 87 is Max Pachoretti (88).

Best tip you can get is to never ever buy a pack. With real money or with pucks. Use your pucks and buy individual players who can help you. Especially now with the synergies, good players might be better for your team than great players.
  • I enjoy opening packs, so I buy them. You can buy 86 players for under 700 now. Lock in synergies and play that way if you don't want to spend. If you have some cash laying around, buy packs and start building a team of stars. If you drop 100 on packs, it's basically worth 120.
  • Yea I enjoy buying packs. Seems this year is more centered around synergy. Idk tho I think I have the passing synergy unlocked but my player will be wide open, passing to another wide open player and miss him by 20ft
  • Buy packs. Then buy more packs.
    Don't listen to anyone who tells you not to buy packs. Everything in a pack is worth a lot now. I haven't bought a single player on the auction market. How's that for conflicting advice? HAHA. Seriously, packs are the way now.
  • Not everyone can just buy a bunch of packs, but it's true. Jerseys coaches and logos are very expensive on the market. There will be a special pack tonight. Buy a bunch of them. Get enough faceoff cards to complete a set. Sell that legend and move on to the next. I'm gonna try and finish neidermayer
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    Best advice. Online HUT is horrible this year. Play all other modes are great.

Why do you find it horrible? I find it better than last year for sure. Just don't know the matchup values. IE, if I am in D6, how high up the food chain and down the food chain, of teams am I playing?

• I thought it was 1up or 1 down. So div 2 plays 1,2, and 3.
    Also I love hut.
  • Idk I was D7 and felt like I was playing D3 guys. But had also just replaced my goalie, and he sucked, back to using one I had before and winning again. But back in D8
  • Well you may have been plaYing good players who just aren't in d1 yet. Game is still fairly new
  • Well you may have been plaYing good players who just aren't in d1 yet. Game is still fairly new
    Could be that too. Thought I was atleast a month behind.

Is there a way to upgrade to the deluxe edition from regular
  • Don't think so.
  • ExcaliburLQ
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    I dont remember hitting a guy back in 13 and having to skate around the puck a few times before i could have it. being obliterated on the boards and still getting the puck outskating the guy who just hit me.

but somehow, the guys who are really good at this game dont need great players in order to succeed. i dont know if its the way they have their team setup, energy on each line is perfect... internet connection...

im decent at the game, ill say your average joe and im losing to guys with great players who have no idea what theyre doing. **** im losing to guys with 3rd stringers throughout the lineup and have no idea what theyre doing.

You've got to find a playing style that works for you and build your team around it. People fall in love with the speedsters and while they're great, that style isn't for everyone. I play a puck possession game, lots of downlow pressure, forechecking and cycling with shots from the point. For that reason I've got a lot of players geared to play that style. I usually have a 'passer', 'shooter' and 'skater' on each of my forward lines and I load up my D with players who can shoot.

That's the style that works for me, you have to find what works for you. Run a synergy that gets a stat boost to your whole team PP (the passing synergy you spoke about) is only effective for the players that have PP as a synergy. You should be able to run one team synergy (boost to the whole team) as well as running PP, WW or S with players for pretty cheap.

I personally use CG and WW, because it fits my style of game. I actually keep Vermette and L Ericcson on my 4th line just to keep this synergy running because I like it so much.

Change your settings as well, a lot of people complain about the AI in this game without actually changing their setups. I design my team to protect the blue line on entry and in my defensive zone I play tight point with players staying between the puck and the goal line.

• So behind the power curve. But I absolutely hate the new collections. I preferred 16s where you had to collect a whole team.

But what's best strategy for gaining coins and completeing the sets? I have never really got into playing auction house I prefer to play games.

Also when you add a player to a set are you still able to use them?

Best advice is to not play HUT. Unless you have no life or a bottomless wallet, you will not have fun.