EA Forums - Banner

Bodychecking in NHL17

Hi,

I still have trouble delivering solid body checks when playing NHL17. Any suggestions?

Tom

Replies

• Increase hitting assistance to 100% and you should be fine
  • If its AI dont bother unless they are in the defensive zone. They are a bit slower reacting there. Hit as soon as they get the puck, anytime after and they will probably avoid you.
  • Hi,

I still have trouble delivering solid body checks when playing NHL17. Any suggestions?

Tom

Take them at the blue line as much as possible, if they deke around you, chances are they will go offsides half the time.

Another thing I do is instead of curling into them to hit, I get straight ahead of them skating straight backwards and slam on the breaks and boost straight ahead, most players don't expect this, if you are close enough when you do it they won't have enough room to move. I crush people on defense like this all the time.
  • nice hit although that's really just an example of someone that is terrible and blind. they run full speed into the boards then try to cut into the defense that is also following them?

but yes without left stick hitting the best advice is to stop using left stick when you are ready to hit and then just use the right stick. really same as most animations... use the left stick as little as possible as it usually "fights" what the animation wants to do and screws it up
  • Thanks everyone. I have adapted some of your suggestions in NHL 18 & NHL19.