EA Forums - Banner

So, skill is not rewarded?

For those who cry that skill is not rewarded take note:

sports.yahoo.com/nhl/detroit-red-wings-new-york-rangers-2016101913/

sports.yahoo.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-st-louis-blues-2016101519/

Absolute dominance by the Rangers versus the Red Wings and Blues. End result? Rangers lost both games. Perhaps the Rangers should come on here and cry that the game doesn't reward skill.

Replies

• Bump, bump. Come on, we know who you are, speak up!!!
  • If you are saying that Skill related to exploits isn't rewarded...it's the only skill that's rewarded on this game.

Doesn't matter if you understand the game. Doesn't matter if you attempt to play it the right way. Rewards are simply winning by going cheese, cross crease, blue line slapper tweenst the circles, or that BSMF toe drag flip goal that I saw in a video yesterday.

I see your point by using examples of real life NHL. Makes sense, but I just don't see Gino Malkin or Matt Duchene trying the above exploits in real life, every time down the ice. I

:D
  • For those who cry that skill is not rewarded take note:

sports.yahoo.com/nhl/detroit-red-wings-new-york-rangers-2016101913/

sports.yahoo.com/nhl/new-york-rangers-st-louis-blues-2016101519/

Absolute dominance by the Rangers versus the Red Wings and Blues. End result? Rangers lost both games. Perhaps the Rangers should come on here and cry that the game doesn't reward skill.

Totally agree the team that dominates should lose. -EA Logic

• Yes it happens in real life... But real life it's about 20% of the games while in Nhl 17 it's like 50%
  • Real life is 20 players vs 20 players with a million variables. A video game is 1 vs 1. One player over another doesn't deserve to be less accountable nor does one deserve the "EA auto goals" that this game loves to provide weak players.
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    Yes it happens in real life... But real life it's about 20% of the games while in Nhl 17 it's like 50%

What's your HUT record?
  • MacShred wrote: »
    headup81 wrote: »
    Real life is 20 players vs 20 players with a million variables. A video game is 1 vs 1. One player over another doesn't deserve to be less accountable nor does one deserve the "EA auto goals" that this game loves to provide weak players.

"EA auto goals" I love it. How about "EA pity goals"?

haha so true.
  • Shawn96
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    smatthew9 wrote: »
    What's your HUT record?

Something like 35-20-5

I would say on these 25 lost, I deserved about 10 wins... On those 35 wins I deserved about 10 lost. It's not normal, I beat a guy that was so good that I thought it was the best cpu in the world and I lost against a bunch of noobs who let their first line play for 10 minutes because they have no clue how to change them.

Compared to all previous NHLs, I lose my game by much more goals, I just lost a game 8-2 when i had 3 minutes + of TOA and shots were 22-15 for me, go figure, his team was weaker tho.

My best years were NHL 09, 10,11... In those times I won about 75% of my games.

Edit: Just played a ''staked'' team, all the sudden my guys are much faster, the puck goes right in the net and my goalie is much better so I win 8-3...

Post edited by Shawn96 on
  • I get it's frustrating, but to say the least, it does happen. My Rangers have outplayed all their opponents to date, and yet here we are sitting at 2-2. You can't fixed exploiters, it happens in every game, in every genre. But there is something to be said about the awful AI goalies who let up weak goals.