EA Forums - Banner

Why hitting needs to be 'OP'

I came across this clip that was posted in the NHL subreddit.

https://streamable.com/acoz

For years I have been pleading for the developers to boost the body checking in the online default sliders. I understand that they want to make this game as real as possible but guess what - people will always find a way to game the system.

1. Turning up the hitting significantly will make forechecking far more effective which will eliminate the ability to cheese rag the puck like the doofus in this clip.

2. Increasing hitting will make defending the circling in offensive corners less feasible. Let's face it, this is a terrible strategy that all the top players use and it doesn't resemble real hockey.

3. Increasing hitting will result in more transition play and a more exciting game. It also means people will have to move the puck more - like in real hockey!

Please EA, turn up the hitting significantly!

#makeNHLgreatagain

Replies

• symmer1983
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    MacShred wrote: »
    Except the people who use their AI to forecheck will gain a serious advantage...

AI should be programmed to be more passive. Basically they should skate to the areas of the ice that you have set up in your strategies, but functions like hitting and poking should be performed by the user.

There is nothing more boring than playing online with someone and they let the AI perform 80% of the functions because the AI can do it better than the user.

If I wanted to play the CPU I would just play offline.
  • MacShred wrote: »
    symmer1983 wrote: »
    MacShred wrote: »
    Except the people who use their AI to forecheck will gain a serious advantage...

AI should be programmed to be more passive. Basically they should skate to the areas of the ice that you have set up in your strategies, but functions like hitting and poking should be performed by the user.

There is nothing more boring than playing online with someone and they let the AI perform 80% of the functions because the AI can do it better than the user.

If I wanted to play the CPU I would just play offline.

Word

+1
  • Computer doesn't always do good, or good things. As someone who plays mostly goalie position lock I see it all.