EA Forums - Banner

Why does my ai teammate get in my way at the blueline?

This is getting very frustrating. I try entering the zone and my ai teammate skate right into me.

Can you please fix this, EA??

https://streamable.com/w3x8

Replies

• Yes agreed. Trying to break in to the attacking zone, and there they are, the AI teammates. Time to retreat and try again, hopefully my opponent won't cry that I'm ragging the puck, oh well.
  • It often the same behind your goal; the opponent (CPU) dumps the puck, and you use your active defender to get to the puck behind the goal - except the other defender under AI control tries to do the same, and the players bump into each other. The puck comes loose, and CPU player nabs it, one pass and one-timer later they score, in about a second. Funny when that happens. :)

The AI just doesn't have the ability to avoid collisions with team mates...
  • I couldn't agree more with this complaint. I play almost solely franchise mode, and no matter what breakout I have set, what my tendencies are set to (dump vs. carry), etc... the a.i inexplicably runs into me.

I've noticed a lot more post patch, but it was definitely a problem before the patch as well.
  • shows a very fresh video (last night) of 2 players running into each other on the same team, but doesnt provide a in game clip ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    shows a very fresh video (last night) of 2 players running into each other on the same team, but doesnt provide a in game clip ?

I guess sarcasm flys over your head. :)

I was expressing the fact that even though it happens in the game, it also happens in real life. But was it the teammate that got in the way or the puck carrier that went straight into him?

My point is, I've seen this complaint a few times, but it never happens to me. So why does it happen? Holding the puck for too long, just like the clip showed. :lol:
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    eric57664 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    shows a very fresh video (last night) of 2 players running into each other on the same team, but doesnt provide a in game clip ?

I was expressing the fact that even though it happens in the game, it also happens in real life. But was it the teammate that got in the way or the puck carrier that went straight into him?

My point is, I've seen this complaint a few times, but it never happens to me. So why does it happen? Holding the puck for too long, just like the clip showed. :lol:

Im sorry Eric, I didnt evenr realize it was you lol. Early morning I guess. If had of seen that Im sure I would responded differently. Because I know you and I see this game very similar.
  • eric57664 wrote: »

This is a typical COGS clip, showing something that's nothing like what people complain about. That collision didn't happen because Duchene held the puck too long. It happened because he tried the crossover deke to the left without noticing that his teammate was there. What people complain about in this game is skating up ice in a straight line and having AI teammates skate right into them.

• Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Ben Ross last year wrote that the pass assist, which one could assume the ai themselves are the same especially if you pay attention to detail and notice that the ai are terrible passers, that they didn't add the ability for pass assist to recognize; players, boards, goalies, sticks, nets, nothing ... So again I very well assume it's the same for the ai, they have no general awareness what so ever , like pass assist which consistently messes up passes .

My biggest beef is they collide into you , on overload and behind the net strategies just the same as crash the net, right in front of the net screwiness up 2 on 1 or 0 situations, or if you get a clear run at the net ... If ea gave them some kind of awareness that they are a left handed player and if they stand off to the left side of the screen on facing up they will be in a good position for a tip, they dont need to stand dead centre of the shot or more so in your path ...
  • Bmh245 wrote: »

This is a typical COGS clip, showing something that's nothing like what people complain about. That collision didn't happen because Duchene held the puck too long. It happened because he tried the crossover deke to the left without noticing that his teammate was there. What people complain about in this game is skating up ice in a straight line and having AI teammates skate right into them.

Also I can find numerous videos of players scoring from the neutral zone, does that means it should happen in this game frequently? I mean afterall, I found a clip of it from the NHL, so that means its a common thing and should be in the game. Do you guys see how **** that logic is?
  • Bmh245 wrote: »

Nothing surprising there.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »

Also I can find numerous videos of players scoring from the neutral zone, does that means it should happen in this game frequently? I mean afterall, I found a clip of it from the NHL, so that means its a common thing and should be in the game. Do you guys see how **** that logic is?

DO you understand statistics ?