EA Forums - Banner

Equipment updates like FIFA!

Why can't we have a equipment updates like FIFA gets? I'm talking about regular goalie equipment,NHL goalie custom equipment (ex:Petr Mrazek's pads,Eddie Lacks pads etc etc) Sticks,gloves,jerseys,skates whatever else you can add.

And please don't give me the excuse it takes too much time..........a monthly update wouldn't be that hard.Although with EA everything seems impossible.

Replies

• Because they need to sign with the equipment companies before they're allowed to have it in game. Some of them they already have the rights to. Some of them they HAD the rights to but the contract expired. Some are asking for too much money...

It's not like they can just ask the NHL and it's done. They have to individually deal with EACH company for each LINE of equipment.

It's the same deal with Goalie Masks. To have every goalie mask in the game, EA would have to get each goaltenders rights to their own mask. Some would be ok with it. Some would NOT want to have their mask in the game. Some would ask for a **** tonne of money...

It's a rough deal.
  • Def want to wear masons zombie mask.....
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Youratv wrote: »
    Def want to wear masons zombie mask.....

Dude, how cool would it be if we had a MASK editor tool kinda like the one they have in Forza? Man, I'd spend days just browsing the market for user created masks and apply them to the goalies. I'd try to see if someone would make me a Ron Tugnut mask for my created player!! :smiley:
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I have always wanted a mask editor, i want cool goalie helmets and not just the generic icons you get for stuff, like a lot of stuff to choose from. I wanna rep my team with a gangster helmet.
  • Hockeytown1926
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Because they need to sign with the equipment companies before they're allowed to have it in game. Some of them they already have the rights to. Some of them they HAD the rights to but the contract expired. Some are asking for too much money...

It's not like they can just ask the NHL and it's done. They have to individually deal with EACH company for each LINE of equipment.

It's the same deal with Goalie Masks. To have every goalie mask in the game, EA would have to get each goaltenders rights to their own mask. Some would be ok with it. Some would NOT want to have their mask in the game. Some would ask for a **** tonne of money...

It's a rough deal.

If FIFA can get licenses like they do,I'm sure EA NHL can too! I know it's down to licensing but why wouldn't companies want their equipment in game and on display? It makes marketing sense.I hardly think goalie equipment makers would ask shed loads of money to use their stuff in game.Plus the major manufacturers are already there (Vaughn,Bauer,CCM,Warrior,Brians) I'm not too fussed in getting real goalie masks tbh.If EA can add more new masks (the new ones they added were actually great) Then that's fine.

I don't know I just like my games to be as up to date as possible :P
  • If I could just change the goalie mask color to match my custom team color and add on team logos I would be happy enough - but a Forza logo editor would be the ideal scenarior - or a PC release so I can put swastikas on my jersey would be great as well.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If I could just change the goalie mask color to match my custom team color and add on team logos I would be happy enough - but a Forza logo editor would be the ideal scenarior - or a PC release so I can put swastikas on my jersey would be great as well.

Swastikas...

See, this is the problem with people that play this game. It's like everyone tries to be the BIGGEST m0r0n they can be when playing. Let me make a big black man with silver hair... Oh... Hahahah... I get it. Silver Hair... Black man... Silverback Gorrilla... All black men are monkeys.... Hahahahahahah...

:neutral:

And now they want swastikas on their jerseys... One can only imagine the "fun" stuff people will make with a mask editor. Oh boy...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    If I could just change the goalie mask color to match my custom team color and add on team logos I would be happy enough - but a Forza logo editor would be the ideal scenarior - or a PC release so I can put swastikas on my jersey would be great as well.

Swastikas...

See, this is the problem with people that play this game. It's like everyone tries to be the BIGGEST m0r0n they can be when playing. Let me make a big black man with silver hair... Oh... Hahahah... I get it. Silver Hair... Black man... Silverback Gorrilla... All black men are monkeys.... Hahahahahahah...

:neutral:

And now they want swastikas on their jerseys... One can only imagine the "fun" stuff people will make with a mask editor. Oh boy...

That's why I'm fine with the masks EA has added.....the new ones were really nice!
  • And that's why there's no editor....... :(
  • Youratv wrote: »
    And that's why there's no editor....... :(

Or it can be done offline only since today's millenials are ridiculously Pc, sensitive, **** hurt morons.
  • Youratv wrote: »

Or it can be done offline only since today's millenials are ridiculously Pc, sensitive, **** hurt morons.
    Youratv wrote: »

• One problem with this series is it feels dead after December. Roster updates is all you get. Maybe if they released cosmetic stuff once a month for the full cycle of the game would help to keep things feeling slightly fresh. Goalie equipment is one thing, but EASHL unlocks with arena upgrades and jerseys would help remove some staleness this game gets after its usual 2nd and last update.