EA Forums - Banner

NHL17 - worst user experience ever...

Prev1

Just slow, sluggish crap and unresponsive and very, very... VERY unpolished game..

This pretty much sums up what the NHL17 experience is all about. The development team should be a shamed pushing this game out the gate. It´s like the team responsible for this game takes no pride in giving their customers a good experience, same thing every year. Either the publisher is blind to see whats going on with the brand or they are simply uninformed about it.

You don't even have the decency to comment and acknowledge the feedback here, on your answer QA website , or actually update us on incoming patches, fixes and so on that indicates that there is work being done to solve these damn network issues YOU are providing CUSTOMERS with.

Every damn year.. shame on me, this was the last time, you have lost me as a customer, a very very unsatisfied customer that is.

Replies

• Don't worry - they've emailed to me to say that 'I have their sympathies' as I'm experiencing this issue repeatedly, but they can't verify that the issue exists so there's nothing further they can do. They've read these forums (after I linked to plenty of topics like this reporting the problems since apparently it was only me) but still can't prove the issue exists as they can't pin point it.

They're quite literally the annoying toddler that sits there covering their ears shouting "LA LA LAAAA, I'M NOT LISTENINGGGGGG" when they're getting told they've been naughty. It's tragic and pathetic in equal measure.
  • I would call that inexperience from their part. *sigh*
  • I am not having those problems. Game runs smooth for me. Is it your connection? I know when I play someone with a poor connection it's brutal. Couldn't imagine that every game
  • I am not having those problems. Game runs smooth for me. Is it your connection? I know when I play someone with a poor connection it's brutal. Couldn't imagine that every game

I have a 100/10 mbit fiber connection and i only play games with "GOOD" connection and if i look at network performance, that show me stuff like:

PING: 16MS GOOD
    0% packet loss
  • What platform are you using? Do you experience this offline aswell? I have similar internet and only get issues when the connection is poor/fair with the opponent.
  • I believe i have seen you before in a lobby ps4 right? everytime I am in a room with you it said fair connection. So perhaps there is more then just you on that connection and someone is a heavy load. I have 2 other users on my connection almost all the time and still rarely experience this.
  • djevulsk
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I believe i have seen you before in a lobby ps4 right? everytime I am in a room with you it said fair connection. So perhaps there is more then just you on that connection and someone is a heavy load. I have 2 other users on my connection almost all the time and still rarely experience this.

If you´re talking about EASHL drop-ins, i seriously doubt it since i do not play drop-ins.

And if you´re talking about being matched up against me in HUT, then... we havent played, cause i do not play you if its "fair" or "bad".

Yes i play on PS4.
  • The connection meter means nothing to me. It could be good with 18-25m/s ping and 0% packet loss and play like sluggish ****. On the rare occasion I've bothered playing with Fair connection, it's actually been more playable! It all depends on the geographic location of your opponent.
  • Out of interest Djevulsk, what country are you in?
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    djevulsk wrote: »
    I believe i have seen you before in a lobby ps4 right? everytime I am in a room with you it said fair connection. So perhaps there is more then just you on that connection and someone is a heavy load. I have 2 other users on my connection almost all the time and still rarely experience this.

If you´re talking about EASHL drop-ins, i seriously doubt it since i do not play drop-ins.

And if you´re talking about being matched up against me in HUT, then... we havent played, cause i do not play you if its "fair" or "bad".

Yes i play on PS4.

Yes i am talking about ps4 and drop-in. That name looks very familiar.If it is close or the same as your psn. Everytime I have a poor/fair connection I look at who is in the room. and try to figure out who or what maybe causing it.

Where are you playing from? Canada east/west europe?

Could have seen you in hut as well I play both. Think i might have seen you in both to be honest, but if you say you dont play Eashl then i guess it wasnt there

Post edited by strategg101 on
  • djevulsk wrote: »

Yes i play on PS4.

Yes i am talking about ps4 and drop-in. That name looks very familiar.If it is close or the same as your psn. Everytime I have a poor/fair connection I look at who is in the room. and try to figure out who or what maybe causing it.

Where are you playing from? Canada east/west europe?

Could have seen you in hut as well I play both. Think i might have seen you in both to be honest, but if you say you dont play Eashl then i guess it wasnt there

Well i don't play EASHL drop-in, however i do play club games. And we do NOT play unless it says connection is GOOD.

Im playing from Sweden, i know the issue is common, cause just look at the forums, its mud/sluggish posts all over it.
  • eyebrowz84 wrote: »
    Out of interest Djevulsk, what country are you in?

Sweden
  • Ya I test on my PS4 at 29 MBPS yet every single game says 300MS and poor connection.

My internet works fine for everything except NHL.

I am in Canada and have cable connection.

There is some reason some people play horrible and some do not but I have no idea why and clearly neither does EA.

The only problem with this is EA does not give a rats behind about it because they still make $ hand over fist on a recycled game they pump maybe 100K in a year and profit in the millions.

Plus they hold a monopoly on Hockey and we wonder why they don't spend more money to fix this game?

This will be the last time I get fooled by EA .
  • djevulsk wrote: »
    eyebrowz84 wrote: »

Sweden

Do you look at the nationality of your opponents? I'm willing to bet now that the majority of your sluggish games are coming against one single country ;)

Sweden

Do you look at the nationality of your opponents? I'm willing to bet now that the majority of your sluggish games are coming against one single country ;)

I wont play Europe for these reasons... I have a few times and it was fine but I just don't take chances anymore

Sweden

Ofc i do, and it really doesnt matter if im playing Swedes.
  • And their response seem to be " we cant re-create the issue"... well they have offices world-wide they could use their employees cross the globe to log on development-kits and send that to the development team.

Sweden

How can you check that? Besides seeing QC which is obvious I can't tell the rest.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • How can you check that? Besides seeing QC which is obvious I can't tell the rest.

Alot of i's in the name and Koivu/Laine in the lineup is usually a no no.

• anyone with even a passing interest in NFL football should try out Madden Ultimate Team as a hobby instead of HUT