EA Forums - Banner

Tuner 1.01

Prev1
The_B_0_G
593 posts Member
edited October 2016
Looks like the goalie got some love, deflections got some hate, both were sorely needed, going to have to try it out in a few hours when I get home to see how it is.

Tuner notes on the sticky at the top of the forums.

Replies

• "Tuned down puck carriers reaction speed to reacquire a puck after losing it and increased the weight on player ratings."

As it is now, when you lose the puck the skater stops and acts like he's got mud in the skates.
    If this tuner is suppose to address checking the puck carrier and falling down and still gaining control of the puck while the forechecker can't get the puck, then this is good!!!
  • I think it's supposed to help for poke checks too, players won't keep picking the puck up over and over if they keep losing it. Which is great if it works.
  • I like that they addressed the puck carrier getting the puck back issue and the goalie control issue. It would be nice if they looked at making defenseman better and more effective especially at the point. Slap shots are so nerfed particularly on one timers in EASHL.
  • I think they should get rid of the auto one timer. Having more control means less of the game doing it for you.
  • Youratv wrote: »
    I think they should get rid of the auto one timer. Having more control means less of the game doing it for you.

Agreed. Should be based on timing considering how deadly it is.
  • jonlolol
    151 posts Game Changer
    Here's a 10 second video clip of the precision movement speed

It feels amazing but I can't tell if it's the tuner or the servers at 9am
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they looked at making defenseman better and more effective especially at the point. Slap shots are so nerfed particularly on one timers in EASHL.

Really? In all 1v1 modes, the slap shot from the point is incredibly powerful and effective this year, particularly to the stick side. I'll regularly play games where more than half of the goals scored are scored on slappers. I like this, since it discourages people from just sitting back in the slot. But no way slapshots need to be made more effective.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    phil7488 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they looked at making defenseman better and more effective especially at the point. Slap shots are so nerfed particularly on one timers in EASHL.

Really? In all 1v1 modes, the slap shot from the point is incredibly powerful and effective this year, particularly to the stick side. I'll regularly play games where more than half of the goals scored are scored on slappers. I like this, since it discourages people from just sitting back in the slot. But no way slapshots need to be made more effective.

I meant specifically in EASHL. I'm sure it works well in VS or HUT but in club it's abysmal and weak even with an offensive defenseman.
  • jonlolol wrote: »

what stance # is that? reminds me of a crab. lol
  • My defenseman regularly whiffs on half slappers and wide open looks, especially the one timers. If there's one thing that worked very well in 16 it was quarterbacking a cycle and getting off great shots off one timers from the point.
  • jonlolol wrote: »

Dr. Zoidberg
  • OldeTymeGamers
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for the much needed inprovement ben. The updated speed on the human goalies is perfect. Its not overly fast and yet fast enough to read crosses and make the save accordingly if you read the play.

There are still some issues with rebound control especially how slow your goalie is on covering up the puck and the kind of animation used to do so but overall goalie is finally getting some love and going in a good direction in my personal experience. So for that Thank you
  • jonlolol
    151 posts Game Changer
    jonlolol wrote: »

• "and increased the weight on player ratings."

This isn't vague enough can someone please explain it worse?
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    My defenseman regularly whiffs on half slappers and wide open looks, especially the one timers. If there's one thing that worked very well in 16 it was quarterbacking a cycle and getting off great shots off one timers from the point.

I've had hat issue. Do you hold vision control a lot? I'm asking because In the past I was so used to holding L2(ps4) for almost the entire game as a D man. I've had a lot better luck knocking 1-timers in 17 when I let off L2 a lot, until just before the pass is coming or just before I get it. It's helped a lot with one timers from the point for me.
  • "and increased the weight on player ratings."

Player A with higher puck control rating will regain the puck easier than player B with a lower puck control rating..

Surely this scenario was already in effect, they have simply increased that effect. In other words, there will be a more noticeable difference between players with different ratings.

Pretty simple, eh bud? o:)
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    "and increased the weight on player ratings."

Its EA, where simple becomes impossible in one tuner.
  • Workin_OT wrote: »

Player A with higher puck control rating will regain the puck easier than player B with a lower puck control rating..

Surely this scenario was already in effect, they have simply increased that effect. In other words, there will be a more noticeable difference between players with different ratings.

Yes bud, you are simple :o
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Workin_OT wrote: »

Yes bud, you are simple :o

To be honest, his explanation is accurate. No need to smack talk him.

Well he is always preaching about being so positive and stop raging and life is all rainbows and bunny rabbits. Strangely though, he somehow always has to belittle people with his replies.

Pretty simple, eh bud? See that? Condescending.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    phil7488 wrote: »
    My defenseman regularly whiffs on half slappers and wide open looks, especially the one timers. If there's one thing that worked very well in 16 it was quarterbacking a cycle and getting off great shots off one timers from the point.

I think there was tuning done to put more emphasis on timing one-timers and passes, rather than holding shoot all the time and expecting a one-timer to get off flawlessly.

Not saying this is the case, but I've noticed this as well with '17 and I'm actually hoping that timing is much more of a requirement of sorts, rather than just being able to hold shoot all the time on the Point.

Not necessarily against that if it's the case but it would be nice to get clarification on it so we can adjust.