EA Forums - Banner

Butterfly movement

I think playing goalie would be 100x easier if we could control the butterfly movement more. If you watch the AI goalies the just stick to the puck in the butterfly and move so smooth with the puck but human can push 2-3 feet left or right with precision movement. making it almost impossible when someone wraps around the net to go far side. you can either 1 try to predict the far side shot and move to far that way and leave it open for near side or just give him the goal. there is no in between.

I know that there are several other issues with goalie but i think this would give the goalies a pretty good buff. really if the AI goalie is capable of doing this why are human goalies not. also i am aware that you can hold L2/LT and tap the stick for a very small movement but you would have to do it 5 times to move the slight distance needed.

Replies

• we talkin about practice
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Nah I'm just saying would be nice to be able to have more precision in butterfly stance.
  • give it the same speed increase as standing, when challenging shooter your not quick enough to get back. After a shot I like to stay in butteefly till i know its safe to stand, but butter seems to move so slow.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    give it the same speed increase as standing, when challenging shooter your not quick enough to get back. After a shot I like to stay in butteefly till i know its safe to stand, but butter seems to move so slow.

To be fair, in real life while in butterfly - your movement is not going to be as fast as when you are standing.

To be fair forwards have way more agility and puck control than in real life.