EA Forums - Banner

Legends Not Worth the Money

Looking to get a couple opinions from people about legends...
I have had every legend except for Roenick and haven't found any of them to be fun to play with.

Most recently, I picked up a Pavel Bure for 375k. Played a couple points with him expecting to fly across the ice and wrist a couple in. Not a single goal. I find him to be similar in size/performance to Johnny Gaudreau and any half decent defense will just absolutely crush you.

Regardless, ended up taking a loss on him and picked up Tarasenko. What a difference. First game registered 2 goals and an Apple.

Post is more to see if anyone else feels the same about legend cards. HUT heroes tend to be better but all in all I think your standard cards and TOTW are the best.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I really like my base Benn and base Karlsson but base cards will never give you that many synergies. Until I pull better cards these players stay on my team though. Likely all year
  • I like the upgraded cards because you get more synergies. I pulled a Bure and was going to sell him. BUT I wanted to try him first. I did end up selling him after 3 games. BUT only to complete the wcoh set to get his 96. I loved him. I am using lidstrom 96 Bure and 92 Clark. I like them. I did use Bret Hull and Nealy too. Hull is a great shot but NOT a 89 speed. SLOW! Nealy is slower. Had wcoh Modano too and liked him but sold him to help get Bure as well
  • I like neely amazing in front of the net gets a point per game at least for me. I'm in div 3 so haven't played a ton of games but has been a good player for me. Love his synergies too ww is prolly my favorite and all my players with np get tip ins constantly.
  • Hmmm... is this an ingenius way to torpedo a segment of the market before going all in on it?
  • sleepyT wrote: »
    Hmmm... is this an ingenius way to torpedo a segment of the market before going all in on it?

Nah this post can't have that big of an effect.
  • Depends on the Legend, depends on your playstyle, etc.

I have Neely and he's been a disappointment. And this is with NP and WW activated.

I got Bourque a few days ago and he's been terrific. Absolutely worth the price.
  • Bobby Hull is an absolute stud. Fast, killer shot and much harder to knock off the puck than Bure. Plays very similar to Hero Shanahan in my opinion.
  • Bobby always kills me.
  • I really like my base Benn and base Karlsson but base cards will never give you that many synergies. Until I pull better cards these players stay on my team though. Likely all year

Ya I agree but also don't find the synergies to be worth it half the time. The only ones that I actually enjoy having active is Long Range Bomber, Wicked Wrister and Speedster. I still have a couple other active but those seem to be the 3 best. Any opinions on others that I may be overseeing? I tried out CG and didn't notice any difference...
  • sleepyT wrote: »
    Hmmm... is this an ingenius way to torpedo a segment of the market before going all in on it?

Ya, a post that probably 100 people max will read is really going to affect and entire games online market.