EA Forums - Banner

And he gets the puck again...

VeNOM2099
3178 posts Member
edited November 2016
Really... I think I'm done with playing NHL 17 in any other fashion than EASHL and even that's getting old with the same B S.

And by "same B S" I mean the way the puck will just keep going back to the opponent's stick no matter what you do. You hit him? The puck goes back to him. You poke him? The puck goes back to him. You stick lift him? The puck goes back to him. Knock him down? He gets right back up and the puck goes back to him. Stand in front to get the incidental contact? He gets the puck again. You took the puck? OH BOY!! Quick, try breaking out by passing the puck ahead to a teammate by the boards. Oh... Your pass hit the shadow of his stick and (you guessed it) the puck goes back to him...

Every game is like a broken record: and he gets the puck again! Aaaaaand he gets the puck again! And he gets the puck again! And he gets the puck AGAIN!

AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN! AND HE GETS THE PUCK AGAIN!...

I thought this stuff was supposed to be fixed after the last tuner. If anything it's gotten worse than it ever was if it hasn't stayed pretty much the same.

Wow this is so annoying!!!

Replies

• Pucks are looser since the tuner and guys get the puck back less. Sounds like you had a rough couple games tho.
  • I am HIM! >:)
  • This is why people dont pass. Way too much can go wrong when you pass in this game. Yet this game allows people to skate right into defenders and keep the puck time and time again.

Very rarely do I feel as if the team that won deserved it, whether its my team or my opponent.
  • Yessir. I hit a guy, I mean Railed a dude twice, within 10 seconds of each other last night, he still picks up the puck somehow and walks in and scores.

Can't do anything but shake my head and consider playing this game going forward, to the exploits instead of playing the game of hockey.
  • Yessir. I hit a guy, I mean Railed a dude twice, within 10 seconds of each other last night, he still picks up the puck somehow and walks in and scores.

Can't do anything but shake my head and consider playing this game going forward, to the exploits instead of playing the game of hockey.

I have no words to describe how much I have come to loathe this game anymore. I took a half day today (got 4 vacation days left to burn by end of year...use em or lose em). Was fed up by the 2nd game. 2nd Opponent let his team sit idle for the first 5:14min of the game, NO MATTER how hard I tried to poke check the puck away from his idle AI players, the puck somehow magically kept going back to them, I hit a player and got a roughing call....smdh! I have 61 games played, normally I'd have over 100 by now, ok some of it has been work related travel but I just don't have the desire to play anymore.
  • This and the goddamned frickin puck protect Bubble... IT'S COW CACA!!!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    This and the goddamned frickin puck protect Bubble... IT'S COW CACA!!!

+ Infinity for using CACA...lol

• I first heard it used in an old movie called Transylvania 6-5000 starring Jeff Goldblum, Gina Davis and a very young Michael Richards. The character that says it is a humpback servant called "Radu" played by John Byner while falling into a pile of cow manure.

I was very young and so it took me a while until I understood what he meant (cow caca = bull sh**)

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png
  • I suspect this will be fixed by the NHL18 beta / demo
  • I suspect this will be fixed by the NHL18 beta / demo

I highly doubt that! Fool me once......
    I said it before, NHL17 was my make or break year (3 years on the XB1 and PS4). Me buying NHL18 is slim to none at this point (unless my MIL buys it for me...if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have owned NHL15)
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    This and the goddamned frickin puck protect Bubble... IT'S COW CACA!!!

:lol: well said.
  • nhl 2k17 supercard. play that instead :D
  • Yeah, I played it. It was kinda fun, but it's basically just a card collection game. At least the probability of getting sick players are higher in 2K's game than in HUT. And I don't have to plink down one goddamned centavo on it, either!
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    This is why people dont pass. Way too much can go wrong when you pass in this game. Yet this game allows people to skate right into defenders and keep the puck time and time again.

Very rarely do I feel as if the team that won deserved it, whether its my team or my opponent.

I played 6 games with my club today, we went 2-3-1 we outplayed the other team in every aspect of the game and they just kept getting easy garbage goals, the one game we did get outplayed, was one of our two wins. Even after that game we were like, "wow this game is ****", because we were just talking about how we were outplaying other teams and losing and then it happened to us.

Goalies need to tighten up on weak goals, or at least stop making so many crazy saves. Over half of the goals scored on us today were unscreen wrist shots from 15 feet out, not even the toe drag glitch, just a flick up on the right analogue.
  • Yeah, this game's a real day-off killer. It can just ruin the day with all the **** moments, because it's the same insufferable moments over and over.

And it's like all EA's games are like this with the doody-in-the-pants defending, contrived scoring, etc. FIFA too. OMG. Pride yourself on defense? You'll want to jump out a window trying to get control of players when defending.