EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Wishlist

Replies

• just to be clear, by "fringe" folks I mean the ones that barely watch hockey but used to buy this game because it was tremendously fun with a high replay factor

ah ok - thanks for the clarification. You can infer a retraction of my earlier statement LOL
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Building your own pro was 1 of my best moments from nhl 13-15. I loved to use a 191 90kg playmaker with max deking, max puck control and max off awareness etc. Id play lots of normal eashl games but taking this to the online 6vs6 tournaments with a build id never really seen others use felt great and unique. I was a hardcore nhl player then but now since the next gen cross over it feels quite repetetive and boring at times so the only games i do have interest i are those 6v6 tournaments which i will play tonight at semi finals of playoffs and i know the 6 forwards will be powerforwards lol, thats pretty stupid imo. I think it could work great if we all start with max points to create your own pro then that solves 2 problems.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Building your own pro was 1 of my best moments from nhl 13-15. I loved to use a 191 90kg playmaker with max deking, max puck control and max off awareness etc. Id play lots of normal eashl games but taking this to the online 6vs6 tournaments with a build id never really seen others use felt great and unique. I was a hardcore nhl player then but now since the next gen cross over it feels quite repetetive and boring at times so the only games i do have interest i are those 6v6 tournaments which i will play tonight at semi finals of playoffs and i know the 6 forwards will be powerforwards lol, thats pretty stupid imo. I think it could work great if we all start with max points to create your own pro then that solves 2 problems.

And you are just another person being ignored and will be shouted down.

You are 100% correct.
  • Building your own pro was 1 of my best moments from nhl 13-15. I loved to use a 191 90kg playmaker with max deking, max puck control and max off awareness etc. Id play lots of normal eashl games but taking this to the online 6vs6 tournaments with a build id never really seen others used felt great and unique. I was a hardcore nhl player then but now since the next gen cross over it feels quite repetetive and boring at times so the only games i do have interest in are those 6v6 tournaments which i will play tonight at semi finals of playoffs and i know all the 6 forwards will be powerforwards lol, thats pretty stupid imo. I think it could work great if we all start with max points to create your own pro then that solves 2 problems.

• Here is a good NHL 18 Wishlist
  • Bobo, Andy, I agree with both of ya. As usual EA will ignore what the majority want...what I found with many of their "game changers"(not all, to be fair) is that were chosen based on how much they agreed with what EA has done to the game.
  • ^^ Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Personally, I want to see full custom attributes back, like Andy said, with everyone getting max points from the get go. I know there is also multiple other GC's that at the very least would like to see variable height/weight come back.

Don't think any of us are there to just pat them on the back and say good job.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I mean, let's face it. If you are on these forums, you are likely a "hardcore" user / player.

Sidenote: Can I be "hardcore" but not be very good at the game? LOL

Sure you can. You can be a hardcore fan of a music band while not knowing how to play any instruments. Same would apply here, IMO.
  • Slovak League (Tipsport Liga)
  • Please please please bring back NHL 14 -15 on PS4 in 18 series. That was your best franchise in all the time. You get more money from boosts,slots and other stuff, now you are out of money and ESHL is absolutley not interesting. Bring back all that player creation, skick flex, skates " , don't ruin the game more. ESHL was the best in this attributs changes but now it is so boring and players are so stupid. Please EA make ESHL players more happy how it was in 14-15 franchise.
  • specnaz4 wrote: »
    Please please please bring back NHL 14 -15 on PS4 in 18 series. That was your best franchise in all the time. You get more money from boosts,slots and other stuff, now you are out of money and ESHL is absolutley not interesting. Bring back all that player creation, skick flex, skates " , don't ruin the game more. ESHL was the best in this attributs changes but now it is so boring and players are so stupid. Please EA make ESHL players more happy how it was in 14-15 franchise.

yep.

100%
  • GM Connected. Enough said. No more gimmicks. Bring it back.

Gm connected!! Nothing else matters for NHL 18 get it done EA
  • GM Connected. Enough said. No more gimmicks. Bring it back.

+1
  • Andy-weed-90
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ThatPope1 wrote: »
    ^^ Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. Personally, I want to see full custom attributes back, like Andy said, with everyone getting max points from the get go. I know there is also multiple other GC's that at the very least would like to see variable height/weight come back.

Don't think any of us are there to just pat them on the back and say good job.

Yeah, starting with max attributes would be the way forward i think, i just finished playing 6vs6 ecl tournament semi finals and all forwards were powerforward, i mean yh enjoyed the games but is this what EA want? I found taking the created player from the eashl franchise and replacing it with EAs personal builds has been a waste of time tbh, if anyone from EA looks at this comment, you had an idea but it failed dont be a coward and continue with this nonsense lol.
    Post edited by Andy-weed-90 on
  • TheCaniac17
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    -Add the option to change the look of your team's jersey in franchise mode

-For the love of god, fix how the goalies make saves. I'm still seeing saves from NHL 08.

-Same goes for the Stanley Cup celebrations and playoff series wins.

-Get the AI to shoot the puck more. Still playing games where shots are 30-12, 43-15. AI just won't shoot. Throw it to the net, you never know what'll happen.

-The commentating is still a mess. Nothing flows together.

-Make Be-a-Pro more intuitive. It's very bland and boring. Make the draft in BaP more like NBA 2k17. I hate playing a full blown season.

-Up the ante on presentations. Make them feel more fluid. They get old after you see the same thing over and over.

-Simplify the draft in franchise mode. Select what your team is in most need and have your scouts scout automatically.

-Simplify trades in Franchise mode. I hate offering more then a fair deal and the AI still won't accept.

-User created roster downloads.

-More customization options. Stop it with the custom celebration mess.

-Fix the simulations in franchise mode. Keep seeing elite teams miss the playoffs.

-Add an expansion draft.

-Update player likeness for as many players as possible. Still seeing players that have looked the same for a while (Eric Staal comes to mind). Add authentic coaches as well.

-Improve simulation speed and stability.

-Continue to work on the AI. Some still play like they're chasing butterfly's while they're out there.

-Add full player celebrations after scoring. It used to be that way.

-Get rid of the player moral system. Unless you can fine-tune it.

-For BaP, instead of using xp or points to upgrade you player, base it on how you play. If you enter the league at a 71 overall and put up 75pts in your rookie season, you deserve a jump in your overall.

*If I think of anything else, I'll add it to this list.
    Post edited by TheCaniac17 on
  • Andy-weed-90
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Editing team line ups before searching for a game and also being able to save these line ups to take into future games, takes way too long doing teams and most people quit before it even begins due to the fact i edit all my lines. I prefer left handed shooters on the right and vice versa. Fifa has this - really dont see why nhl dont, simple enough to add lol.
  • 1. Replace the fakes on the international teams with new fakes.
    2. Replace the jerseys of said teams with jerseys resembling the actual jerseys.
    3. Historic teams, like what 2K had.
    4. Ability to edit player names.
    5. Ability to use accented letters and numbers in player names.
    6. More logos, jerseys, cities and fonts for your custom team.
    7. SEGA license, so that Sonic and friends can be in the games.
    8. Ability to play in Europe in Be A Pro.
    9. All Time NHL Team, with all the legends.
    10. More creative interface.
    11. Electronic music in the menus.
    12. More faces, eye/eyebrow, beard, country, city and equipment options for your custom player.
    13. Make GM Mode like NHL 2K8's Franchise Mode (PS2 version).
    14. Ability to edit existing teams.
    15. More international teams (like Lithuania, Estonia, Kyrgyzstan, etc.)
  • jlnhl2001
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    -Add the option to change the look of your team's jersey in franchise mode

-For the love of god, fix how the goalies make saves. I'm still seeing saves from NHL 08.

-Same goes for the Stanley Cup celebrations and playoff series wins.

-Get the AI to shoot the puck more. Still playing games where shots are 30-12, 43-15. AI just won't shoot. Throw it to the net, you never know what'll happen.

-The commentating is still a mess. Nothing flows together.

-Make Be-a-Pro more intuitive. It's very bland and boring. Make the draft in BaP more like NBA 2k17. I hate playing a full blown season.

-Up the ante on presentations. Make them feel more fluid. They get old after you see the same thing over and over.

-Simplify the draft in franchise mode. Select what your team is in most need and have your scouts scout automatically.

-Simplify trades in Franchise mode. I hate offering more then a fair deal and the AI still won't accept.
    -User created roster downloads.

-More customization options. Stop it with the custom celebration mess.

-Fix the simulations in franchise mode. Keep seeing elite teams miss the playoffs.

-Add an expansion draft.

-Update player likeness for as many players as possible. Still seeing players that have looked the same for a while (Eric Staal comes to mind). Add authentic coaches as well.

-Improve simulation speed and stability.

-Continue to work on the AI. Some still play like they're chasing butterfly's while they're out there.

-Add full player celebrations after scoring. It used to be that way.

*If I think of anything else, I'll add it to this list.

More things I'd like.
  • jlnhl2001
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    samuelbodi wrote: »
    Slovak League (Tipsport Liga)

That'd be pretty lit.
  • Russian league KHL be really good