EA Forums - Banner

MOV Pack Pull Breakdown - $100USD

Prev1
ESPOtheDON
2940 posts Member
edited November 2016
I am not a huge fan of "Special Packs," I usually go with Gold Packs for the most part. Especially this year with how much the Jerseys, Logos, etc... are worth because of the collectibles. Lets get to the point... Here is how I made out...

$100USD = 12,000 point pack (with 100 already in there, so 12,100 total)

I BOUGHT:

2 (2,000coin) Supreme Packs (I had to try my luck a little)
3 (800coin) 10Rare Player Packs
19 (300coin) Gold Jumbo Packs

I PULLED:

89 Base Duchene
88 Base Parise
87 Base Mackinnon
87 Base Carlsson
87 Base B.Ryan (X2)

No MOV Cards, No Collectibles, No Special Cards.... It could have been worse, but it could have been better... only decent thing is I traded in all items for roughly 12 Gold Collectibles

So basically if I wanted to sell everything off I have:

200K worth of players
100K worth of collectibles

300K TOTAL
PLUS 100 CONTRACTS
Post edited by ESPOtheDON on

Replies

• That's 130000 coins with those contracts. If you play games and make about 1000 coins a game. I wish I had 100 contracts I have like 60 or something like that. However I will be playing alot more draft champions have a new set I'm working on :-)

Let's be honest what you put in should have given you a lot more. They should just make packs as juiced as they possibly can be. People will buy packs no matter what I think we have seen that this year more than ever.
  • Total Spent:
    $100 CAD
    100k coins

3 High Percentage Supremes
    2 of the 10 rare packs

No Collectables
    Bunch of 85s
    James Neal
    Bobby Ryan
    David Backes

*No Mov cars or totw...the thrill of the chase

• I don't understand, what do you mean $130,000 ?
  • 13 game contract 1000 coins per game played. Potential value of 130000 coins granted that's spread out over several player but still.
  • ohhhh, yea in addition to the original 300K value from the packs, yes.

so potentially 400-430K value from $100USD spent... not terrible, still annoying not one special card though lol
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    That is annoying. I feel like they need to start guaranteeing items in these special packs. If they guaranteed 1 movember item in a pack less people would be complaining. It could be a collectible or a player.
  • I think what they really need to do is use the "Topper" concept they have in Madden. If you buy a bundle of packs, they add on a Topper pack that has a guaranteed item. For the more expensive bundles this is something significant like a special player. This would not only sell more packs for them, but keep their customers from feeling ripped off all the time! I mean, if I spend $100 on packs, I shouldn't walk away feeling fleeced.
  • Exactly guys! I agree... I did know what I was getting into; however,I figured out of 100$ I would pull AT LEAST 1 MOV. card.... but at least I ended up with about 300K worth of value, so I can essentially buy almost any MOV card out there... it was mostly for fun to be honest

on opening day I spend 100$, and I spent $100 for MOV.. that will be all money wise. my team is fantastic and I have plenty of pucks now...

next year I will probably limit my spending to opening day just because at that point almost any decent pull will be a good pull since you are still building your team...
  • mietha
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    13 game contract 1000 coins per game played. Potential value of 130000 coins granted that's spread out over several player but still.

You are not very good at math... It takes 19 contracts to play a game. So, 100 contracts x 13 games per contract = 1300, divided by 19 = 68. So at 1000 per game (your number), that would be 68,000. How are you thinking that 100 contracts nets you 130,000?
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    13 game contract 1000 coins per game played. Potential value of 130000 coins granted that's spread out over several player but still.

soo 13g contract x20 yields 200,000 coin cost for 130000 potential if you dont stay, progress, or win the title in those 13 games.

good thing 20 contracts cost about 6k. To get 20 by packs that would probably cost 45-60k. (maybe more)Leaving you with half or 70k for 4-6hours of play. leaving you with 10k profit as you have to buy packs again(60k) to get 20 more contracts. Or 6k off market giving you 64k
    Doesn't seem worth it. so after 12 or so hours of hut you may be able to buy 1 100,000 coin pack.

That is precisely why people buy packs.

To maximize profit sell your expired contract players for at least 5% more then you pick up a replacement for. Again too much work/time.

Thats hard to word to not confuse myself :lol:.

I think i might have confused myself. :lol:

my bad 19 forgot backup doesnt need one. not changing anything.

Post edited by strategg101 on
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    mietha wrote: »

You are not very good at math... It takes 19 contracts to play a game. So, 100 contracts x 13 games per contract = 1300, divided by 19 = 68. So at 1000 per game (your number), that would be 68,000. How are you thinking that 100 contracts nets you 130,000?

He is reffering to the potential yield of 1 contract card. playing the 13 games assuming its a 50:50 w:l ratio.
    But you cant play with one card.
  • mietha
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2016

He is reffering to the potential yield of 1 contract card. playing the 13 games assuming its a 50:50 w:l ratio.

A: That is my point. The "potential yield" of a 13 game contract card is equal to the winnings from 0.6842... of a game. So, taking his number of 1000 (which is you are only getting 1000 per game, you are doing something wrong, but anyway), that would make a contract card, if you used it, "worth" 684 coins.

B: What does W:L ratio have to do with anything? You can win and get 800 and lose and get 1250.
  • I pullet a MOV... from regular pack!!!!! They exist!!!!!! Draisaitl.... :/
  • mietha wrote: »

A: That is my point. The "potential yield" of a 13 game contract card is equal to the winnings from 0.6842... of a game. So, taking his number of 1000 (which is you are only getting 1000 per game, you are doing something wrong, but anyway), that would make a contract card, if you used it, "worth" 684 coins.

B: What does W:L ratio have to do with anything? You can win and get 800 and lose and get 1250.

Really i average 800-900 a loss and 1150-1300 a win. If you won every game you would get bonus coins too.

but our findings are basically the same i just rounded mine.

• I had...

1x 2000 point package
    1x 1200 point package

No MOV player
    No MOV collectable

Best player 2000 point pack 87 Steen
    Best player 1200 point pack 88 McDonaugh.

That`s around 35 USD, enough for me to realize the price-ratio is more than poor. EspotheDon`s example even showed that 100 USD are not enough to guarantee you just one simple MOV player. Considering the odds I assume many players will buy no more packages. can understand that not every 20 Euro package can bring you a high rated MOV but at least every second pack should give you something.
  • i bought one pack got mov landeskog and mov hoffman. Stopped while i was ahead, made 350k profit.
  • I never made the case of contract worth... regardless of worth... 100 contracts (divided by 20 players(to round up) will get you (5X13games) will get me 65 games to play with my team roughly... which is a nice chunk of time ... which should equate to roughly 80K assuming some holding or progressing bonuses...

between collectibles are player worth the packs yielded about $300,000 pucks (this was my main point)

no, I did not pull any special cards, but I was lucky enough to get about 300K worth of value from the packs... so I can get most MOV cards... including the 350K I already had I can get basically any card I want
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I pullet a MOV... from regular pack!!!!! They exist!!!!!! Draisaitl.... :/

Nice I pulled a Mrazek from a 7500. Yes, they exist. Just not when you drop boatloads of $ on promo packs....

• solid pull... id rather my BASE Duchene though lol
  • Bought one. Got base Lundqvist.