EA Forums - Banner

Tips need overhaul

Prev1
The_B_0_G
593 posts Member
edited November 2016
I played 6 games today with my club and even though tipping isn't as crazy as it used to be, I think the whole system needs to be reworked.

I still see people make impossible tips while skating full speed and their backs turned to the shooter. We lost a couple of our games because of this. They need to make tips more manual, you should have to be actually looking at the shooter for one, and you should have to hold the one timer button or some other button. We outshot a team 24-13 today and lost 2-0 because of these flukey tips today, the automation needs to go.

Another thing that needs a major nerf is players ability to bat pucks out of the air. Half the time you are facing a player waiting to intercept a pass it still goes right by you, but you flip dump or slapshot dump a puck out of the zone and it's close to a player and he grabs it or most of the time bats it straight down with his stick.

We lost a game in overtime today from a puck being batted into the net on a rebound today too, goalie saved a slapshot on his blocker and it went up 2 feet and right when it came below the crossbar a player batted it right in, not even a second after the save, it was pretty much instant.
Post edited by The_B_0_G on

Replies

• Ya eventho we don't see those ridiculous deflections on slap shots where guy tips it perfectly from 10ft away from the net it's still pretty op even the weak ones. every tip is placed perfectly to the open area of the net, even the weak ones. i think they need to down the human goalie effect on deflection slider. i think the default was 65/100 before the tuner...they need to down it to something at least in the 40s.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    I played 6 games today with my club and even though tipping isn't as crazy as it used to be, I think the whole system needs to be reworked.

I still see people make impossible tips while skating full speed and their backs turned to the shooter. We lost a couple of our games because of this. They need to make tips more manual, you should have to be actually looking at the shooter for one, and you should have to hold the one timer button or some other button. We outshot a team 24-13 today and lost 2-0 because of these flukey tips today, the automation needs to go.

Another thing that needs a major nerf is players ability to bat pucks out of the air. Half the time you are facing a player waiting to intercept a pass it still goes right by you, but you flip dump or slapshot dump a puck out of the zone and it's close to a player and he grabs it or most of the time bats it straight down with his stick.

I agree that the batting the pucks out of the air is totally overpowered, especially since humans have no control over it. But there's no way they can make deflections manual, since it's impossible to take a slapshot and then make a manual tip in 1v1 modes -- no one's reactions are fast enough to do that.

• i don't really disagree with what you are saying but had to ask:
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    ... you should have to hold the one timer button...

which button is the one timer button?

• i don't really disagree with what you are saying but had to ask:

Left trigger and up on the right stick, it automatically one-time slapshots any pass that is sent to you.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »

I agree that the batting the pucks out of the air is totally overpowered, especially since humans have no control over it. But there's no way they can make deflections manual, since it's impossible to take a slapshot and then make a manual tip in 1v1 modes -- no one's reactions are fast enough to do that.

How can't they be made manual? Obviously if it's an AI player he will do it automatically, I just mean for human players and EASHL especially, it should be just like one-timer slapshots. Screen the goalie, hold vision control and hold up on right stick and if its by your stick he will try to tip. I don't think it would be hard because thats how I already tip shots.

I just find that teams who play terribly, skating zig zags and circles all over the offensive zone aimlessly usually get a lot of these flukey tip in goals on shots 3 feet in the air they wouldn't even be able to see. You should need a line of sight to tip, bottom line.
  • why are deflections auto anyway? its pretty much same as having automatic shooting.
  • why are deflections auto anyway? its pretty much same as having automatic shooting.

Exactly, just another way for weaker teams to get easy, flukey goals.
    why are deflections auto anyway? its pretty much same as having automatic shooting.

Smarter teams. The weaker team is the one losing and blaming it on that.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    why are deflections auto anyway? its pretty much same as having automatic shooting.

So whats smart about a play that relies completely on chance?

Yes random, unplanned, impossible tip shots are total skill that smarter teams use. Anything else completely brain dead you'd like to share?

If you could read you could see which type of tips I'm talking about, and there is nothing you can justify them with.

i don't really disagree with what you are saying but had to ask:

Left trigger and up on the right stick, it automatically one-time slapshots any pass that is sent to you.

That is not a "one timer button"

And are you saying while trying to position facing the shooter to deflect a puck you want to require that you hold left trigger and press "up" on right stick? Not only would that be a bit difficult not sure how they program that different than a one timer attempt.

Maybe just require that you are holding left trigger so that you are facing shooter?
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited November 2016

And are you saying while trying to position facing the shooter to deflect a puck you want to require that you hold left trigger and press "up" on right stick? Not only would that be a bit difficult not sure how they program that different than a one timer attempt.

Maybe just require that you are holding left trigger so that you are facing shooter?

Alright, hold the two buttons for one-timer.

Yes either or, they could just set it so after a certain degree of the pass angle is met it changes from a slapshot to a tip, but yeah at the very least holding vision control should be a must.

Alright, hold the two buttons for one-timer.

Yes either or, they could just set it so after a certain degree of the pass angle is met it changes from a slapshot to a tip, but yeah at the very least holding vision control should be a must.

Left stick up and right stick down while holding L2.

It's perfect the way it is.

We're not talking about changing the slapshot one timer, we're talking about implementing a manual tip when the pass angle is too sharp for a one timer.
    Follisimo wrote: »

Yes random, unplanned, impossible tip shots are total skill that smarter teams use. Anything else completely brain dead you'd like to share?

If you could read you could see which type of tips I'm talking about, and there is nothing you can justify them with.

People will always use what is given to them is the point. You obviously want to take the high road which costs you some games. I don't agree with how things are but I'm not gonna ignore what works.

People will always use what is given to them is the point. You obviously want to take the high road which costs you some games. I don't agree with how things are but I'm not gonna ignore what works.

I'm not against tipped goals, when people try to do it, it's a nice goal. I just think too many tips are accidental from people skating through the zone not even facing the shooter and should never be tipped in the first place, impossible tips, always at an open part of the net, that's my problem.

It shouldn't be so automatic. Weak wristers from the blue line 3 feet in the air shouldn't be blindly tipped by a moving player to the one open spot of the net. It's just not realistic at all. I don't want tips out of the game, I just think beautiful tips shouldn't be handed to players on a silver platter when they aren't even trying to tip in the first place.

I'm not against tipped goals, when people try to do it, it's a nice goal. I just think too many tips are accidental from people skating through the zone not even facing the shooter and should never be tipped in the first place, impossible tips, always at an open part of the net, that's my problem.

It shouldn't be so automatic. Weak wristers from the blue line 3 feet in the air shouldn't be blindly tipped by a moving player to the one open spot of the net. It's just not realistic at all. I don't want tips out of the game, I just think beautiful tips shouldn't be handed to players on a silver platter when they aren't even trying to tip in the first place.

The part where you say about players not even looking at the puck is something that should be addressed. Just like how defenders with their back turned and head not facing where the puck is coming from shouldn't be poking/intercepting the puck as often as they do just because we can see it coming on our screen.

The part where you say about players not even looking at the puck is something that should be addressed. Just like how defenders with their back turned and head not facing where the puck is coming from shouldn't be poking/intercepting the puck as often as they do just because we can see it coming on our screen.

Then offensive players should not be able to receive a pass unless they are looking at the passer. If we go into too much realism, this game will lose so much of its "funness".

As for the manual tip button, I have wanted advanced controls in the NHL series for forever. All you need is a modifier button and possibilities are endless. So many things should be able to be done manually if we want to.

Totally agree.