EA Forums - Banner

What ever happened to getting ice time as a forward when going to the bench as a goalie?

Wasn't this promised in the day 1 patch? What about when goalies fight, why is RW still being punished? Wasn't this also "fixed" in the day 1 patch?

Why is EA allowed to blatantly lie and get away with it?

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    In the patch notes:

Human goalies can now pull themselves and become a human controlled extra attacker from the bench.

But this is only specified in EASHL. It does not specify whether this is only for delayed penalties or any given situation.
  • pretty sure it glitched out goalie stats, so they took that feature out. they need to bring back goalies ability to fight players tho. i get the option to fight them when they keep poking at it after i cover the puck, but nothing happens when i hit triangle.
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    pretty sure it glitched out goalie stats, so they took that feature out. they need to bring back goalies ability to fight players tho. i get the option to fight them when they keep poking at it after i cover the puck, but nothing happens when i hit triangle.

This
  • Yes. There was a bug with the feature where if a goalie finished the game as the extra attacker, the game wouldn't count in his stats.

So the devs temporarily removed it until they can find a fix... If they can find a fix.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Yes. There was a bug with the feature where if a goalie finished the game as the extra attacker, the game wouldn't count in his stats.

So the devs temporarily removed it until they can find a fix... If they can find a fix.

It's most definitely gone for the year.
  • pretty sure it glitched out goalie stats, so they took that feature out. they need to bring back goalies ability to fight players tho. i get the option to fight them when they keep poking at it after i cover the puck, but nothing happens when i hit triangle.

Ya that sucks. It's pretty annoying having forwards slash and poke you after the whistle and not having an option to do anything about it as a goalie!
    Previous years you could fight them and take them off the ice, and they would think twice about doing it again.
    Bring it back EA!

Ya that ****. It's pretty annoying having forwards slash and poke you after the whistle and not having an option to do anything about it as a goalie!
    Previous years you could fight them and take them off the ice, and they would think twice about doing it again.
    Bring it back EA!

They took it out because people were complaining that they were being sent to the box for 5 minutes if the goalies fight. I think fighting as a goalie is stupid anyways. I'd much rather EA just give scrubs that slash or keep poking at the goalie a 2 minute penalty.
  • Agreed.

It's stupid how they work: one moment they're calling back a goal for "goalie interference" when the opposing player barely skinned the goalie. The next moment 3 players from the opposing team crash into you with the puck, knocking you and it inside the net, and it counts as a good goal.