EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17 Is Garbage

sleepyT
116 posts Member
edited November 2016
I can't keep playing this game for much longer. I know well the vicious cycle of a love-hate game relationship and this one is it. Great game but it's horrible, ya know?
Look at this video. I spend the money, the time practicing and playing to have one of the best teams money can buy and make myself into an elite human goalie and I did it all based on a totally different game.
This game they are throwing out there now is described well only by words that they won't let us print here.
It's unplayable but it's the only hockey game. Ten thousand human goalies can all quit tonight forever and EA wouldn't feel it or care.
I probably won't quit altogether or very soon but I feel this is the beginning of the end of a long relationship that has gone bad. It's one video clip of something that has now happened literally hundreds of times.
Didn't Call of Duty just come out. Talk about a needed change of pace. I need to move on.
Post edited by sleepyT on

Replies

• The goalie **** continues and not a **** word from the shitbags at EA about them doing something about it.
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    Maybe they will release a new ultra caladocious platinum supreme goalie pack for $199.99. That seems to be there answer to everything. Lets make more money from the suckers i mean EA players. Where is NHL17k..this game blows..

If ANYONE, and I mean anyone ever produces a hockey game to compete and bury EA I will pay $1000 or more dollars for it just to support them.
  • What a waste of $1000. No lasting value
  • Stfx96
    346 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    What am I missing here? I see a goalie WAY too deep in his crease and a shooter goes high shelf on him. Sorry bro but this is not elite goaltending. Challenge the shooter and take the net away, he had no one to pass to. You left a ton or real estate to shoot at, you weren't even at the edge of the blue paint (you were barely off the goal line). If there is something else I am just not seeing here, please let me know.
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    What am I missing here? I see a goalie WAY too deep in his crease and a shooter goes high shelf on him. Sorry bro but this is not elite goaltending. Challenge the shooter and take the net away, he had no one to pass to. You left a ton or real estate to shoot at, you weren't even at the edge of the blue paint (you were barely off the goal line). If there is something else I am just not seeing here, please let me know.

Yes, **** you're missing the part where the puck goes through the goalie. Say hello to the ignore button for being a stupid troll. Bye.
  • sleepyT wrote: »
    Stfx96 wrote: »

Yes, **** you're missing the part where the puck goes through the goalie. Say hello to the ignore button for being a stupid troll. Bye.

Typical whiner can't play goalie but blame it on the game, stfx96 is right your on the goal line and giving him way to much to shoot at, and he went top shelf, not through you.
  • You made yourself small by not challenging the shooter. You think just cause you're controlling Patrick Roy you should save everything but IRL if you give a guy that kind of scoring chance it's going to end up in the back of the net a lot of the time, especially when you aren't playing the angle properly.
  • Not to pile on but they're right. I really don't see a problem with that goal
  • Stfx96 wrote: »

This is EXACTLY the problem. The game has flaws but that goal was on you moron.
  • I dont mind losing if the game play is fun but this years game play youre basically up against two elements (1)your opponent and the awwwwful (2)game physics of this years NHL 17 it is just despicable... utterly disappointing and for the most part unrealistic.

I often feel like once the puck drops all the payers drop to an 80 overall generic on ice rating. How can "NHL" quality players over skate pucks, fan on 1-timers, or mis handle pucks as much as the players this year it is truly unbelievable in the worst way. I have more than 6 Tape to Tape synergy points and my players miss more passes than your shot total probably.

At times it feels like all players skate at the same speed, shoot and even handle the puck all at the same level. Like a McDavid skating, handling, and shooting doesnt feel any different from a Drouin or a Monahan to me. The card says one thing but when youre in the game everyone feels like the same player. Like it feels like everyone is as fast as my 96 Bure.... even god damn pronger has skated side by side with my bure... I dont get it.

Even if you could pay money for a stick lift booster pack it wouldnt even work cause once you hit that stick lift button your players stick becomes invisible and it literally doesnt work. Lets say youre lucky enough to connect with a stick lift, your opponent somehow ALWAYS regains possession even though you lifted him... i dont get it...

You're right its unfortunate that we have only one option for a hockey game...
  • mattborowiec
    2305 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm sorry that these things are happening. It's hard to understand why this is happening to you. My Bure skates like the wind and out skates everyone in my games. When you say he's being caught by pronger, are you deking too? Going straight? I just know for me if he picks up the puck in my end, and has a straight path, he's untouchable. it's not even close.
  • the only time ill try to deke with Bure is when the defence close in near the blue line. Ill try and enter the zone and either drive to the net or down low usually cause everyone seems to match the speed of Bure from inside the bluelines.... Also do you have his Speedster synergy active? I dont... maybe thats my issue?
  • I do have it active.
  • wardencIyffe
    31 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    okay... ill give that a shot and see how that works out for me. Thanks
  • I bet it wont make any difference.
  • Give it a try. My Bure is so fast
  • I wouldn't say the game is complete garbage, yeah there are some things they need to fix up when it comes to poke checking and some of the penalties. The only real thing that makes me upset is the fact I have to continue to stare at these generic EA jerseys on the tucson roadrunners and the springfield thunderbirds. The roster's are ok but could be alot better. EA always seem to take there sweet a$$ time when it comes to roster updates or jersey codes, I truly hope we dont have to wait another month before we get something done.