EA Forums - Banner

Alienating the Long-term Fans

Replies

  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...

    hey can you show me where I can find the clips where a weak wrister from the boards gives a huge rebound into the middle of the slot ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.

  • hey @COGSx86
    Post that recent video of Seabrook doing his job clearing that rebound. :lol:

  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...

    hey can you show me where I can find the clips where a weak wrister from the boards gives a huge rebound into the middle of the slot ?

    Right here:



  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.
    In EASHL, rebound goals are out of control. It's all some teams go for. Weak wrister from 20 feet away at a bad angle, perfect rebound to the slot.
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.
    In EASHL, rebound goals are out of control. It's all some teams go for. Weak wrister from 20 feet away at a bad angle, perfect rebound to the slot.

    So learn to stop it, there would be many many many more in the nhl too if the Defense didnt stop them.

    One thing i would argue though around the net if the puck is at their feet but not on their stick you should be able to hit them without a penalty. Same for a pass that goes through someone. Get alot of interference for those.

  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.
    In EASHL, rebound goals are out of control. It's all some teams go for. Weak wrister from 20 feet away at a bad angle, perfect rebound to the slot.

    So learn to stop it, there would be many many many more in the nhl too if the Defense didnt stop them.

    Learn to stop a weak wrist shot from the boards on either side of the rink... that is exactly where you want to force them to shoot from, have you even played competitive hockey before? I feel like responding to you is even a waste of time.
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.
    In EASHL, rebound goals are out of control. It's all some teams go for. Weak wrister from 20 feet away at a bad angle, perfect rebound to the slot.

    So learn to stop it, there would be many many many more in the nhl too if the Defense didnt stop them.

    Learn to stop a weak wrist shot from the boards on either side of the rink... that is exactly where you want to force them to shoot from, have you even played competitive hockey before? I feel like responding to you is even a waste of time.

    Feeling is mutual bud, pick up the rebound or prevent the shooter from getting a shot off on the rebound. Its not rocket science.
    Save my fingers in constantly trying to spell it out for you. Watch a hockey game and focus on rebounds calculate how many are generated, how many are picked up by defense, and how many result in goals.

    I'm honestly shocked thats not a statistic.
  • I would do that job.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    Hotjoint wrote: »
    The NHL series isnt fun to play anymore, thats what its come down to. Ea wont give us 100% control of our player. Its frustrating and a chore to play. My team used to be hardcore players, we barely play anymore and it looks like we might stop buying NHL all together.

    Can't wait for COGs and strategg to come in and say "real hockey" and "don't let them shoot from the boards" you know, because these two are hockey experts....

    I mean, the amount of stuff I've learned from these two is amazing. I'll make sure to tell the Prep defensemen I work with thos year to give up the middle of the ice, because we don't want them taking weak wristers from the boards, because those will certainly result in huge rebounds in the middle of our slot. Lol...
    You still going on about rebounds? :lol: I havent given up a rebound goal in a long time.....So I must be doing something right. Sure a few have gone in from those angles (get caught moving) <That shouldnt happen. Maybe my defense has been doing their JOB I dont know.

    Maybe have them position themselves for the picking up the rebounds. :lol: Cause you know Defense isnt suppose to do that. Goalie should have complete control all the time.
    In EASHL, rebound goals are out of control. It's all some teams go for. Weak wrister from 20 feet away at a bad angle, perfect rebound to the slot.

    So learn to stop it, there would be many many many more in the nhl too if the Defense didnt stop them.

    Learn to stop a weak wrist shot from the boards on either side of the rink... that is exactly where you want to force them to shoot from, have you even played competitive hockey before? I feel like responding to you is even a waste of time.

    Feeling is mutual bud, pick up the rebound or prevent the shooter from getting a shot off on the rebound. Its not rocket science.

    Actually goalies don't leave these rebounds on these weak shots in actual hockey, at least not every time like they do in the game. Clunky skating for defense also prevents you from getting to these pucks realistically.

    I really doubt you've played any competitive hockey, as you sound like you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You think the only answer is grabbing the rebound or stopping the shot, without giving any thought to the goalie. Goalies aren't inanimate objects, they know where rebounds go, and don't angle every rebound to the highest percentage scoring area every shot.

    Stop arguing nonsense.
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?
    Your argument is that a CPU goalue generates big rebounds to scoring areas. Ok great you observed that. But you failed to recognize that these rebounds are generated do to the goalies positioning and the placement of the shot, With a few instances of fluke rebounds.

    Im telling you to play with a human goalie that is less aggressive and see if you get the same results. I gaurantee you wont.
  • Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?


    Are you saying that the defense should be grabbing every one of these weak rebounds that would never happen in real hockey? Strategg, your name becomes less and less reliable as an informed hockey source every time you speak. You should give up on this conversation while anyone, if anyone still listens to you.

    Apparently goalies have nothing to do with rebounds, defensemen grab every single shot after it hits a goalies pads, who knew?
  • And no most people know i have never played real hockey, as i have stated before i never learned how to skate. played a c r a p load of road hockey, mostly goalie. Friends would get mad at me for kicking the rebounds so far away. :lol: But its not hard to understand physics and the possibilty of uncontrolled rebounds from bad angle shots. That has been said forever and will continue to be. Probably the most practiced thing by real goalies. They know a majority of the time where it is going to go.
    Thats why P.Roy would get sooo angry at his defensemen.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    And no most people know i have never played real hockey, as i have stated before i never learned how to skate. played a c r a p load of road hockey, mostly goalie. Friends would get mad at me for kicking the rebounds so far away. :lol: But its not hard to understand physics and the possibilty of uncontrolled rebounds from bad angle shots. That has been said forever and will continue to be. Probably the most practiced thing by real goalies. They know a majority of the time where it is going to go.
    Thats why P.Roy would get sooo angry at his defensemen.

    You can't skate?... road hockey. Tennis ball rebounds... I'm just gonna leave this here, this is the last time we'll talk most likely, until nhl 18 road hockey, which would probably be awesome actually.

  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    And no most people know i have never played real hockey, as i have stated before i never learned how to skate. played a c r a p load of road hockey, mostly goalie. Friends would get mad at me for kicking the rebounds so far away. :lol: But its not hard to understand physics and the possibilty of uncontrolled rebounds from bad angle shots. That has been said forever and will continue to be. Probably the most practiced thing by real goalies. They know a majority of the time where it is going to go.
    Thats why P.Roy would get sooo angry at his defensemen.

    You can't skate?... road hockey. Tennis ball rebounds... I'm just gonna leave this here, this is the last time we'll talk most likely, until nhl 18 road hockey, which would probably be awesome actually.

    Good, thank you. Sorry you dont understand physics or hockey, blaming the clunky defenseman for not being able to tell where a rebound is going to go.

  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?


    Are you saying that the defense should be grabbing every one of these weak rebounds that would never happen in real hockey? Strategg, your name becomes less and less reliable as an informed hockey source every time you speak. You should give up on this conversation while anyone, if anyone still listens to you.

    Apparently goalies have nothing to do with rebounds, defensemen grab every single shot after it hits a goalies pads, who knew?

    So now you are putting words in my mouth, love it. Failed to see me say that rebound control is probably the #1 thing that goalies practice. And still stuggle to control them. You must just be a troll.

    You never answered my question...:lol:
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?


    Are you saying that the defense should be grabbing every one of these weak rebounds that would never happen in real hockey? Strategg, your name becomes less and less reliable as an informed hockey source every time you speak. You should give up on this conversation while anyone, if anyone still listens to you.

    Apparently goalies have nothing to do with rebounds, defensemen grab every single shot after it hits a goalies pads, who knew?

    So now you are putting words in my mouth, love it. Failed to see me say that rebound control is probably the #1 thing that goalies practice. And still stuggle to control them. You must just be a troll.

    You never answered my question...:lol:

    I actually made the reply before you edited your post. Should I update mine every time you update yours?
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Go play road hockey with your nieces and nephews, wow them on how much about hockey you know, even without knowing how to actually skate.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?


    Are you saying that the defense should be grabbing every one of these weak rebounds that would never happen in real hockey? Strategg, your name becomes less and less reliable as an informed hockey source every time you speak. You should give up on this conversation while anyone, if anyone still listens to you.

    Apparently goalies have nothing to do with rebounds, defensemen grab every single shot after it hits a goalies pads, who knew?

    So now you are putting words in my mouth, love it. Failed to see me say that rebound control is probably the #1 thing that goalies practice. And still stuggle to control them. You must just be a troll.

    You never answered my question...:lol:

    I actually made the reply before you edited your post. Should I update mine every time you update yours?


    Pretty, sure that was in there from the beginning, but that just further proves the lack of comprehension one has while their mind is closed.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Answer this one question. Why are the defensemen there?


    Are you saying that the defense should be grabbing every one of these weak rebounds that would never happen in real hockey? Strategg, your name becomes less and less reliable as an informed hockey source every time you speak. You should give up on this conversation while anyone, if anyone still listens to you.

    Apparently goalies have nothing to do with rebounds, defensemen grab every single shot after it hits a goalies pads, who knew?

    So now you are putting words in my mouth, love it. Failed to see me say that rebound control is probably the #1 thing that goalies practice. And still stuggle to control them. You must just be a troll.

    You never answered my question...:lol:

    I actually made the reply before you edited your post. Should I update mine every time you update yours?


    Pretty, sure that was in there from the beginning, but that just further proves the lack of comprehension one has while their mind is closed.

    If it was in the post about you playing road hockey goalie, I skipped it. My bad, didn't think it had anything to do with what we were talking about... because it doesn't.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.