EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

** HERO REVIEWS ** Please Contribute

Prev13
Hey Guys...

Very simple thread here. As you all know, the Heroes have some pretty boosted stats, but do they play as well as their stats say?

FORMAT - State the player you have used, and comment on all 5 attributes (if possible).. I will start but lets keep it going, this thread can be very helpful

SULLIVAN
Skating - Very good acceleration, great speed
Shooting - Fantastic snipe
Hands - great deking and passing
Checking - better than youd expect for a little guy

BUCYK
Skating - great acceleration, good speed
Shooting - Fantastic snipe
Hands - great deking and passing
Checking - OK
Defense - Have him on PK.. gets good amount of SH goals

Replies

• dirty5holes
    65 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Macinnes
    Skating - Solid acceleration and speed
    Shooting - DIRTY SLAPPER
    Hands - quality breakouts because of the quick hands and puck pickups
    Checking - good a pokes, lifts and bodying opponents off the puck - not going to blow up guys with big hit as often which wasn't really who he was anyways.
  • Amonte

Lethal slap shot
    Great checking and poke
    Speed super fast but has to get going
    Acceleration could be better
    Great hands
    Finds open spots for one timers
    Passing is amazing
    Gets in front of the net for rebounds and tip ins
    Can get knocked off the puck but tends to maintain possession
    Overall A-
    Mainly because of acceleration
  • thanks H8ttrick... ACC. for me is very important and I was looking at Amonte so I may look elsewhere
  • REDDEN
    Skating - decent accel, very good top end speed
    Shooting - Heavy 1t shot but often misses
    Hands - Good enough. Finishes off breakaway dekes but all players do
    Checking - Very solid. Think McDonagh on steroids
    Defense - Great positionally and top notch poke check

Overall I give him an 8.5 / 10. Recommend as a shutdown dman. Play him with an offensive Dman to get the most out of him. I have him with Karlsson
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I will say this about amonte though. Once he gets going no one is catching him. Should have put that in there. I love him would suggest him to anyone! But the acceleration is the only hindrance figured he would be faster.

Also was looking at redden thanks for that info!
  • mattborowiec
    2305 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Shanahan both synergies active
    Skating- very fast. But a step or 2 behind burners
    Shooting- great shot. Wrister is so good
    Hands- good. Hard to knock off puck
    Checking- a beast!
    Defense- my best PK guy

1st line LW. The best hero I've used

I've also used Sullivan (currently ), Murphy, Tkachuk, and others but I'll let others do them so everyone can get involved. Hows Wilson or klesla? I may need their IS synergy
  • Anyone have any good luck with the Goalies? I have Kolzig and the Roy 93 ovr card and Kolzig handily outperforms but still lets in weak crap all the time and it seems to come in bunches. After 60 games my Kolzig has a 0.89 sv% and under 2gaa - my Roy has a 0.85 sv% with a 2 or over GAA after 15 games
  • great info guys... keep it coming
  • LaFontaine

All around awesome. I was expecting more G A and pts. Even though he is on my 1st line with WC Kurri and base Kucherov, and should be producing more, kurri is usually getting the offense going. LaFontaine is excellent on the forecheck despite being on the smaller side. Very good wrister.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I am actually working on him great to see! He is an American hero so I can't help but go after him lol
    That is actually how I go about working on these heros first are they a former Blackhawk then are they American.
  • I used Vernon. he was great to start. After a while he started to play porely. His gaa went from under 1 to over 3. I think goalies are useless so just use one who's synergies work
  • Anyone have any good luck with the Goalies? I have Kolzig and the Roy 93 ovr card and Kolzig handily outperforms but still lets in weak **** all the time and it seems to come in bunches. After 60 games my Kolzig has a 0.89 sv% and under 2gaa - my Roy has a 0.85 sv% with a 2 or over GAA after 15 games

Have had great luck with Vernon, Stands on his head minus the odd swiss cheese moment and rebounds sometimes can be a issue .
    Giguere I just got. But I'm 7>2 with him at the moment. I'll have to play a few more to get a good handle on him.
    In my opinion I'm always going with a hero goalie, I've used about every other base tender, And there is no comparison, They have stolen games where I had no business being in.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • keep it coming.
  • Hextall is an absolute stonewall.
  • Most of my team is Heros and I have tryed quite a few more.

Shannahan is the best for me , hits well , holds puck well, scores, and skates very good for his size.

Sittler is great on offense and defense, very fast skater, and quite strong on his feet and the puck.

Linden very good face offs, strong on puck and plays both ends well, skates very well.

MacInnis has a bomb of a shot, skates quite well and very strong on defense.

Nystrom is very good also mostly defense, but very strong on puck and also quite fast , strong cycle game.

Sullivan is very fast and quite strong on puck even though his size, passes well and has a good 1 timer.

Hawerchuk is very fast , scores easily, and is fairly strong on puck.

Lafontaine is quite fast, good cycle game and can score and pass well.

Smyth is very strong on puck and defense, and also strong in front of net, not fast but not too slow either.

Just recently got Foote and so far like him, quite good skater for his size and how hard he hits, also very strong on puck and defense.

I have only had luck with 1 goalie ever but have not tryed Hero goalies other then DC, for me so far Legend Cujo is the best I have used.

I am really liking the Heros so will add as I use and try more.
  • Played someone the other day, they kept coming down the boards, curling, sending it back to the point. To the other point where MacInnis was waiting. The dude destroyed me.

Of course, scored some late ones by intercepting those point to point passes. I caught on to the act, just a bit too late and ran out of time.

Mac = beast

I remember him and Iafrate had the craziest shots!!
  • It's interesting how a player like Blake doesn't take a lot of penalties
  • I just completed the set for Blake as your review got me off the fence. Appreciate your post.

Also thanks to all the others who've taken the time to make a review.
  • Linden - beast on all levels
    Sullivan -great sniper
    Graves -meh offense but good defence
    Amonte - not scoring like Linden or Sullivan
    Howerchuk - I have had limited success with him nowhere near Linden for me
    Redden - good d and some offence

Currently looking for a hero Goalie so comments are great
  • So far I have Brind'amour, Amonte, Andreychuk, Bucyk, Graves, and Foote. I'm liking them all.