EA Forums - Banner

Gold Packs vs Promo Packs

After the launch of Movember subsiding, I decided to cave again and buy a couple packs.
Some with coins, some with points.

Out of 10 Gold packs being opened between me and a friend, here is what we pulled....

MOV Klingberg
Ovechkin
Faulk
Duchene
Tavares

Bought two promo packs yesterday and got
Krejci
Zetterberg

Needless to say, I will continue to get gold packs from here on

Replies

• Unless you're trying to get a collectable or having the increased chance at a special card you are right. Plus you get more jerseys and coaches. They aren't worth what they once we're but still gonna get you between 500 and 1k each. Some jerseys even more.
  • monz
    887 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    So your getting 88+ players in 60% of your packs? Anybody else smell that.
    Post edited by monz on
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I dont get anything from any of the packs lol. 85's and 86's woohoo! no matter what the pack. ohh and an 82 potg awesome!!! :lol: Lies guess i got Neely, and 2 milestone Keslers, totw falck, But those aren't Movembers. 0 movs from gold packs. must've opened 50 this week.
    Bought one 20 player promo, and got 1 bad 87, the rest were 85,86's. I'll stick to the gold jumbos.

This week im buying Skyrim :lol:
  • Id have trouble playing a game I've allready sunk 300 hours into again. I had my time with skyrim. It was a grand time. Ill measure future games of that ilk to it fer the rest of my life.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    Id have trouble playing a game I've allready sunk 300 hours into again. I had my time with skyrim. It was a grand time. Ill measure future games of that ilk to it fer the rest of my life.

Ya its the mods that perked my interest. Hopefully a survival one soon.
  • monz wrote: »
    So your getting 88+ players in 60% of your packs? Anybody else smell that.

That run, yep!

No need to worry, I've bought probably 30 different promo packs and got absolutely nothing except for a Legend Niedermeyer

Have also bought different groups of Gold packs, including yesterday, and got nothing.

Whole point of the post was to me, it makes more sense to buy gold packs. More collectibles and seems to have the same chances. No one can say it does or doesn't because all EA says is increased chances of getting Movember. That could be an increased chance of .00001% for all we know lol
  • Oh, and I said it was between me and my friend who I was on mic with. Unfortunately, I didn't get the Ovi
  • monz
    887 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I understand it was between you and your friend. How much did EA pay you to post that? Between me and my friend we've probably opened 200 packs whilst getting two +90 players a 93 legend Roy and a 90 Lundquist. Were they promo packs given to you by EA because your a youtuber? I wouldn't believe it even if I saw it!
  • monz
    887 posts Member
    BTW I completely agree with your point that regular 7.5/15k packs are the way to go.
  • monz
    887 posts Member
    Also just giving you a hard time cause I'm ULTRA jelly. :)
  • Dang! I bought TWO of those expensive packs over the weekend....with ALL rares...pull nothing more than a Base Seabrook and JVR.

TWO different friends each bought two packs...one pulls a Legend, an 88, and a MOV. The other pulls at least seven excellent cards (88+, MOV, etc.)

I am so discouraged to buy any more packs. I know it's my own fault for spending the money, but who's effing fault is it that pack luck runs like it is?

OP Did you notice a change in result from the 7500 to 15000 Gold Pack pulls?

Thanks,
  • Honestly the only time I buy a 7500 Gold Pack is if I only have that amount left over lol.
    The 15,000 are the ones I buy 90% of the time now and I don't think I would switch to the 7,500

I will never post any video on Youtube, I think it's a joke and it's ridiculous that people get better odds and actually make money off of it. I work a real job to make my money and can afford to buy packs like 99% of us that do.

I really don't think the Gold packs are better to buy at the end of the day in terms of odds, I just do because I want to get all the Heroes. I have probably bought 150+ gold packs and trust me, thats the only good bunch I've gotten.
  • Honestly the only time I buy a 7500 Gold Pack is if I only have that amount left over lol.
    The 15,000 are the ones I buy 90% of the time now and I don't think I would switch to the 7,500

I will never post any video on Youtube, I think it's a joke and it's ridiculous that people get better odds and actually make money off of it. I work a real job to make my money and can afford to buy packs like 99% of us that do.

I really don't think the Gold packs are better to buy at the end of the day in terms of odds, I just do because I want to get all the Heroes. I have probably bought 150+ gold packs and trust me, thats the only good bunch I've gotten.

I watched one of those the other day. My constant feeling of wanting to Throat Punch the little chud's voice and words---"hitting this one from the back", opening packs with his feet, etc.

If that's all it takes to get free packs on YouTube, heck, I can do that in a **** Cheney mask and boxer shorts.