EA Forums - Banner

Hut or Mov?

I have the following and I'm not sure if this is the best route or sell and go for MOV Cards?
Linden
Redden
Graves
Hawerchuk
Amonte
Lafontaine
Sullivan

I am a mid level player and this is my first year so not sure what is the best route (5-6 division player).

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Best route for what? That's a great base of guys. A top 6 and a top dman. What are you trying to do?
  • It entirely depends on if you're a gambler. It's definitely possible a number of Movember cards end up being higher rated than your current 94's. But then again you could end up with a bunch of cards lower rated then your own currently. If you're thinking selling value the above applies as well.
  • Raven1269 wrote: »
    I have the following and I'm not sure if this is the best route or sell and go for MOV Cards?
    Linden
    Redden
    Graves
    Hawerchuk
    Amonte
    Lafontaine
    Sullivan

I am a mid level player and this is my first year so not sure what is the best route (5-6 division player).

Thanks in advance!

Tough call, you can always do them again on another account. I thought about selling mine, but its a buyers market right now. 94's with synergies active will be close to 99's if they even get that high.

Sell the ones you wont or dont want to use and buy the ones you would like. unfortunately though the movs are really expensive. I have just been buying the cheap ones and completing sets. I have had 0 pack luck this year for MOV and dont recommend selling players for buying packs. Sold Kurri got burnt on packs. I wasnt using him anyway so it didnt hurt too much.

You could always sell them if you can recreate for less then you sell. Use the profit for movs.

• Thanks for the replies! Again I am somewhat new and I wasn't sure what is the better investment as I don't really know how high the MOV cards can go as far as stats and price on the market.
  • Mov Scheifele is the Mov to go after it seems
  • Raven1269 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies! Again I am somewhat new and I wasn't sure what is the better investment as I don't really know how high the MOV cards can go as far as stats and price on the market.

Your Heroes are better than 90% of MOVs will be, and the few MOVs that end up being higher-rated than the Heroes would cost you 2-3 times as much as the Heroes do. Last year, there were a lot of interesting MOV bargains, and you could make a ton of coins by investing in them. This year, MOVs have started off expensive and haven't gotten any cheaper.
  • LivewirePA
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Heros really killed MOV this year and I dont think the market has caught on to this. Why spend 200k for an 88 MOV player? even if he has an amazing year and gets to like 95-96, by this time MOVs will tank in value because they always do when the season winds down.

Also in the end of the year cycle when gold contracts and everything goes up due to the pack ripping all but being over, Heros will skyrocket in Value as people are no longer churning them. So really they are the best investment.

So theoretically a 95 OVR MOV should still be selling at the same price as a 94 OVR Hero in June.
  • Myself, I would sell as much as you can and invest in movembers. buy them near the end of their week, guys sell cheap because they want to buy packs to get the latest movember cards. Week 4 will have all the ones everyone wants to get their hands on, taransenko, gaudreau, karlsson, mcdavid... could be wrong though. I sold a few heros to get a few movembers, but i went with lower guys like larkin and horvat so help with activate more synergies. landeskog wouldnt be bad, i think he had 3 good synergies for his price and hes an 87. like others have said its a gamble, last year i picked up horvat and he never budged from his base rating.

if you're having success right now, dont mess with it. you never know how the game is going to turn out with all the imbalances. i had 4 nice lines with heros, legends, totws... was barely getting thru games. ive made some adjustments and focused on the top 2 lines, havent lost in regulation in 17 games. I know thats really peanuts compared to other guys success but for me thats quite the accomplishment. im usually a .500 players, maybe sometimes slightly above. i play no more then 400 games though per year.
  • LivewirePA wrote: »
    Heros really killed MOV this year and I dont think the market has caught on to this. Why spend 200k for an 88 MOV player? even if he has an amazing year and gets to like 95-96, by this time MOVs will tank in value because they always do when the season winds down.

Also in the end of the year cycle when gold contracts and everything goes up due to the pack ripping all but being over, Heros will skyrocket in Value as people are no longer churning them. So really they are the best investment.

So theoretically a 95 OVR MOV should still be selling at the same price as a 94 OVR Hero in June.

Didn't factor in the limited time movs available for, and the fact that heros are infinitely available.

• If you like to gamble, or play with the current starts or you like tp see your players grow over the season, than go for the MOV. Otherwise keep your 94 rated Hereos. Most of the MOV will not reach this level and those who have the potential are already quite expensive, especialy when you try to sell your Heroes.

E.g. MOV Seguin goes for around 750k to 800k and has currently a 90 rating. There is a godd chance, he`ll will be in the 92-93 range in April and than get a TOTY promotion, which will lead to an 96-97 rating. However, your Hero already has 94 rating now and 4 synergies. Thereofre no risk. And when you try to sell him you only get 150-250k (depends on the player).
  • LivewirePA wrote: »

Didn't factor in the limited time movs available for, and the fact that heros are infinitely available.

I did, last year Movembers were insanely profitable, however come playoff time around Apr-May their values plummeted to normal card price. People were happy with the TOTY/Last version of that players most recent cards, as there upgrades were basically over, MOV lost its appeal as the updates were done.

Hero Cards while still indefinitely will be harder to nab off the market as the insane pack ripping and quick selling of mass jerseys etc will come to an end. So Basically the 95 MOV that slightly loses value will be on the same tier with the 94 Hero card that slightly gains value.

It just seems like why wait an entire year for a 95 OVR MOV if you invest correctly, when you can just enjoy the 94 Hero now.
  • Some great responses and logic- much appreciated! I think I may balance with a few MOVS for those who I think will have a great year and get upgraded (who are within reach as far as value anyway).
  • agreed.. and HEROES have way better synergies for the most part