EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Set Advice Please

MORN

Here's my deal:

I've been grinding to try and get Vancouver completed. I am 3 each Gold and Carbon Collectibles away from this. I am not coin rich, nor pack lucky. If you were me, would you "release Vancover back into the Auction Pool" and start on a different (cheaper) set...Say, like Boston?

My goal originally was to grab a HUT Hero, auction him, then use those funds to improve my team. Well, a few months later, I now have a team I am 90% happy with, and have also realized how, for lack of a better word, tricky, HUT Hero cards are to obtain. I really only want to add a couple more 88+ Blueliners and maybe another 88+ forward. My lofty goals are to obtain Blake, Foote, and Bourque, maybe even a Roy if I get super lucky LOL. Die Hard Avs Fan.

So, if you were me, would you back out of the Linden deal to go after Bucyk or someone cheaper than Linden? I have seen that Bourque and Bucyk relatively are close to each other in price, on the block. That would be, to me, the easiest to go swap.

Thanks for the help, advice, and reading this.

Replies

• I had Linden early on and regret selling him for 225k. What's his current LPS?

Now I'm playing with more affordable legends to acquire, Redden, Bucyk, and Graves. Both Redden and Bucyk I highly recommend. If Bucyk wore a helmet I'd like him even more...

Graves I'm trying to figure out still...

I would ditch your plan on trying to complete Linden and going after a cheaper 94ovr.
  • My opinion would be to go after Linden first...
    Sure it is going to take longer but he is a guarantee 215k+ if you decide that you don't like him in the end

Bucyk is probably the only Hero that will kill me to make because you can buy him for so much cheaper. I have seen him on the auction house for 80k and not selling.

Haven't tried Blake or Foote yet but Blake is definitely my next target. I just finished making Larry Murphy and he is by far my best defense. Blake has great synergy with HH but I don't think SB is very valuable, that's just my opinion. Larry Murphy was fairly inexpensive with Kessel being the most expensive portion at 15-20k.

I have had Linden twice, he is really good if you have TW active but how are you standing with synergies right now?
  • My opinion would be to go after Linden first...
    Sure it is going to take longer but he is a guarantee 215k+ if you decide that you don't like him in the end

Bucyk is probably the only Hero that will kill me to make because you can buy him for so much cheaper. I have seen him on the auction house for 80k and not selling.

Haven't tried Blake or Foote yet but Blake is definitely my next target. I just finished making Larry Murphy and he is by far my best defense. Blake has great synergy with HH but I don't think SB is very valuable, that's just my opinion. Larry Murphy was fairly inexpensive with Kessel being the most expensive portion at 15-20k.

I have had Linden twice, he is really good if you have TW active but how are you standing with synergies right now?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Synergies active currently are WW and maybe one more. I'll have to look as I haven't paid to much attention to those....guessing I should be.

Mook
  • I would go after Linden as his market value is fairly consistent.

The only issue you may find is selling him after playing with him for a few games. He has been one of my best players on offence and defence! He will always be part of my team moving forward. The other keeper if you ever get to his price point is Murphy on D.
  • It's cheaper to buy Heroes on the AH rather than make them yourself. The only reason to do sets is to get the Hero Collectibles, which we assume will be valuable at some point this year.
  • monz
    753 posts Member
    The Vancouver set is very easy to collect, the hard part is 33 gold you still need, roughly 170k worth of collectables. For Boston you'll need Bergy 60k, Krejci 15k, Rask 10k, Marchand and Krug 5k each, 12-16 low level players 6-8k, 8 jersey's 12k. So that's roughly 115k to buy set at rock bottom prices. One plus is you can play with the players on Boston until you have them all. It all depends on what synergies you want (most important part of hut this year) Linden gives you team wheel which most consider the best synergy.
  • Every week more and more TW special cards will be released reducing the glamour of Linden's 2x TW. Know this going in... buyer beware.

• Thanks for taking the time to reply. Synergies active currently are WW and maybe one more. I'll have to look as I haven't paid to much attention to those....guessing I should be.

Mook[/quote]

To be honest, I think at this point you are still too early for Linden. If synergies aren't a huge focus for you, you should get the cheaper guys. One guy isn't going to make or break a TEAM. for the price of Linden, you could get Bucyk and 2-3 solid 88's
  • To be honest, I think at this point you are still too early for Linden. If synergies aren't a huge focus for you, you should get the cheaper guys. One guy isn't going to make or break a TEAM. for the price of Linden, you could get Bucyk and 2-3 solid 88's

I literally need 2 Golds, 2 Carbons. That's it. I feel like I went too far, not knowing exactly what I was doing, and now I have to finish this. Problem is...what I need 22 more Golds, right? LOL
    I loved Linden as a player, the only Canuck I respected in all those battles with my Avs. I planned on putting him straight to the block and not using him. I wasn't wanting to use him on my team, however reading some of the above posts has me thinking now, LOL.

22 Gold on the low end is what....120k? So...does this mean that if I do get Linden, then sell him and go after Bucyk, the return on investment is cut in half? The obvious goal here was to improve my team, mostly with former Avs Legends (or players who played for them).

Appreciate the snot out of all the points of view! Thanks!
  • You can get those collectibles For less. Just search logos and jerseys for 500-200 you will find them for cheap. Think I made quite a few collectibles for 2k and carbons for 20k just have to know what you are doing.

Sorry for letting the collectibles' secret out everyone can get mad at me now :-) I hope they do those prices need to drop to 2k no jersey or logo should cost 2k stuff is making me mad.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    You can get those collectibles For less. Just search logos and jerseys for 500-200 you will find them for cheap. Think I made quite a few collectibles for 2k and carbons for 20k just have to know what you are doing.

Sorry for letting the collectibles' secret out everyone can get mad at me now :-) I hope they do those prices need to drop to 2k no jersey or logo should cost 2k stuff is making me mad.

THANK YOU sir.

Next time you're in Colorado, I owe you a frosty, malted, hoppy....soda. ;)
  • I'm from KC I don't need your craft brews we got boulevard and kc bier I'm good. I will take you up on some fancy odd dining though ;-)
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    I'm from KC I don't need your craft brews we got boulevard and kc bier I'm good. I will take you up on some fancy odd dining though ;-)

HEY YO. Tell Tale Tart is my motherflipping GO TO beer! Love the brewery in that airport too...Pig and Barrel?

• monz
    753 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    A, all day to play the market B, are lucky C, multiple people selling low D, strategy for covering all item avenues. AKA knowing what your doing
  • To be honest, I think at this point you are still too early for Linden. If synergies aren't a huge focus for you, you should get the cheaper guys. One guy isn't going to make or break a TEAM. for the price of Linden, you could get Bucyk and 2-3 solid 88's

I literally need 2 Golds, 2 Carbons. That's it. I feel like I went too far, not knowing exactly what I was doing, and now I have to finish this. Problem is...what I need 22 more Golds, right? LOL
    I loved Linden as a player, the only Canuck I respected in all those battles with my Avs. I planned on putting him straight to the block and not using him. I wasn't wanting to use him on my team, however reading some of the above posts has me thinking now, LOL.

22 Gold on the low end is what....120k? So...does this mean that if I do get Linden, then sell him and go after Bucyk, the return on investment is cut in half? The obvious goal here was to improve my team, mostly with former Avs Legends (or players who played for them).

Appreciate the snot out of all the points of view! Thanks!

Ya but at this point it's not like your progress to Linden will be deleted
    I've made quite a bit of money off of Hero cards and you will soon see how much faster money starts coming.
    If you have patience and learn the art of the AH, you can have your whole desired team in no time!