EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

most frustrating NHL game to date?

I find this years game is the most frustrating game to date, even when i win games im beyond frustrated with how this game handles. Its really making me hate the NHL series more and more, this game is just not fun this year at all. I have played HUT like 95% of the time the last 2 years but this year i hardly want to play it due to the frustration the comes with it, ive gotten back into EASHL abit which isnt nearly as frustrating to play.

Is anyone else having these same thoughts about this years HUT game mode? Or is it just me

Replies

• Hut is the most frustrating mode I believe as well. Followed by Eashl. Vs plays the best however it's my least played mode.
  • Scott, I understand where your coming from as well. For me its the issue where players seem to be able to alter the connection after the 19th minute mark so that the gameplay is ultra slow, and im use to nhl 15. Then nhl 16's gameplay was a little slower and where this problem started for me, it's when the gameplay speed slows down it's hard to judge the speed of players especially higher rated players. In turn the have an advantage! Kind of like when the ref's don't make a tripping call and it alters the momentum of the game..........
  • scottiesk wrote: »
    I find this years game is the most frustrating game to date, even when i win games im beyond frustrated with how this game handles. Its really making me hate the NHL series more and more, this game is just not fun this year at all. I have played HUT like 95% of the time the last 2 years but this year i hardly want to play it due to the frustration the comes with it, ive gotten back into EASHL abit which isnt nearly as frustrating to play.

Is anyone else having these same thoughts about this years HUT game mode? Or is it just me

Too many variables in the game now, you have to learn how to play the game the way it was programed.

You don't have full control like the good old days, it's like going to college and taking a course and finally passing the course.

You now have a chance at playing the game their way in that controlled environment!

But hang in there I finally am getting used to it!

Still is very frustrating as hell!!!

I hear ya man...
  • incrediBo514
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    This game and its gameplay is ridiculously bad. I never know which "type" of gameplay I will have to deal with from one match to the next. Will it be the game where its like Skating in Mud with little to zero control of my players? Will it be the game where none of my players are in position properly despite (me) having 12 Synergies activated (CG, 1T & TW included)? Will it be the game where my players skate past a dead puck instead of grabbing it? The list can go on and on. EA really pooped a big one on us this year. There is absolutely no change to the AI logic and the programming is just as bad as NHL 14, 15 & 16. And yet, I still came back this year. Disappointed yet once again. Shame on me tho...for bothering (again) this year.
    Post edited by incrediBo514 on
  • This I agree with. I have been so frustrated the past week with this game. It needs an update and a lot of hope.
  • it would be nice if hitting was better in HUT - the player bubbles remove all purpose behind bodychecking
  • it would be nice if hitting was better in HUT - the player bubbles remove all purpose behind bodychecking

Ya I'm glad that that bubble doesn't happen all the time, It is quite frustrating, I'm glad that other people see it to. Just not me
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • yea i didn't really get into the NHL series until 15... and i only played HUT for the first time in 16... so to me the game has definitely gotten better from 15 to 17... the HUT glitches are without a doubt the most annoying thing, because i feel like its out of laziness? certain things should just not even be a problem
  • im sure glad im not the only 1 who feels this frustration with this game. I was so excited for the hockey heros in HUT this year as i actually really enjoyed the gameplay in HUT with NHL16.... Im a true believer that making a video game too realistic actually ruins the experience not making it better. In the end its still a video game and there has to be a fun factor to it even if it means some things being unrealistic
  • I sometimes get frustrated when I out play someone and lose but there have been times it's been the other way around. It's up and down. I mean even the mighty Habs had a 10 spot dropped on them in the nhl. But I will say that the stat problem is an issue. Not sure why that hasn't been fixed.
  • This game fires me up. Today went on a roll winning 7 in a row in div 1. Lost first game 4-1 to a guy I out shot 23 to 6...no joke. Second game, lost fairly.

But the last game really got me going. My team is mostly 88s or higher. Guy I was playing had a .500 winning percentage and he had one guy that was 88. Outplayed him again, but the connection turned to garbage after the first two minutes and my team fell asleep. Lost in a shootout.

The most frustrating part is that the outcome is rarely determined by your skill level. It's based on the connection and some **** programming.