EA Forums - Banner

My thoughts on NHL17

Hockeytown1926
76 posts Member
edited November 2016
Skating is horrible! It takes forever to get moving,change direction,turn around and the generally feel is atrocious

Passing is awful.Aim a pass and most of the time it wont go where you aimed it.Or a team mate wont be there to recieve it.

Goalies are bloody awful............they let in the weakest goals ever.They are sluggish and awkward looking.The only good thing about them are the shrug style saves (Even they are hit and miss)

The A.I=Still dumber than a light your fart competition.They have zero awareness around their own net,positioning on the break out,your team mates still skate at you for no reason when you're in clear space,defenceman still don't know where the forwards are.

Changing players.......Jeezus can it be any slower and usless? Dear EA when I switch player it should instant and to the player in the best position to help me.

Commentary seems to have been taking down a notch again in terms of excitement...........Doc still acts nothing like real life........especially in key moments.

Playing the A.I offline,I've been saying it for last 3 years that the A.I uses a different skating engine to the player.It seems more evident in this game.They can go from 0 too 100 in no time at all,they can turn quicker and pivot quicker (no stuck in cement for the A.I)

Like the last few years NHL is just not fun too play.The game feels clunky as hell.Again it's an effort to play it for more than an hour for me :( The net battles are hit and miss,no players feel different to each other,again speed stats mean diddly squat.I feel like giving up with the NHL franchise.

Replies

• Then go play NHL 10, those were the glory days.
  • I disagree. Skating and passing is the best it's ever been.
  • DominateNHL
    60 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    You're 100% correct in all your points. This game is hot garbage and one of the worst in the series. It's getting worse by the year now.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I disagree. Skating and passing is the best it's ever been.

There are at least 1-2 passes every game where the puck doesn't go where I intended it to go and literally say what the fun.

There are at least 1-2 passes every game where the puck doesn't go where I intended it to go and literally say what the fun.

I hosestly don't have that issue. I guess it depends on slider setup.

• Was on the powerplay, had two point high percentage slot chances, both blocked by my own teammates. Thats all you need to know.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I disagree. Skating and passing is the best it's ever been.

I play Superstar Full Sim default sliders. Besides those ocassions I will agree that passing is more responsive, especially manual lead passes and bank passes.
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • barrett098
    428 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Skating is only horrible without the puck, with the puck you can be a ballerina fairy and figure skate all game long. For passing put auto pass assist slider to 75/100 and thank me later.
  • I think NHL 17 is great.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Delete.
  • Delete.

Broken Matt Hardy is that you?

I play Superstar Full Sim default sliders. Besides those ocassions I will agree that passing is more responsive, especially manual lead passes and bank passes.

I'm currently playing on pro, full sim, custom sliders. I find the passing works great. The game is great offline. No major complaints from me. I don't play online gaming as it is not enjoyable for me. Way too aggressive. Not how the game of hockey is played at all. Online gaming sucks IMO.