EA Forums - Banner

Broken Features Series: Board Play vs. Vacuum Play

Issue: Activating Board Play with AI controls literally grabs puck carrier and pulls them to the boards.

This has happened to all of us. You have control of the puck and go near the boards with momentum and skating only to have the defender suck you in like a vacuum cleaner to the boards. This feature is broken and needs to be tweaked.

Watch real hockey, players who tie up skaters along the boards do so because they are fighting for the puck. NOT when they already have control of the puck!! The feature should only be activated when skaters are fighting for loose pucks along the board.

Replies

• No. It is the only way to bring a puck carrier to the boards. They can deke spam all over the ice, now you want them to just whizz by the boards just because they have the puck??
  • When does a defender ever grab a puck carrier to the boards? Board play should only come into play when a skater is facing the boards battling for the puck. I've gone back to retrieve a puck, my momentum starts to move and defender comes in and grabs me into the boards, this is crazy.
  • When does a defender ever grab a puck carrier to the boards? Board play should only come into play when a skater is facing the boards battling for the puck. I've gone back to retrieve a puck, my momentum starts to move and defender comes in and grabs me into the boards, this is crazy.

I am not saying it works perfectly, but there is no other way to carry a player to the boards, therefore, it has to remain until they implement another way to do it.