EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Faceoff Jumping in Online Play

2Next

Replies

• Dixonyu wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    Ai need to better logic off the face off ...

Backhand stick lift should beat tie up to balance face offs ...

Forehand straight back beats tie ups.

Yes it does, but is beat by both stick lifts and is the only face off that beats the tie up... If back hand stick lift beat tie up , it would balance out the faceoffs... It would complete the rock paper scissors effect . Currently tie up wins vs fore hand and backhand stick lift, and back hand drawback, every other faceoffs only beats two other types. Tie up completely dominates backhand faceoffs which is completely unbalanced ... back hand stick lift only beats forehand drawback, if it could beat the tie up, again it would balance face offs and make the rock paper scissors effect balanced ...

If ea had a clue what was going on when they finally balanced eashl face off ratings ( which was just a complete bonehead move not to do that in the first place when their goal was to balance classes in the first place, really stupid when you think of it they promised balanced gameplay but don't even have the intelligence to execute it lol ) they would've balanced face offs themselves, but years later they are still stupid ... Like not forcing timeout with the one and only pause you get , it's just common sense. ... Part of balancing face offs is the whole shebang , not just one little aspect ..

I think faceoffs are fairly balanced as is, I use forehand grip when I tie up and don't usually get beat by any stick lift wins, but I also use backhand grip to tie up every 3rd time just so I don't telegraph the tie up, like I said, if both centers are equally talented, almost every faceoff turns into tie ups, with the odd clean win thrown in every once in a while. But if someone is doing nothing but tie ups, it's easy to counter.

It's like you said with scissors rock paper, you just have get in the groove and anticipate their next move, once you're in their head and have them trying to defend against your counters instead of trying to counter you it usually takes until the start of the next period before they start winning consistantly again.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »

Yes it does, but is beat by both stick lifts and is the only face off that beats the tie up... If back hand stick lift beat tie up , it would balance out the faceoffs... It would complete the rock paper scissors effect . Currently tie up wins vs fore hand and backhand stick lift, and back hand drawback, every other faceoffs only beats two other types. Tie up completely dominates backhand faceoffs which is completely unbalanced ... back hand stick lift only beats forehand drawback, if it could beat the tie up, again it would balance face offs and make the rock paper scissors effect balanced ...

If ea had a clue what was going on when they finally balanced eashl face off ratings ( which was just a complete bonehead move not to do that in the first place when their goal was to balance classes in the first place, really stupid when you think of it they promised balanced gameplay but don't even have the intelligence to execute it lol ) they would've balanced face offs themselves, but years later they are still stupid ... Like not forcing timeout with the one and only pause you get , it's just common sense. ... Part of balancing face offs is the whole shebang , not just one little aspect ..

I think faceoffs are fairly balanced as is, I use forehand grip when I tie up and don't usually get beat by any stick lift wins, but I also use backhand grip to tie up every 3rd time just so I don't telegraph the tie up, like I said, if both centers are equally talented, almost every faceoff turns into tie ups, with the odd clean win thrown in every once in a while. But if someone is doing nothing but tie ups, it's easy to counter.

It's like you said with scissors rock paper, you just have get in the groove and anticipate their next move, once you're in their head and have them trying to defend against your counters instead of trying to counter you it usually takes until the start of the next period before they start winning consistantly again.

Yes but tie up beating 3 faceoffs , and backhand stick lift only cleanly winning one, the rock paper scissors effect isn't balanced ... Taking back hand stick lift and giving it the ability to beat tie up balances this effect.
  • Dixonyu wrote: »

Yes but tie up beating 3 faceoffs , and backhand stick lift only cleanly winning one, the rock paper scissors effect isn't balanced ... Taking back hand stick lift and giving it the ability to beat tie up balances this effect.

Back hand straight back beats everything besides the tie up though... switching backhand stick lift to beat tie ups would make forehand stance useless. So it wouldn't balance faceoffs, it would just make backhand stance more powerful than it already is, as it already is the most used.

There is already a counter for tie ups, not sure why you need two...
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »

Back hand straight back beats everything besides the tie up though... switching backhand stick lift to beat tie ups would make forehand stance useless. So it wouldn't balance faceoffs, it would just make backhand stance more powerful than it already is, as it already is the most used.

There is already a counter for tie ups, not sure why you need two...

No that's latency that makes it seem that way ... Best connection Trump's all