EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Will player stat tracking ever start to work properly?

I know that main focus when developing NHL games is on releasing new promo packs every day and making 100 overall special card for Sean Avery(we all want that), but I just would like to know which year I can check my HUT players stats without having to see that half of the points they have gotten haven't registered. Also cases when some players stats were erased completely with no reason.

This problem was present in NHL15 and 16. In both cases I complained about in in EA forums, several other players also had the problem. It's still here with 17, any schedule when it could be fixed? Months? Years?

It's just so annoying that a problem like this, which shouldn't be impossibly hard to fix, is in the game for year after year.

Replies

• I've been hoping for an Avery tribute set forever, can't believe you thought of it too. Seriously, stat keeping and the database for this game are like 20 years behind where it should be. Stats should be really deep in this game, as deep as NHL.com will take them - for every player in the game.
    You can say the coins in HUT aren't real money and the players in the game aren't real players - but they are. We all have a professional virtual hockey team and a budget without a league salary cap. If a dream game maker made this game there would be web-based portals for each user and the community, etc.
    Build, Trade, Compete - two thirds of this game should be massively improved.

Woah dude, you are getting way too ambitious. We be lucky if they manage to fix assist and goal tracking in this decade. Maybe after several years it could be possible to collect stats like shooting% or FO% in NHL games...maybe even something like corsi...one can only dream.
  • As a stats person, it is very disappointing that they can't even get the most basic things right. And even if it were working they can't even give us the same stats they track in VS. That's something that I never understood.
  • I have been praying each night for a Jeff Finger Draft Champions 99 OVR card for months - I have 200 dc cards waiting for it to happen.... Either that or just make it so my Olaf Kolzig doesn't have -64 (yes its a minus) losses on his record in spite of my team record only showing 24 losses total for the year.
  • People keep lining EA's pockets week after week so why fix it if it isn't broken? Even though it's obviously broken.
  • People keep lining EA's pockets week after week so why fix it if it isn't broken? Even though it's obviously broken.

That. That is true. For all we want, it will not happen if they buy packs.
  • I am not a EA basher like some. I love this game. However I am shocked they haven't fixed this yet.
  • I am not a EA basher like some. I love this game. However I am shocked they haven't fixed this yet.

Really? Like people have said...as long as the game is making money they dont care. The game worked great for stat tracking when we had .79 jumbo promos back in the day....yet in an era of $30 packs they no longer have the funds to produce a game that works......suuuuuure ;)
  • It's all in your head, skippy

Booyah
  • And what about team stats? Non existent.