EA Forums - Banner

EA Dev, TPS needs to be better or else this game will never reach potential

Replies

• IceLion68 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    How have you not been banned? You just troll and post useless garbage...Mods, Hello? We ban people because of HUT, but not for thread derailing and trolling? Good to know. Keep up the good work!

How on earth can you think that post is grounds for banning LOL. Youre trippin dude. Also, even if he was derailing/trolling (which he most certainly isnt), if you started banning people for that there would be no one left here.

Oh dear... I see you're not at all familiar with Joey. I don't agree with SaveUs2k on anything, but in this case he may have a point...
  • Workin_OT
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Go into "free skate" mode.
    Leave the puck behind your net (bottom of the screen)
    Go stand in the slot area in front of that net.

Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

It's not possible!

In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

That is a huge problem with TPS and a clear example why it is broken.

You're late to the party bud. But yes, this is the biggest problem with TPS.

99qPnG5.gif
    qQs1GGV.gif
    t9YNnx7.gif
    fzcGRVj.gif
    O8qBQUK.gif
    YppS8CO.gif

Some of these examples I am tapping LT on/off wishing for a mohawk maneuver to be built into the engine, which in theory would solve this issue of not being able to face a direction (ie the puck) and be able to skate laterally at the same time.
  • Some of the spinsies can definitely be avoided because I was tapping LT on/off, but the result still wouldn't be what we want. It would be skating backwards where what we want is lateral movement while being able to face the puck.

• Workin_OT wrote: »
    Some of the spinsies can definitely be avoided because I was tapping LT on/off, but the result still wouldn't be what we want. It would be skating backwards where what we want is lateral movement while being able to face the puck.

yep, agreed.
  • Go into "free skate" mode.

Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

It's not possible!

In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

That's what precision skating does. Go play blades of steel. You have no idea how to play this game.
  • Workin_OT
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    eric57664 wrote: »

It's not possible!

That's what precision skating does. Go play blades of steel. You have no idea how to play this game.

This isn't a new revelation, eh bud? Precision skating just isn't good enough. :s
  • eric57664 wrote: »

It's not possible!

Show a video of you doing so then. If you can't then that just proves it.

I can and do it all the time. Doesn't matter what ANYONE shows you. You're still going to deny it. You're still going to not listen. You're still going to suck. And you're still going to complain.

So what's the point?

Seriously, go play blades of steel. Your skill level is just about there.
  • can you use "precision skating" without the puck in 17
  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    can you use "precision skating" without the puck in 17

You can use it without the puck.

You kind of can. Holding L2/LT and "flicking" the left stick from a standstill will make you take little strides/steps in that direction. I don't find it useful, maybe there's more to it.

You kind of can. Holding L2/LT and "flicking" the left stick from a standstill will make you take little strides/steps in that direction. I don't find it useful, maybe there's more to it.

You have it right, there isn't more to it. 1 flick will give you a little side step, 2 flicks will give you a couple strides over.

The idea behind it is good it's just not useful enough. This game is too fast for having to come to a complete stop and then start flicking the stick. It needs to be able to be used smoothly without having to tap and be able to transition into while on the move if you are under a speed threshold.
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    can you use "precision skating" without the puck in 17

You have it right, there isn't more to it. 1 flick will give you a little side step, 2 flicks will give you a couple strides over.

The idea behind it is good it's just not useful enough. This game is too fast for having to come to a complete stop and then start flicking the stick. It needs to be able to be used smoothly without having to tap and be able to transition into while on the move if you are under a speed threshold.

Right yeah that is what I use / do.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.