EA Forums - Banner

EA Dev, TPS needs to be better or else this game will never reach potential

Replies

• sgiz1 wrote: »
    Lets get this topic back on track please.

This is about how bad TPS is, and what EA can do to make it more responsive....

No, the topic is about how to make improvements to the TPS system so that everyone's happy with it.

"How bad TPS is" is simply your opinion. Let's not derail the topic to fit your agenda, please.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »

No, the topic is about how to make improvements to the TPS system so that everyone's happy with it.

"How bad TPS is" is simply your opinion. Let's not derail the topic to fit your agenda, please.

Actually, the topic is TPS needs to be better or else this game will never reach potential.

That being the case, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion that TPS is as bad as he thinks it is. Doesn't mean he is right nor wrong, but it is his belief.

So with the title saying it needs to be better, he is in fact, on topic.

Actually, the topic is TPS needs to be better or else this game will never reach potential.

That being the case, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion that TPS is as bad as he thinks it is. Doesn't mean he is right nor wrong, but it is his belief.

Something good can be made better. Sgiz is stating the system is just simply bad and he wants floating skating again (if you managed to follow his opinion over the years). Being on topic would be offering suggestions on how to improve the system. Not incessantly complain that you don't like it because it's "bad".

One way to improve it, would be easy. Remove tapping LT/L1 to do a spinnorama. Make that **** manual again. Let LT be for precision control for facing the puck. Tapping should be for fine adjustments, not newbifying moves for people who apparently can't do a semi circle on their joystick.
  • lol to the post above, try that in this game from a standstill and your guy will hockey stop 10 feet in either direction.
  • lol to the post above, try that in this game from a standstill and your guy will hockey stop 10 feet in either direction.

What's a "hockey stop"?

Can we perform these simple lateral crossovers in a game? No.

Should we be able to? Yes.

Why can't we then?

Is that where you try to change your players direction slightly and the game forces you into a long drawn-out animated side-skid to a stop before you are allowed to do anything else?

Something good can be made better. Sgiz is stating the system is just simply bad and he wants floating skating again (if you managed to follow his opinion over the years). Being on topic would be offering suggestions on how to improve the system. Not incessantly complain that you don't like it because it's "bad".

One way to improve it, would be easy. Remove tapping LT/L1 to do a spinnorama. Make that **** manual again. Let LT be for precision control for facing the puck. Tapping should be for fine adjustments, not newbifying moves for people who apparently can't do a semi circle on their joystick.

Thank you.
  • I think I hate starting and stopping the most out of this engine... When you hit the opposite direction you are skating sometimes they stop , which it should, but sometimes your guy turns ... The when you whip the thumbstick around mocking a turn , again sometimes it turns , which it always should , sometimes it stops. Then the direction you turn is always random ...

And on starts , you have no speed sometimea your guy turns and book it right away, sometimes he turns step by step then goes instead of just launching like he should , everytime ...

• Workin_OT wrote: »
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Calling it now, in 2 more years the ice rink won't be wide enough for our players to turn around on, we will have to do a 3 point turn whenever we want to change what end of the ice we are skating towards. At least they broke vision control to allow us to skate in reverse when we end up having to do those 3 point turns, ea was thinking ahead

Let's be real here, It isn't getting worse..

They've tried to address it the last couple years and haven't succeeded but it has been an improvement, a slight one but an improvement nonetheless.

So in other words it is better than it was, eh bud? o:)

It's way worse than before the patch, bud. Unplayable for human goalies, bud. Eh, bud?
    The patch didn't change anything to do with TPS, eh bud? Better luck next time. ;)
    Workin_OT wrote: »
    Calling it now, in 2 more years the ice rink won't be wide enough for our players to turn around on, we will have to do a 3 point turn whenever we want to change what end of the ice we are skating towards. At least they broke vision control to allow us to skate in reverse when we end up having to do those 3 point turns, ea was thinking ahead

They've tried to address it the last couple years and haven't succeeded but it has been an improvement, a slight one but an improvement nonetheless.

It's way worse than before the patch, bud. Unplayable for human goalies, bud. Eh, bud?
    The patch didn't change anything to do with TPS, eh bud? Better luck next time. ;)

If you READ his name and comment, you will see that he is talking about goalies being worse after the patch, which the patch did make changes to, eh bud? Better bud luck next bud time bud, eh bud bud?

If you READ his name and comment, you will see that he is talking about goalies being worse after the patch, which the patch did make changes to, eh bud? Better bud luck next bud time bud, eh bud bud?

This is the TPS thread.. My original comment, that bud here quoted, was pertaining to TPS and nothing else..

I know you're a franco, but according to the english language, the way he worded his statement it would be referring to what I was talking about which was TPS.

I understand what he actually means, eh bud? Don't be a dummy like him. ;)

This is the TPS thread.. My original comment, that bud here quoted, was pertaining to TPS and nothing else..

I know you're a franco, but according to the english language, the way he worded his statement it would be referring to what I was talking about which was TPS.

So there ya go. Problem detected. You ASSume no one ever goes off topic (which quite frankly has never been seen before on these forums) which is a dumb thing to do. You then go even further in your ASSumptions to say he is referring to your comment about TPS.

You then take it to full reeeetard in ASSuming that you understand what he actually means, when in fact, you simply do not understand.

Please, continue to be the dummy you are, except for your comments about how TPS FEELS. That is good stuff.

Atta bud eh, bud of my buds?

So there ya go. Problem detected. You ASSume no one ever goes off topic (which quite frankly has never been seen before on these forums) which is a dumb thing to do. You then go even further in your ASSumptions to say he is referring to your comment about TPS.

You then take it to full reeeetard in ASSuming that you understand what he actually means, when in fact, you simply do not understand.

Please, continue to be the dummy you are, except for your comments about how TPS FEELS. That is good stuff.

Ya bud.

No assumptions on my part. I was simply making fun of him for his poor use and comprehension of english.

Don't know why you'd care so much anyway.. Another alt or what, eh bud? ;)

Ya bud.

No assumptions on my part. I was simply making fun of him for his poor use and comprehension of english.

Don't know why you'd care so much anyway.. Another alt or what, eh bud? ;)

And there you have it. Hope you had fun, eh bud? Go back under that bud rock of yours, eh bud? :pensive:
  • did the skating get even worse? feels like it.

these rando spins are out of bleeping control at the moment. looks so cheesy when when your guy looks like he's sitting on a swivel stick.
  • TPS is perfect. I've had no issues with the skating, ever. It seems like a lot of people on here didn't play real hockey...

When you're skating at full speed, you can't turn on a dime in real life depending on your skates. If you have the typical flat bottom to the blade, you won't get much turn. If you have the blades that are more curved, you can turn much sharper. This is one thing the NHL series should bring back. But ultimately, if you're at top end speed on 17, you can't turn well if you're STILL holding in the hustle button. If you LET OFF, and then turn, you turn much sharper. I also like the seemingly zero degree turns you can do at gliding, slow speeds. The back skating could use a little fine tuning, but overall I feel like the skating is identical to real life.

The issue with your player skating in circles around the puck and not picking it up isn't a skating issue either, it's a puck pickup issue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.