EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

McDavid/Matthews/Ekblad deal

Is it me or if you got around 420k pucks (or more) and you don't do it you are an idiot?

Sounds like too good to be true.

Replies

  • I'm going to do it if I can't trade for MOV Tarasenko tonight
  • Well if you do it smart and you sell everything right away you will make some profit out of it.
  • MCMZ
    37 posts Member
    I think the jury is still out on the value of this package deal. I have a feeling that the market is going to be so saturated with these cards that will not gain the value most people would expect them to. I noticed that McDad's value hadn't increased at all after getting promoted to a 91OVR this week. He was selling for around 350k when I got the pack and he was selling for the same yesterday.

    I expect we will all turn a profit from the purchase, but I don't think it will be quite as high of an ROI as expected.
    Miss putting my HUT team here....
  • As as he doesn't get injured it's fine...

    But I sold Matthews and Ekblad right away.
  • I got the pack for about 200k so it was a no brainer for me.

    What does Matthew's sell for? Not sure if I want to keep him or not.
  • Shlog61 wrote: »
    I got the pack for about 200k so it was a no brainer for me.

    What does Matthew's sell for? Not sure if I want to keep him or not.

    I've seen him going for 130-150k on ps4
  • MCMZ wrote: »
    I think the jury is still out on the value of this package deal. I have a feeling that the market is going to be so saturated with these cards that will not gain the value most people would expect them to. I noticed that McDad's value hadn't increased at all after getting promoted to a 91OVR this week. He was selling for around 350k when I got the pack and he was selling for the same yesterday.

    I expect we will all turn a profit from the purchase, but I don't think it will be quite as high of an ROI as expected.

    Your right look at the faceoff milestones. I couldn't sell them above 120k
  • casgun22 wrote: »
    MCMZ wrote: »
    I think the jury is still out on the value of this package deal. I have a feeling that the market is going to be so saturated with these cards that will not gain the value most people would expect them to. I noticed that McDad's value hadn't increased at all after getting promoted to a 91OVR this week. He was selling for around 350k when I got the pack and he was selling for the same yesterday.

    I expect we will all turn a profit from the purchase, but I don't think it will be quite as high of an ROI as expected.

    Your right look at the faceoff milestones. I couldn't sell them above 120k

    That's like comparing apples and squirrels. There were 30+ cards better than the FO MS's the day they were released. You're VERY lucky you got that for them. MOV value is all about potential. Look at the arc of last year's McDavid if you need a lesson.
  • Availability my friend
  • FO milestones were relatively cheap tho, MOV Parayko is more expensive to do but the 3 players deal is a must imo.
  • I couldn't afford to make the set because most of my coins were stuck in players. So I just bought MOV Connor for 300k, and I am happy with it. If he continues his pace, 95+ TOTY is pretty much guaranteed. Also, Ekblad MOV for 40k is also a pretty safe investment.

    Jealous to those who already had the carbons needed, and only needed to buy those MOV collectibles when their price was like 10k a piece. Then of course it was an amazing deal.
  • The annoying thing is that you need to have the coins to be able to complete them, sell them, and make the coins.. these programs only allow the rich to get richer.
  • Shawn96
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I sold Redden, Bucyk and Milestone Modano for that deal, sold Matthews and Ekblad right away for 150k. It pretty much comeback as Redden+Bucyk for MOV McDavid, good deal.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!