EA Forums - Banner

i don't even know what to say. here's a vid- 5 on 2 penalty kill?

also, starts with an obvious goalie interference goal.

Replies

• EA Sports. It's in the game.
  • And yet another broken feature, or two. Ta-Da!!

• also, starts with an obvious goalie interference goal.

This year's game is just laughable -- every single game you play is riddled with nonsense. Just have a player graze the goalie three seconds before you score on a slapshot, and the goal will get waved off. But slam into the goalie and keep him out of the play? That's a good goal. Especially on breakaways. If you smash into a goalie on a breakaway and a teammate picks up the rebound and scores, excellent chance that goal will count:

So absurd. Although not quite as absurd as having only 2 penalty killers out there.

• KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    So absurd. Although not quite as absurd as having only 2 penalty killers out there.

That goal stinks. I can't seem to find any explanation as to why that was allowed, other than maybe the time between the hit and when the goalie is re positioned elapsed just enough to negate the interference review? It happens very quick (even when slowed down) so I'm not sure that's the answer though.

I don't think that can be the answer. It was a bang-bang play, and more important, you'll often see goals from the point or the high slot waved off if the goalie was bumped a few seconds before the shot, even when he had a lot more time to reposition himself than Hextall did here.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the fact that Hull had the puck (or had just shot it) when he ran into the goalie, but I don't have any real evidence for that. Either way, calls like this are just ridiculous.
  • Terrible. I'd be embarrassed to say I worked on this if I was developer.
  • This is the one aspect that EA needs to address with goalie interference. Wanna score in HUT/vs, get Rick NASH or Kreider and collpase the net..........GOAL
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • I bet I know what happened. Sounds like it was reviewed for a kick, which for some stupid reason over-ruled a review for goalie interference. The game only checks for one issue, so once the game decided to check to see if it was kicked, goalie interference was off the table. It was deemed the puck wasn't kicked, so it counted.

Similar things happen in madden, or used to, I haven't bought madden in years. You would want to review for a fumble, but instead could only check to see if somebody was out of bounds or something. This is why I hate the fake review scenarios. Just waive it off or count it.
  • I bet I know what happened. Sounds like it was reviewed for a kick, which for some stupid reason over-ruled a review for goalie interference. The game only checks for one issue, so once the game decided to check to see if it was kicked, goalie interference was off the table. It was deemed the puck wasn't kicked, so it counted.

Similar things happen in madden, or used to, I haven't bought madden in years. You would want to review for a fumble, but instead could only check to see if somebody was out of bounds or something. This is why I hate the fake review scenarios. Just waive it off or count it.

I think this is right for the clip in OP's post, dumb as it is. Obviously doesn't explain why, in the clip I posted, Hull was able to just ram into the goalie and clear him out of the way and still have the goal count

• Here's another one. Kessel collides with Hextall as he's trying to pick up a loose puck, making it impossible for Hextall to corral it, and eventually Kessel knocks it in:

It almost seems that if you bump the goalie before a shot and the shot goes in, the goal automatically gets waved off. But if you bump the goalie after a shot, he's free game.
  • Speechless
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.