EA Forums - Banner

Is this NHL series on the verge of dying?

Prev13456
26 players online in shootout mode, and only 400 in versus. Does that sound incredibly low or is it just me? I literally can't find any opponents to play and I'm wondering if this is the reason

Replies

• There used to be 1500+ on at any given time before TPS came along for what it's worth.

I mean.. 400 people? There's almost triple that in the 8-ball app on my cell phone right now.
  • When my club play at night with 4 - 5 players it takes so long to find a game. We spend most of the night in the dressing room so no it's not because it's early on a Wednesday. The game is simply unenjoyable for any lengthy amount of time. It's only manageable in small doses now.
  • When my club play at night with 4 - 5 players it takes so long to find a game. We spend most of the night in the dressing room so no it's not because it's early on a Wednesday. The game is simply unenjoyable for any lengthy amount of time. It's only manageable in small doses now.

Nah - they are "all" playing LG.............................
  • If EA gave a crap, the NHL series could be the best games on the planet

but sadly they dont care
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    When my club play at night with 4 - 5 players it takes so long to find a game. We spend most of the night in the dressing room so no it's not because it's early on a Wednesday. The game is simply unenjoyable for any lengthy amount of time. It's only manageable in small doses now.

Nah - they are "all" playing LG.............................

Lol, I'm sorry you can't read so you end up confusing yourself. Never once said that. So much NaCl lol...

Oh come on now.
  • I thought it was only me . A good night in shootouts is 80 people on. And even then it takes forever to get a game. Trust me I play alot
  • I only had the game for a week and I'm trading it in. It's terrible and a boring game to play.
  • Something tells me the OP is using an xbox...Try it on a ps4, I see roughly a 1000 each night in versus...
  • This is not surprising. I was a hardcore HUT versus player. This is truly the first year I've avoided online play. The amount of ridiculous goals, stacked teams, same glitch garbage, and overall broken features has completely turned me off to online play. I'm more happy playing offline, and this is NOT a compliment, but a sad commentary to this poor excuse of hockey game.
  • Most nights you get between 13-15k, that hasnt changed in 2 years (XBOX)
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Most nights you get between 13-15k, that hasnt changed in 2 years (XBOX)

When I'm on from 11 pm - 1 am I see roughly 750-850 in online vs. I don't check HUT but in either OVP or HUT I never have much of an issue finding a game so it makes no difference to me. EASHL on the other hand, completely different story. For every game that is played, just as much time or more is spent in the DR, it's brutal.
  • Animal1138 wrote: »
    If EA gave a ****, the NHL series could be the best games on the planet

but sadly they dont care

LOL. Right. They dont care. (shakes head)
  • COGSx86
    785 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »

When I'm on from 11 pm - 1 am I see roughly 750-850 in online vs. I don't check HUT but in either OVP or HUT I never have much of an issue finding a game so it makes no difference to me. EASHL on the other hand, completely different story. For every game that is played, just as much time or more is spent in the DR, it's brutal.

True for EASHL buts it's been like this for years. I think it has something to do with that competitive rating.

Because previously, club matchmaking was influenced by your own player vs ranking. That's been removed, with this club competitive rating this year. And let's be honest, most who come to the forums are at a higher percentile in the community. So it's gonna be tougher to find games! Less opponents at this level. And when everyone talks, on the forums about how hard it is to find a game, of course your all gonna agree with each other because your all higher level teams. Simple logic!

It's gonna result in it being tougher to find a game.

Just go look at the world table chart.

I have some friends I play with every once a while who are average and they find games no problem.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »

True for EASHL buts it's been like this for years. I think it has something to do with that competitive rating.

Because previously, club matchmaking was influenced by your own player vs ranking. That's been removed, with this club competitive rating this year. And let's be honest, most who come to the forums are at a higher percentile in the community. So it's gonna be tougher to find games! Less opponents at this level. And when everyone talks, on the forums about how hard it is to find a game, of course your all gonna agree with each other because your all higher level teams. Simple logic!

I have some friends I play with every once a while who are average and they find games no problem.

It should just be a case of 'you're in division 1, you face division 1' regardless of CR. If no teams match your room size or goalie it should go to div 2 and so on. CR shouldn't be used for matchmaking in my opinion but could be used to determine how many CR points you get at the end of a game. Like if you're facing a team with a higher average CR and you win, you should get more points than what you would against a team with lower CR. I just wish it didn't take so long to get a game going, it's draining.
  • COGSx86
    785 posts Member
    edited December 2016

It should just be a case of 'you're in division 1, you face division 1' regardless of CR. If no teams match your room size or goalie it should go to div 2 and so on. CR shouldn't be used for matchmaking in my opinion but could be used to determine how many CR points you get at the end of a game. Like if you're facing a team with a higher average CR and you win, you should get more points than what you would against a team with lower CR. I just wish it didn't take so long to get a game going, it's draining.

Well Im sure its not the only part, that the algo looks at, considering:

Division
    CR
    Goalie/No Goalie
  • Yea it's wierd boys. Sometimes I'll find guys no problem, and then other times like right now i can't find a game! I think EA seieosuly have to cut the price down to like 40$ next year because it's really not worth spending almost 100$ if nobody else even plays the game....I used to find games no problem in NHL, now I'm lucky if I get a game or two in throughout the whole day
  • SteelCitySnipr66
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    "Best game ea has made. Slapshots and d to d one timers, no deking, no skill, floating wristers and wrap arounds. Just 3rd line grinding because its totally real hockey!" You wanted it insignificant forum guys from 09-12... you got it! Now you and the 26 others that actually play this skill less game can play each other on rewind until your ideas make this series a $5 android and iphone app lol. You're headed there! NBA Live would sell more copies at this point. If 2k ever decided to get back into the game and implement skill stick, EA hockey would be buried.

I'm totally 100% not buying next years game. I'm like 75% not buying 19 at this point as well. I would buy a 2k nhl game on ps4 100% and i hated the old 2k games. Never missed a year of ea nhl though. This game and group of developers have just completely ruined it for me. From the best year 09-12 to some of the worst years 14-17