EA Forums - Banner

Is this NHL series on the verge of dying?

Replies

• It's hard to find matches in other game modes, but HUT and EASHL seem to be full still.

• Defensive Examples
    It's easier to have success defending the rush not backskating and staying square to the puck carrier, but instead skating next two, in front of (right in front of) the puck carrier, or even skating behind the puck carrier, in all situations with you facing your own net. There are less tripping penalties, it seems, better results from pucks or the stick hitting legs/skates, and more control/speed.

Things to change:
    There should never be tripping penalties when you are facing the puck carrier and backskating.

Defenders need a bigger window for pokechecks to be effective. By this, I mean I shouldn't miss a poke check if the puck is 3 inches in front of my stick. As it is now, the puck needs to be exactly like a 16 or so inches in front of me. If it's closer, your player just misses the puck completely.

I don't agree with this at all.I play D in EASHL and in online vs and have no issues effectively poke checking the puck carrier . I'm always in a squared up position too when I do it .

I'm not gonna call you a bad Dman becuase I haven't seen you play, but try managing your gap better , stay square, be patient and get your timing down better .

These are tips to be a consistent successful poke checker.

• Defensive Examples
    It's easier to have success defending the rush not backskating and staying square to the puck carrier, but instead skating next two, in front of (right in front of) the puck carrier, or even skating behind the puck carrier, in all situations with you facing your own net. There are less tripping penalties, it seems, better results from pucks or the stick hitting legs/skates, and more control/speed.

Things to change:
    There should never be tripping penalties when you are facing the puck carrier and backskating.

Defenders need a bigger window for pokechecks to be effective. By this, I mean I shouldn't miss a poke check if the puck is 3 inches in front of my stick. As it is now, the puck needs to be exactly like a 16 or so inches in front of me. If it's closer, your player just misses the puck completely.

I don't agree with this at all.I play D in EASHL and in online vs and have no issues effectively poke checking the puck carrier . I'm always in a squared up position too when I do it .

I'm not gonna call you a bad Dman becuase I haven't seen you play, but try managing your gap better , stay square, be patient and get your timing down better .

Yea all this is great and dandy when you have a good connection. Seth, does not. He is West Coast and has poor connection to the server.

• Defensive Examples

Things to change:

Yea all this is great and dandy when you have a good connection. Seth, does not. He is West Coast and has poor connection to the server.

Lol. I'm in southern cali bro...sooo

Pretty west coast too eh ?

• Defensive Examples

Things to change:

Lol. I'm in southern cali bro...sooo

Pretty west coast too eh ?

You failed to mention if you lag or not, bro.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »

Defensive Examples

Things to change:

Yep connection is WAY too much of a make or break it in this series especially with TPS now. With any form of delay and TPS simply positioning yourself and maintaining good gap control is near impossible on D. I hate having to adjust the way I play on a night to night basis depending on how my connection feels.

Yup, 100x more annoying when playing D.

• Defensive Examples

Things to change:

You literally started a thread today showing you completely missing a poke check, and not being squared up to the puck carrier at all. So how can you say you "have no issues effectively poke checking"?
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Bmh245 wrote: »

Defensive Examples

Things to change:

You literally started a thread today showing you completely missing a poke check, and not being squared up to the puck carrier at all. So how can you say you "have no issues effectively poke checking"?

Lol. Easy stud. You saw one example of a game I have delay in in a short 45 secone clip, and even still I managed to make stick on stick contact , and you're judging me off that?

How smart are we ?

And not squared up at all? Lol. Any person with sense can see after me repositioning myself I am squared up when I poke .

Have no idea how you say not squared up at all. Lol

Didn't realize Seth was your bf

Post edited by usaalltheway1 on
  • @Bmh245

If you're on Xbox, feel free to vs me in an online vs match and I would gladly show you how successful I routinely am. Don't worry about winning or losing, just focus on how easily and routinely I strip you of the puck , especially on the rush :)
  • @Bmh245 please stream it...
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    I play D in EASHL and in online vs and have no issues effectively poke checking the puck carrier . I'm always in a squared up position too when I do it .

Lol. Easy stud. You saw one example of a game I have delay in in a short 45 secone clip, and even still I managed to make stick on stick contact , and you're judging me off that?

How smart are we ?

And not squared up at all? Lol. Any person with sense can see after me repositioning myself I am squared up when I poke .

If you think having your left side facing the puck carrier is being squared up, I don't know what to tell you

And I'll just repeat myself. It's absurd to write one post saying you have no issues with poke checking while writing another post complaining about how unreliable poke checking is.
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I play D in EASHL and in online vs and have no issues effectively poke checking the puck carrier . I'm always in a squared up position too when I do it .

How smart are we ?

If you think having your left side facing the puck carrier is being squared up, I don't know what to tell you

And I'll just repeat myself. It's absurd to write one post saying you have no issues with poke checking while writing another post complaining about how unreliable poke checking is.

Bro. I'm really trying to help you out .

I said , " I am squared up when I poke "

Scroll up and read that comment . Then go into the video , pause it at the time I attempt my poke. I am squared .

After you have done that , comment your apology, or just don't comment and fade away hoping people didn't read your post
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Also @bmh

In my other thread you're referring to, I never complained how unreliable poke checking was . Have no idea why you're making me come off as a guy who's complaing like I have severe issues with the poke checking

IN FACT , in that very thread I applaud EA for having much better consistency when it's comes to that issue .

I am starting to view you as a very uncredable guy.

How smart are we ?

Scroll up and read that comment . Then go into the video , pause it at the time I attempt my poke. I am squared .

After you have done that , comment your apology, or just don't comment and fade away hoping people didn't read your post

Oh, now I see. Yeah. You're right. You're phenomenal at D. It was EA's fault you whiffed on that poke check. Seth has nothing to complain about.

How smart are we ?

Oh, now I see. Yeah. You're right. You're phenomenal at D. It was EA's fault you whiffed on that poke check. Seth has nothing to complain about.

Thank you
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Thank you

No problem, JoeVat Jr.
  • anyone who doesn't think this game is dying is either delusional or a troll.
  • anyone who doesn't think this game is dying is either delusional or a troll.

Anyone who thinks this game *is* dying is either delusional or a troll. See how that works? ;)
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.