EA Forums - Banner

Is this NHL series on the verge of dying?

Replies

• SiIkyJohnson
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    anyone who doesn't think this game is dying is either delusional or a troll.

Anyone who thinks this game *is* dying is either delusional or a troll. See how that works? ;)

Except based on sales and active players, he actually has facts to prove that it is in fact "dying". It's obviously nowhere near death right now lol, but it is losing its player base slowly

it's not even worth responding to these trolls. if i had to guess, i would say this is one of venom's usernames. time to start ignoring these morons...
    Post edited by SiIkyJohnson on
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »

Anyone who thinks this game *is* dying is either delusional or a troll. See how that works? ;)

Except based on sales and active players, he actually has facts to prove that it is in fact "dying". It's obviously nowhere near death right now lol, but it is losing its player base slowly
    Assisted_6 wrote: »

it's not even worth responding to these trolls. if i had to guess, i would say this is one of venom's usernames. time to start ignoring these morons...

No, I only have one account: you're confusing me for Joey. You think I need more than one voice to defeat your thought process? LOL! If you get that rattled when someone has a different view of the world than you do, I suggest you not post on these forums anymore.

In fact, don't even go outside of your room. Stay inside your little bubble where it's safe and warm.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    706qrVP.png

Let's steer this thread back on topic.

If this thread is in the same position as that train... You no longer need a steering wheel. You need a crane or a time machine to set things right.
  • This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game.

What? I thought we were moving in an ultra-competitive e-sport direction, hence the removal of player customization and progression. o:)

So yeah, can we have it one way or the other for consistency sake?
  • "This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game. "

True, in this game everybody and anybody can take 15 shots from the point and end up with 3 goals per game either clean, deflected, or rebounds. No skill, no down low cycle, only cycle to the point for shots from the outside, all game long, game after game after game. If you try to skate to open up space you will turn the puck over, if you try to get the puck deep and cycle down low you will turn the puck over, if you try to set up a back door play, you will turn the puck over or your cross crease pass will not get thru, or it gets thru and the goalie will make a highlight reel save. So... just get the puck to the point and take shots, oh and I forgot, cherry pick for stretch pass breakaways also...

This game is horrible, with no skating control you have very few options, thus anyone can win by just throwing pucks at net. Gone are the days of controlling a cycle down low and setting up back door plays. You are lucky to get one or two down low cycles and/or back door passes across a game, the rest of the time its a turnover trying these things, thus why most just shoot the puck from everywhere hoping to get lucky.
  • What this game needs most is proper freaking servers. It's actually MIND-BOGGLING how you can't even play it due to not finding opponent :/ not only is it a terrible game but nobody from the dev teams cares at all to fix this issue.....and please EA I don't want to hear "did you fix your ports/check your connection?". All that is good to go, like it's always been. If so many people are having this exact same issue, maybe it's your servers....I'm currently ranting because once again, I turn on my Xbox to play, and like so many times before, no opponents .
  • HabzSauce wrote: »
    What this game needs most is proper freaking servers. It's actually MIND-BOGGLING how you can't even play it due to not finding opponent :/ not only is it a terrible game but nobody from the dev teams cares at all to fix this issue.....and please EA I don't want to hear "did you fix your ports/check your connection?". All that is good to go, like it's always been. If so many people are having this exact same issue, maybe it's your servers....I'm currently ranting because once again, I turn on my Xbox to play, and like so many times before, no opponents .

Oh, I can find opponents, no problem. Just wish the game wouldnt' crash on loading so much. Ok kick me off the servers at random. Or half my team dipping after 1-2 goals. Or the pre-game lobby skipping out when they see four peeps under lvl 10 on their side vs a full line of Prestiges.

There isn't a shortage of players. There's a shortage of games actually playing out... :/
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    "This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game. "

True, in this game everybody and anybody can take 15 shots from the point and end up with 3 goals per game either clean, deflected, or rebounds. No skill, no down low cycle, only cycle to the point for shots from the outside, all game long, game after game after game. If you try to skate to open up space you will turn the puck over, if you try to get the puck deep and cycle down low you will turn the puck over, if you try to set up a back door play, you will turn the puck over or your cross crease pass will not get thru, or it gets thru and the goalie will make a highlight reel save. So... just get the puck to the point and take shots, oh and I forgot, cherry pick for stretch pass breakaways also...

This game is horrible, with no skating control you have very few options, thus anyone can win by just throwing pucks at net. Gone are the days of controlling a cycle down low and setting up back door plays. You are lucky to get one or two down low cycles and/or back door passes across a game, the rest of the time its a turnover trying these things, thus why most just shoot the puck from everywhere hoping to get lucky.

Money! You win sir! Been saying it for ages!
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »

Ya maybe... I am just growing a little tired of all the hyperbole around here, ya know?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    "This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game. "

I wish it weren't so but I have to agree with this. Cycling the puck is very difficult this year.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I wish it weren't so but I have to agree with this. Cycling the puck is very difficult this year.

Talking HUT / Vs?
    In 5v5 EASHL, the cycling is solid.
    As soon as you get 1 AI Dman, they read and cut off the cycle the instant the button is pressed, with their super human ai speed boost, and perfect puck pickups.

EASHL player

Talking HUT / Vs?
    As soon as you get 1 AI Dman, they read and cut off the cycle the instant the button is pressed, with their super human ai speed boost, and perfect puck pickups.

Thats the issue I guess. we play few club games where there isnt an AI Dman on the other team.

Talking HUT / Vs?

Thats the issue I guess. we play few club games where there isnt an AI Dman on the other team.

I must say - that is a pretty sweet Keytar.

You weren't in Tubeway Army were you?
  • I must say - that is a pretty sweet Keytar.

LOL! I'm old but I'm not THAT old... but thanks (I think?)
    I must say - that is a pretty sweet Keytar.

LOL! I'm old but I'm not THAT old... but thanks (I think?)

Tubeway Army was great man!

"Are Friends Electric" was fantastic.