EA Forums - Banner

Is this NHL series on the verge of dying?

12346Next

Replies

• IceLion68 wrote: »
    I must say - that is a pretty sweet Keytar.

You weren't in Tubeway Army were you?

LOL! I'm old but I'm not THAT old... but thanks (I think?)

Tubeway Army was great man!

"Are Friends Electric" was fantastic.
    Oh I am familiar: I *have* played "Cars" on that keytar :)
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    I must say - that is a pretty sweet Keytar.

You weren't in Tubeway Army were you?

LOL! I'm old but I'm not THAT old... but thanks (I think?)

Tubeway Army was great man!

"Are Friends Electric" was fantastic.
    Oh I am familiar: I *have* played "Cars" on that keytar :)

Ha! NICE!
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game.

What? I thought we were moving in an ultra-competitive e-sport direction, hence the removal of player customization and progression. o:)

So yeah, can we have it one way or the other for consistency sake?

Gosh dang LG! Making me lose with a pre-built rather than lose with a custom.

Those dang LGers!!! Dey Took OUr CUSTIMIZATION!! DuuRRkkADUrrrKKAA!!!

393e36fc05dd07fda9a820f92f21546d42d403b93339f1999f9c93531b08a681.jpg
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    anyone who doesn't think this game is dying is either delusional or a troll.

Anyone who thinks this game *is* dying is either delusional or a troll. See how that works? ;)

Except based on sales and active players, he actually has facts to prove that it is in fact "dying". It's obviously nowhere near death right now lol, but it is losing its player base slowly

Anyone who thinks this game *is* dying is either delusional or a troll. See how that works? ;)

Except based on sales and active players, he actually has facts to prove that it is in fact "dying". It's obviously nowhere near death right now lol, but it is losing its player base slowly

it's not even worth responding to these trolls. if i had to guess, i would say this is one of venom's usernames. time to start ignoring these morons...

No, I only have one account: you're confusing me for Joey. You think I need more than one voice to defeat your thought process? LOL! If you get that rattled when someone has a different view of the world than you do, I suggest you not post on these forums anymore.

In fact, don't even go outside of your room. Stay inside your little bubble where it's safe and warm.

This post is funny, because you literally devalue any opinion that doesn't match up with yours...lol

Yes Hilarious...

Here's another hilarious juxtaposition:
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    This game will carry the lesser skilled on its shoulders, if you can't see that then you must be playing a different game.

What? I thought we were moving in an ultra-competitive e-sport direction, hence the removal of player customization and progression. o:)

Pot... Kettle... Black... We now return you to our regularly scheduled doldrums...

it's not even worth responding to these trolls. if i had to guess, i would say this is one of venom's usernames. time to start ignoring these morons...

No, I only have one account: you're confusing me for Joey. You think I need more than one voice to defeat your thought process? LOL! If you get that rattled when someone has a different view of the world than you do, I suggest you not post on these forums anymore.

In fact, don't even go outside of your room. Stay inside your little bubble where it's safe and warm.

This post is funny, because you literally devalue any opinion that doesn't match up with yours...lol

Just like you did to my post? Hypocrite.
  • Just like you did to my post? Hypocrite.

Oh.... so this is, like, a trend with this guy?

53475531.jpg
  • IceLion68
    1054 posts Member
    edited December 2016

I think you are seeing something that isnt there... its ok to have a different viewpoint but you can't browbeat people into agreeing with you.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

Yes Hilarious...

Here's another hilarious juxtaposition:

Pot... Kettle... Black... We now return you to our regularly scheduled doldrums...

Again, your false blamming of LG "ruining customization" is just laughable. The arguement on the direction this game is headed actually has two-sides to the story, and both should be treated equally.

You're trying to argue that 2+2=407 and that just doesn't make sense. So yes, that idea should be devalued lol.

Yo are you drunk? Or are you responding to posts by closing your eyes and using the Force?
    The one about thinking unsccreened point shots should go in regularly? Yes, yes I did. Because statistics would show you that just above the top of the circle in an NHL game is barely a scoring chance. So, your little unscreened 1T's from the point should not be going in regularly. Sorry champ.

There's no real comparison between the type of point shots you see in this game and the kind you see in the real NHL. NHL teams, for whatever reason, rarely play defensemen on their off hands. So you see very few real one-timers from the point in 5v5 play in the NHL. In this game, people play defensemen on their off hands all the time. So goalies are facing many more hard shots by 90+ shooters from the point, shots that are set up by passes that require the goalie to move laterally, which is when goalies are most vulnerable. So it's not surprising that there are many more goals scored from the point in this game than IRL. That's exactly as it should be, given the prevalence of off-handed defensemen on the ice.

Now, you could say, well, it's unrealistic that people in this game play defensemen on their off hands. But there's no good reason not to play LH shooters at RD and vice versa -- the NHL's bias against it is a classic case of tradition and conservative thinking blocking a potentially useful innovation. It's supposed to be defensively safer to play RHs at RD, and LHs at LD, but no study has ever shown this to really be the case. And there's no question that playing defensemen on their off-hands boosts offensive production, which is why you see teams do more of it on the PP.
  • We live in an era of participation trophies. EA's NHL series is one upping that by actually allowing these rejects to steal wins and build a record as good as the truly skilled players. Gone are the days of skilled danglers and creative cycling. Instead the last few are built on bombs from the point, floating wristers, wraps and d to d one timers. It's the era of lesser thans. The ideology of real hockey in this forum is built by lesser thans. My idea of real hockey includes skill. My idea of a video includes skill. NHL 14-17 requires no such thing.

Lol, the skilled danglers weren't playing hockey. Creative cycling, bombs from the point, wraps, d to d 1 timers, are all "hockey ", so i don't have a clue **** you'res smoking.

Your glitches were taken out, and you just found out you're not that much better than the "lesser thans" at video hockey without your glitches and cheese non physics skating.

Ya the TPS needs a lot of work, and there's definitely some wonky physics needing fixed, but you honestly really sound like you just aren't able to adapt, and with no more super builds, and **** cheese, you lost your edge you relied on so much. End of story.

The concept of d to d one timers, point bombs etc etc are the idea of real hockey but overly done. Every play now is kick it back to the point for slapshots and d to d one timers. There is no working it low, no need to. It's mindless hockey that even the worst can play and succeed at. Every other d to d one time and slapshot goes in. I dont know what youre smoking but every game is not 6-5 and if it were it wouldnt be 9 out of those 11 were identical point goals. I said cycling is real and its something not many do properly this year.

I grew up watching the penguins then and now and dangling/skilled creativity is real to me. Much more real than punking it out to the point for mindless slapshots and d to d one timers. The efforts of making this game more realistic with your style has seriously taken away from all the skill. These shots go in more than golden scoring opportunities from a tic tac toe play in front of the goalie.

Thats **** and 10 out of 10 people in real life would prefer the chances in and around the net over the point shots. Yet you are rewarded more from point shots because they go in as much or more consistently than around the net. How many times do yo see a miraculous save on a pretty play around the net for a tap in vs a d to d one timer? Never happens on point shots bro only around the net. Goalies dont square up properly on shots from the point.

How should the guy who worked hard down low and beat your d fair and square be punished by a miraculous save or a missed net every other time? Yet you mindlessly smashed your L3 down the wing, then passed it to the point for a slapshot or a d to d one timer with the same or better result??? Why is everyone putting heatley, lafontaine, graves at LD and RD or weber and macinnis at LD? Weber and macinnis are RD men! Those who may have never seen or forgot about graves lafontaine and heatley... They are centers and wingers! That isnt real hockey! Its a bunch of scummy people exploiting a flaw! A horrible flaw because its so easy to do, requires no skill!

Problem with people complaining about danglers and offense down low with cross crease goals was poor d on their behalf. I had no problems shutting out top guys in 09-12. At the end of the day its a video game and they tried their best to put more point shots, deflections and d to d one timers in. Unfortunately they over did it by a mileee and the result is 5min TOT, 20 shots from the point, 6 goals to my 15 min TOT 15 shots and 4 goals. Ummm no.

Video games overall are supposed to take skill and usually the more skilled player wins. Not in nhl because they have dummied it down for lesser thans such as yourself. If i cannot control the outcome with my skill and the handicap exploits do, im not interested in your game. It's a fraud and that is what NHL has been the last few years. A fraud. Your style and skill less ideas support a franchise that is dying and hugely unpopular. Mine were of a time when it was sports game of the year and people who didnt even know hockey were playing because of how good it was. Enough said. Go d to d with the 30 other players that actually play this dying dumpster fire of a series lol. I cannot support this garbage anymore and more feel like me than you ;). Thanks for killing nhl.

Your mentality is wrong, your goals are cheese buddy mine are earned and pretty. Oh im 4/1 or 5/1 still in spite of this rubbish. With a few div 1 titles. So go ahead and support this flawed, clumsy, clunky, skill less game some more my delusional friend. I say make the goalies almost unbeatable at this point from the blue line and down low and lets see who wins more ;). Im all in favor of the goalies being almost impossible to beat from breakaways, slapshots, floating wristers and d to d one timers. 2 or 3 goal games baby im in!

I primarily play goalie in club. So literally everything you typed is not applicable to me.

Only thing i can agree with you on, is making goalies almost impossible to beat.

I also love how you assume i only score cheese or glitch goals, but all yours are earned, lol.

Oh well, can't force someone to logic.
  • I'm one who is glad the age of super danglers and Nancy Kerrigans are long, long gone. That style of play was beyond obnoxious in all game modes. It was perhaps the most unrealistic part of this game since the beginning of the skill stick.

Now you are forced to play different, but the mechanics are screwy in so many ways that it's difficult to play at times.