EA Forums - Banner

The Yakupov conundrum

Can anyone shed some light on the train of thought behind EA giving Yakupov a new card? He is not even worthy of his EDM 84 OVR rating. Now they give him a STL 85 OVR card while the EDM 84 is still required to complete the Oilers hero set. Now, whatever remaining 84 Yaks are left are going to be worth a silly amount of coins if you can even find one in a month or so. The only benefit I see here is that you now get 500 coins for quick selling him instead of 150. Are EA going to start upgrading all traded players now?

Replies

• The NHL development team doesn't think through stuff like this. And they don't read this forum, so you probably have to visit a third party site like Twitter to voice your concern.
  • This happened last year when they updated silver cards to gold and then you couldn't complete the silver set without paying someone a premium for the silver card. What makes it worse this year is that once you complete the set you can't sell the card afterwards, so the NHL team didn't learn from angry players last year and actually took a step backwards.
  • In typical EA fashion they removed Yakupov from the set but didn't announce it... bunch of idiots
  • In typical EA fashion they removed Yakupov from the set but didn't announce it... bunch of ****

So they fixed the problem, and you are complaining? No, fixing a problem is NOT "typical EA fashion"...
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Selfish comment on my part.. I was working the Yakupov market on the usually safe assumption they wouldn't fix it.
  • People just like complaining about everything and anything
  • In typical EA fashion they removed Yakupov from the set but didn't announce it... bunch of ****

Why would EA need to announce this? If someone's trying to do the Edmonton set, they can see that they don't need to get Yakupov. No reason for EA to do more than that.

• Oh my gosh I never thought about this!!! Dang it should have invested in some yaks yesterday.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    In typical EA fashion they removed Yakupov from the set but didn't announce it... bunch of ****

Why would EA need to announce this? If someone's trying to do the Edmonton set, they can see that they don't need to get Yakupov. No reason for EA to do more than that.
    Not everyone plays the same exact way that you do, and you aren't correct about absolutely everything (sorry to tell you)... honestly, I think you are smart enough for me to not have to explain this.

• So they did the same thing with McIlrath.. added him to Florida but haven't removed him from the NYR Hero set yet.
  • Umm yak isn't in the Edmonton set... Look at it again
  • If you look above, it was removed a day or two after the STL card was released. I sold a couple for EDM Yaks for 6500coins but ended up sitting in a couple more that I had hoped to make some $$$ on. They are worth quicksell now.
  • I bought a bunch totalling 10k and will be lucky to get 4k back.. haha.. serves us right I guess.