EA Forums - Banner

Quick opinion on to get nhl 17 or not

Prev1
I see so much bashing of this game so I just wanted to say if you are still on the fence about getting this game the short answer is yes. Hut is always improving and bap is solid this year. Online shootouts are a plastic as is online versus. Eashl makes a solid return and is hours upon hours of fun. From club play to drop in games there is much improvement. Goalie controls this year are solid and improved from last year's. So in short guys...yes get the game

Replies

• Don't know why spell check changed a blast to plastic.lol
  • Is this a joke?
  • With all due respect no it is not a joke. I honestly don't understand why the game gets bashed so much. It's the best nhl in years. No joking here....no sarcasm...Just my opinion
  • It's a terrible game. I've only had it for a week, so regret buying it.
  • Pro tip: offline good online really bad
  • Just get the demo and decide yourselves.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Hi Rammer

I lol'd
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    If you play offline, get it, its a great game.

If you play online, don't bother, it plays terrible like trying to control a 4,000 lb. car out of control sliding on ice.
  • Common now, you guys are way to harsh on this game. Yes TPS sucks, especially without the puck, and yes human goalies are a sham...but my gawd the Jagr mullet and Bautista bat-flip cele bring this game to a new level
  • Offline gameplay is absolutely awesome. I don't play online so I don't care about it.
  • Pretend you are at a bar and it is 2am. There is one girl left who seems ready to party. She is a solid 6 on the 1-10 scale, and you love to party. Do you go home alone and go to bed, or do you have fun with the only option left? Her name is NHL 17. Just remember, in the morning, tell your friends you played COD or RocketLeague so they don't know your shame.
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    Pretend you are at a bar and it is 2am. There is one girl left who seems ready to party. She is a solid 6 on the 1-10 scale, and you love to party. Do you go home alone and go to bed, or do you have fun with the only option left? Her name is NHL 17. Just remember, in the morning, tell your friends you played COD or RocketLeague so they don't know your shame.

Shes more like a 4, and shes guaranteed to make you wish you just went home and went to bed.
  • Love the comparison that's great. I agree it's 6 would have liked more but when it plays well online it plays really well. It's fluid it's smooth only problem is finding that game...everytime
  • If you gave me the game for free, and paid me to play it I wouldn't. I wouldn't wish this game against my worst enemy
  • "It's the best nhl in years. No joking here....no sarcasm...Just my opinion "

If you are talking about offline modes, than yes many would agree with you.

If you are talking about online modes, than everyone is wondering what you are smoking.
  • I call your bluff ShotSaveRebound; this is the smelliest turdpost of all turdposts on the internet. You obviously haven't been playing much NHL series in the past or NHL17 this year yet to come out and post this ridiculous garbage. I don't want to trash you personally just this awful posting of false broad statements. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but your opinion just seems like you get paid for it. Or maybe you just got NHL17 for free.
    Hut has improved?! Online vs is a blast?! I felt that way too during the first ten minutes of playing this year's beta. Keep grinding and see if you think the same in a few days.
    The best weed in town won't make NHL 17 what you said it is in this post.
  • Lets put it this way if nhl 12 had roster updates and the servers were up id pay $100 for it on ps3. If nhl 17 were $10 and i had to do it over again i would walk right by it.