EA Forums - Banner

A Rant Story of a guy I played that made me want to quit the NHL Franchise .

I normally play LD, but if I know of a "drop in hero" the guy who comes in with a full squad or averages like 4 points a game and think they are special seeing their name on a drop in leader board, I'll shut them down ...becuase I can.

I don't do anything extraordinary. Just play my position . Crazy right ? Anyway, I saw this hero pick lw, so I immediately switched over and picked RD. In case most of you don't already know--most top players are trash at this game. Why do I say that ? It's not their hockey knowledge and IQ that wins them games or gets them points ; it's either cherry picking , their opponent is also trash, or them going to the same 1 or 2 go to moves . Needless to say I always get a kick out of shutting them down and watch them have a fit on the ice or message me , Or I'll message them for the lols.

Dude picks powerforward , so I'm like ok, a good counter to that is ENFORCER D. Game starts and the hero gets the puck and immediately starts using hustle down the boards and....GOODNIGHT! Immediately recognized it , stepped up and sent him flying with a mouth full of ice . Of course T-bagging promptly ensued as my massive dude jsut trashed this predictable monkey and embarrassed him 7 seconds into the game .

The very next rush ended the exact same way. Dude tried to hustle, I immediately recognized it and gave him a hit I'm sure would have been fined for in today's powder puff culture.

BUT then things take a turn for the worse . This guy , to my surprise, the next time he got the puck adapted-- which is cool by me--I only react off my opposition. Their moves dictate my moves. When he was coming down the rush , he was expecting me to go for a hit , he was baiting me into one. You play d long enough , and knowing players tendencies, you can see even the most minute details If you're keen enough.

He does creatively gain entry into the offensive zone , mind you, if I had a team of even average players, this dude would have been stripped of the puck a long time ago, but , it's dropin , and in drop in I rely on myself to not even let the dude shoot. I have him completely funneled though to the boards. We are both at low speeds. I see an opportunity to take the body . I do. What happens? I effectively hit him, even separated him from the puck. But he was able to recoverer faster than me and he regained control of the puck. Lol. They scored .

I was pretty upset ...well...that's an understatement. I made the right play and got punished for it . This goof made the wrong move , allowed himself to be hit ....and got rewarded lol.

Their next rush, almost identical , funnel him into boards, I predict he's going to try a move inside-- hit him , he recovers faster than me , scores.

Every rush was me funneling this guy to boards. I didn't go for any open ice hits becuase he wasn't going to allow himself to be hit with the way he was skating and baiting. He did do soemthing different this time though, he went by boards and held out his stick backhand , he essentially created a bubble of invincibility where my enforcer was rendered useless. I could not stick or poke bexuase that surely would have resulted in a penalty . The way he had his stick angled In to boards and the bubbles he was very effective at creating pretty much rendered me a cone out their on the ice.

He must of ended up with 5 points. When the game was over I just sat there. I was gonna message him to say , you must think you're good. Exploiting bubbles, tps of the person without the puck, and manipulating your stick in such a way that a poke or stick lift couldn't be possible . I thought better of it and didn't.

I've seen scenarios and played against dudes who to a certain extent try these things , believe me , I've never encountered one who was this effective at exploiting ALL of them.

It's just a sobering fact to know....there is literally nothing I can do or could have done if him or anyone else exploits the system like that.

Anyway...I wonder what he's gonna do if a day comes where bubbles are gone and you can't put your stick through boards and he is exposed for his lack of actual skill, until then ...he's rewarded and surely got the last laugh.

Replies

• If he's putting his stick into the boards, he's right beside them.. Use boardplay, eh pro? o:)
  • RangerFanatic101
    315 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Two thoughts came to mind:
    1) They need a twitter-like character limit to avoid these long post.
    2) When you engage in these online games do you expect anything less? Exploiters? Wow! What a shocker!
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    If he's putting his stick into the boards, he's right beside them.. Use boardplay, eh pro? o:)

That would require me to trust the input Control of this game. It's like saying , "when a guy is in front of the net , tie him up"

Lol. All sounds simple and practical till you're in the game and actually try it.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I feel ya man!! This game is so tilted to the offensive side, that's why I play D...it's a challenge...well that...and I'm good at it.
    I really wish they would introduce true physics.
    You just have to laugh at the forwards that think they are gods gift to hockey .
    This game is based deeply to help offense, if you're not scoring a ton of goals, then what are you doing?! Lol... it's too easy
    That being said, I usually shut down the best of the best. B)
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    If he's putting his stick into the boards, he's right beside them.. Use boardplay, eh pro? o:)

That would require me to trust the input Control of this game. It's like saying , "when a guy is in front of the net , tie him up"

Lol. All sounds simple and practical till you're in the game and actually try it.

You play this game long enough , and knowing this games tendencies, you can see even the most minute details If you're keen enough and things like boardplay become really easy, if you're keen enough that is..

Eh, pro? o:)
  • I feel ya man!! This game is so tilted to the offensive side, that's why I play D...it's a challenge...well that...and I'm good at it.
    I really wish they would introduce true physics.
    You just have to laugh at the forwards that think they are gods gift to hockey .
    This game is based deeply to help offense, if you're not scoring a ton of goals, then what are you doing?! Lol... it's too easy

This game reminds me of my freshman year in football . We won ONE game , lost NINE and everyone got a participation award . Lol

Nah, it actually felt better to post that. Feels good to vent sometimes. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read that and offer their two cents (positive and negative )
  • why didnt you just record it ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Guy does things to protect the puck and not get hit.....it's cheese. Got it. Powder puff culture huh? Sending him an angry, "your really not good" message, or even considering it after the guy torched you for 5 points sounds pretty powder puff to me. Then when someone asks why you didn't use a basic strategy to stopped him, you blame the controls. This is after your opening statement about how you shut people down "Because I can!". Sounds like sour grapes and hot air to me slugger.