EA Forums - Banner

Guys, theres a new hockey on the way...

The_B_0_G
593 posts Member
edited December 2016
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/12/13920958/old-time-hockey-arcade-sports-ps4-pc-xbox-one

Everyone needs to buy this game, SUPPORT THIS INDIE DEVELOPER!

This is a chance to get an arcade style hockey game with an entirely different feel. I'll still be buying both, but Old Time Hockey has beer mode for controller settings.... Beer Mode!!! You can play with one hand!

Replies

• Wow, a combination of Slapshot and EA's invincibility bubble with horrible graphics to boot.
  • Wow, a combination of Slapshot and EA's invincibility bubble with horrible graphics to boot.

maybe it's ea's nhl premium version... with the premium price of course...
  • Oh I didn't see it posted, its for ps4 and xbox 1 too tjough, that one just says pc. I cant see it being more than 20 bucks.

Graphics don't look great but its retro style, they arent supposed to, looks fun to me either way, don't need amazing graphics to have a fun game. Look how frustrating EA's can be with excellent graphics lol

This game reminds me a little of mutant league hockey back in sega days.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Oh I didn't see it posted, its for ps4 and xbox 1 too tjough, that one just says pc. I cant see it being more than 20 bucks.

Graphics don't look great but its retro style, they arent supposed to, looks fun to me either way, don't need amazing graphics to have a fun game. Look how frustrating EA's can be with excellent graphics lol

This game reminds me a little of mutant league hockey back in sega days.

I see your point. Just to me it seems like a plain goal-fest game which I am not a huge fan of. Will see when it releases.
  • Its for people who liked Fox's "puck trail".
  • HogNutz74 wrote: »
    Its for people who liked Fox's "puck trail".

In the article it explains the type of people it targeting, adults who just want to have a few beer, a few laughs and hang out while playing some arcade style hockey.

Sounds like it'd be a pretty fun pre-bar drinking ritual, even if you aren't a gamer you could play. Couch co op is a blast.
    HogNutz74 wrote: »

In the article it explains the type of people it targeting, adults who just want to have a few beer, a few laughs and hang out while playing some arcade style hockey.

Sounds like it'd be a pretty fun pre-bar drinking ritual, even if you aren't a gamer you could play. Couch co op is a blast.

It doesn't appear as though they are including an online mode either from what I have read. They want to but would rather it be a full success than a 5h!tstorm (take notes EA) that doesn't work properly. I read somewhere that they don't have the manpower to do everything they want to.

It doesn't appear as though they are including an online mode either from what I have read. They want to but would rather it be a full success than a 5h!tstorm (take notes EA) that doesn't work properly. I read somewhere that they don't have the manpower to do everything they want to.

Yeah they said they could of put online in but didnt have enough time to make sure it would always work properly, like you said. I'm buyinh it just to support them so we can get more releases, maybe some updates.
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

Yeah they said they could of put online in but didnt have enough time to make sure it would always work properly, like you said. I'm buyinh it just to support them so we can get more releases, maybe some updates.

I agree, if it's 20 or less I'll probably show em some love as well.
  • Anything to support NHL gaming competition is a positive in my book. My hope is that it sells big showing other companies they can make an NHL game. Back in the 90s we had so many choices, sad that we are now down to one (and even more sad the one left standing isn't from 2k sports).
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    Anything to support NHL gaming competition is a positive in my book. My hope is that it sells big showing other companies they can make an NHL game. Back in the 90s we had so many choices, sad that we are now down to one (and even more sad the one left standing isn't from 2k sports).

Kind of reminds you of America in general doesn't it? Ma and Pa shops were able to survive until online shopping became a thing, and now only the shopping giants remain (for the most part.) Although, that doesn't explain the over-saturation of first-person shooters now, does it.

Either way, it's a good thing to see the "little man" giving us a unique "flavor" that nobody else is doing.
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    Anything to support NHL gaming competition is a positive in my book. My hope is that it sells big showing other companies they can make an NHL game. Back in the 90s we had so many choices, sad that we are now down to one (and even more sad the one left standing isn't from 2k sports).

Kind of reminds you of America in general doesn't it? Ma and Pa shops were able to survive until online shopping became a thing, and now only the shopping giants remain (for the most part.) Although, that doesn't explain the over-saturation of first-person shooters now, does it.

Either way, it's a good thing to see the "little man" giving us a unique "flavor" that nobody else is doing.

Bold part: not entirely true! Before joining the Air Force (17yrs ago lol) my best friend worked at a local ma/pa sporting goods clothing store (mainly Pgh sports teams). **** Sporting Goods built a store down the road and the ma/pa store started to lose customers. **** provided a larger variety of merchandise (Pgh teams) plus other stuff that the ma/pa store did not. Here is the kicker though, **** paid their employees more money than what the ma/pa store did. Think about it, ma/pa pay $7hr where as **** pays $9hr....which company are you going to work for? So not only is the ma/pa store losing customers due to having limited merchandise but they are losing potential employees because they can only pay their starting employees $7hr (**** starts at $9)
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    nickels55 wrote: »

Bold part: not entirely true! Before joining the Air Force (17yrs ago lol) my best friend worked at a local ma/pa sporting goods clothing store (mainly Pgh sports teams). **** Sporting Goods built a store down the road and the ma/pa store started to lose customers. **** provided a larger variety of merchandise (Pgh teams) plus other stuff that the ma/pa store did not. Here is the kicker though, **** paid their employees more money than what the ma/pa store did. Think about it, ma/pa pay $7hr where as **** pays $9hr....which company are you going to work for? So not only is the ma/pa store losing customers due to having limited merchandise but they are losing potential employees because they can only pay their starting employees $7hr (**** starts at $9)

That's a good point too. I didn't look at it from that angle. Makes sense though since the 'big dawgs" have more resources to do more things.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    nickels55 wrote: »

That's a good point too. I didn't look at it from that angle. Makes sense though since the 'big dawgs" have more resources to do more things.

Unfortunately that's the Peril of the Ma/Pa stores.
  • Looks more like a re-imagined NHL Hitz! than anything else to me...
  • Nhl hitZ was a blast, hopefully its as fun
  • NHL Hitz Pro had the most realistic gameplay of any hockey game besides 2k. Wish they would remake that game.