EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Is there any way to turn off ice tilt?

Prev1
Im about at mid season again and ive played five games today where the cpu just totally jacks the game. Ive lost 3 games outshooting the cpu 26-4, 19-5, and 22-7. All their goals came in the most weakest shots possible and my human goalie sliders are even turned up to to 100. This is the stupidest most bizarre thing ive ever seen its like the games are decided before I even play. And 70 % of my shots are from point blank and the goalie makes miraculous saves every time

Replies

• Lol. 70% of your shots are from point blank rage and you still can't win?

That's not ice tilt. That's s-u-c-k tilt
  • Lol cya

Im 22-3 and usually win about 70+ games a year in franchise so chill out, I know how to play the game.

Im serious that no matter who the goalie is once I start going on long winning streaks (I was on a 17 gamer) the goalies start going crazy. I start playing for real and trying to score and I get slap shots from in close, point blank wristers, and every shot is green or blue on the grid yet the goalie will make unhumanly saves every time.

• That's s-u-c-k tilt

2webh3m.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • The CPU/AI don't play fair. The CPU enjoys an advantage of being quicker and making accurate passes/shots. Keep in mind when you play the CPU the engine reacts to your controller input not the movement on the ice. This only gives the CPU a huge advantage.
  • The CPU/AI don't play fair. The CPU enjoys an advantage of being quicker and making accurate passes/shots. Keep in mind when you play the CPU the engine reacts to your controller input not the movement on the ice. This only gives the CPU a huge advantage.

I've been saying that for a year now. Think about all those games where your player feels stuck in mud where your opponents SEEM to react to what you are doing before you do it. That's because they kind of are. There is a varying amount of time between controller input and actions being carried out on screen. When that amount of time is higher you simply cannot compete in this game. It's obvious when it happens too.
  • The CPU can straight up cheat ... That's the way ea programs them so they can feel more competitive... They will force you to blip off your player so the CPU can force a penalty on you, kick the puck in with no reviews, they know how to push the puck through goalies, they do the same "glitch" shot to the goalies , as they know how to exploit their own mechanics, other than that they are a bunch of brick headed dummies.

That's freaking hilarious haha
  • What drives me nuts is I spend 20 games at the start of a season getting the sliders right so I can have consistently competitive games, and then all of a sudden for 10 or 12 games it just becomes impossible. Then, when the impossible streak ends, I start scoring 7 or 8 goals a game without trying and have to start over tweaking the sliders again. It's a frustrating cycle. I really enjoy the 6 or 7 great games I get once my tweaks are done, but I know that I possible streak is right a round the bend.
  • l3354w72jxfu
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    What drives me nuts is I spend 20 games at the start of a season getting the sliders right so I can have consistently competitive games, and then all of a sudden for 10 or 12 games it just becomes impossible. Then, when the impossible streak ends, I start scoring 7 or 8 goals a game without trying and have to start over tweaking the sliders again. It's a frustrating cycle. I really enjoy the 6 or 7 great games I get once my tweaks are done, but I know that I possible streak is right a round the bend.

If only every game in franchise mode could play out the same. Everyone just wants their franchise games to play out just like a quick game.
    Post edited by l3354w72jxfu on
  • "the ice is tilted in their favour!"

If its in the game, its in the game.

Especially when the people playing the game have been saying it for over 15 years!
  • There is no ice tilt, its either internet lag, or input lag that gives the feeling of "ice tilt".
  • There is no ice tilt, its either internet lag, or input lag that gives the feeling of "ice tilt".

Yeah, especially when you feel it in offline modes... lol
  • Definitely lag. Like when half the game I'm invincible, then a goal gets scored and suddenly my players can't turn.

You do realize input lag is different than latency due to the nature of how the internet works, right?

Controller input lag, combined with not using game mode on your tv can cause a delay between pressing a button and seeing it happen on screen. Combined online, can make things worse than it already is.

• DanneyG
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    There is no ice tilt, its either internet lag, or input lag that gives the feeling of "ice tilt".

You do realize input lag is different than latency due to the nature of how the internet works, right?

Controller input lag, combined with not using game mode on your tv can cause a delay between pressing a button and seeing it happen on screen. Combined online, can make things worse than it already is.

but can it cause opposing AI players suddenly all skate like Larkin speed?

Or be able to perform magic and keep the magnetic puck to their blades?

Make your passes go left instead of right?

Direct your passes straight to the opposing AI blades for an easy come back goal?

Bisch please ...

I said it before and Ill say it again for another 10 years ... Ice Tilt is the weather ballon and the NHL series is Roswell.
  • No way to turn it off but if you get EA access you'll have things start to swing your way...
    I hope this game updates at least once more before they start to "work on" NHL 18

It's all the random factors in the game ... Cross checking elbowing penalties , stick breaks, puck pick ups, pucks glitching through players/goalies, the ai's ability, sometimes you get the Swiss cheese goalie or the terrible AI, poke checks are random IMO, they aren't consistent, and if you are unlucky you will never knock the puck off the other players stick ... When you can lose a game purely on bad luck due to bad devs being bad devs ...

This game isn't near as skill based as it is luck based , ice tilt is a self made illusion created by the dev team ...
  • Keep in mind when you play the CPU the engine reacts to your controller input not the movement on the ice.

Yeah I remember back in NHL 09 AI defenseman would move exactly the same time I moved the thumbstick, it was so aggravating trying to get an open shot.