EA Forums - Banner

Stutter when entering the zone

Prev1
Love it when I'm on a breakaway and I clearly beat the CPU but the game stutters and slows me down on purpose. :D

Replies

• the ultimate in fairness protection.
  • Happens all of the damn time, makes me raise my eyebrows when people say there's nothing like ice tilt or balancing when certain things happen at the most specific times. I love skating in on a breakaway just to have the defense skate 1,000 times faster to catch up regardless who it is. While that player is clearly getting a boost, the offensive player on the breakaway is sort of skipping or slowly jittering to slow him down, it's the weirdest thing but it's 100% there.
  • Happens all of the **** time, makes me raise my eyebrows when people say there's nothing like ice tilt or balancing when certain things happen at the most specific times. I love skating in on a breakaway just to have the defense skate 1,000 times faster to catch up regardless who it is. While that player is clearly getting a boost, the offensive player on the breakaway is sort of skipping or slowly jittering to slow him down, it's the weirdest thing but it's 100% there.

I don't think it's ice tilt... I think it's the skating engine in some manner.
  • There is definitely something wrong with the camera as this issue is in NHL 16 as well. Upon entering the offensive zone there is definitely a stutter that occurs (I play on classic camera).
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    There is definitely something wrong with the camera as this issue is in NHL 16 as well. Upon entering the offensive zone there is definitely a stutter that occurs (I play on classic camera).

yep. two diff issues - the magic freeze when you simply have everyone trashed and are free and away and BOOM time to come to a stop for some reason.

and then the actual game stuttering issue as you mentioned.
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    There is definitely something wrong with the camera as this issue is in NHL 16 as well. Upon entering the offensive zone there is definitely a stutter that occurs (I play on classic camera).

I experience this too. I thought it was just me until I noticed this thread. Glad to see this is a legit issue.

Oh, wait. Now EA will say it's our PS4's that are the problem. Kind of like how they blame all of our ISP's for the online lag issue and not their servers.....
  • Yeah ea needs video on that but it happens because this game is broken lousy and unfinished
  • symmer1983
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    InvZgqg.gif

Something like that?

Whoa what the heck was that.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    InvZgqg.gif

Something like that?

I believe your video is a different issue than the stutter others are referring to.

The stutter appears like online lag when entering the offensive zone. Note: This is an OFFLINE issue. I usually play with Classic camera - Always Up. Just before you cross the offensive zone blue line, the camera stutters, similar to online lag.
  • That's not the issue. It's when going at top end speed the the camera kind of jutters and your player's top end speed kind of lags a bit and he jutters rather than fluidly skating up ice. I've never seen that incident before.
  • That's not the issue. It's when going at top end speed the the camera kind of jutters and your player's top end speed kind of lags a bit and he jutters rather than fluidly skating up ice. I've never seen that incident before.

THIS!
  • both of these are real issues ive experienced many times.

the stutter i think is a camera issue and what kory posted I've seen a bunch in variations and i believe is a bug with the whole "ea takes over control of your player randomly in certain situations".
  • I don't think it's a camera issue. Reason I say that, is because it happens on multiple cameras. (upward facing anyways)
  • I'll post a video of it. Give me a sec here. I'm sure I can replicate it offline.
  • Well, offline it doesn't happen as much. So much for that testing.
  • Played online vs, happened 3 times. Recording got **** up. Awesome. I played the insufferable online vs just to show you people and I got nothing.
  • I think I know what the OP is trying to say here. You could be skating full-speed into the offensive zone and all of a sudden it's like your skater's skates slip a bit which kills some of your momentum to allow everybody else to catch up. This is only for a matter of one or two strides where this happens. Your skater doesn't animate any differently during these few strides either. It's simply just like you covered half the normal distance during this one or two steps and then you are back to normal.

That's what that "stutter" looks like to me any ways.
  • I think I know what the OP is trying to say here. You could be skating full-speed into the offensive zone and all of a sudden it's like your skater's skates slip a bit which kills some of your momentum to allow everybody else to catch up. This is only for a matter of one or two strides where this happens. Your skater doesn't animate any differently during these few strides either. It's simply just like you covered half the normal distance during this one or two steps and then you are back to normal.

That's what that "stutter" looks like to me any ways.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. "Dynamic game balancing" perhaps B)
  • I've noticed this as well.

It's ice tilt.