EA Forums - Banner

Make 6v6 mandatory in EASHL to hide the pathetic excuse of an AI

Prev1
An EASHL drop-in lobby should only be created once there is 12 players ready to go, NO EXCUSES. In the last 30-40 minutes, I've wasted... well 30-40 minutes of trying to get a 6v6 going. The best we got to was 5v4 (no goalies) and then the game fell apart in the last 10 seconds because people started leaving making the lobby look like swiss cheese. I don't care if I have to wait 5 minutes in line, it's better than wasting 30-40 frustrating minutes sitting there and re-trying, pulling my hair, and eventually getting no where. Put in a loud alarm if you have to so I can do things like take a dump, some house work, make food, whatever, and ring it when my game is ready. Obv Defense/Goalies will have to wait a shorter amount of time (probably no time), and that's fair since 80% of people want to play offense.

EA, here's a pro tip: If you fill up the game with all 12 human players, there's NO room for **** AI to ruin the game for everyone with their idiocy. Win win for all!

Also: If someone quits early, force them to wait until the game is over until they can join a new one. You've been doing this hockey game business for 24-25 years now guys, get it RIGHT for once. Put in INCENTIVES (ever heard of it?) so that people DON'T quit after 1 goal.

This is so EASY to fix (I work with developers all the time, and even asked one of them). It's literally 10-20 hours of code... sell a few jumbo packs and it's paid for.

Sometimes I wish there was a counter of how much human life this game has taken away from all of us collectively. I can guarantee you that single-handedly this year alone (in the 4 months this game was out), I've wasted probably dozens of hours waiting my life sitting in the lobby over and over and over again. Collectively, the amount of time we've all wasted in the broken lobby system, we probably could have built our own hockey game (no need for NHL licence, just make a barebones EASHL clone.)

EA, please stop wasting precious human life and FIX the broken lobby system. Rant over.

Replies

• No. No mandatory 6 v 6. It will kill off the mode. Bring back lobbies and give preset builds a nice lobby or mode for those people that want that.
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Since NHL 11, I can count on one hand how many drop in games finished 6v6

Idk what they can do . Forwards don't play their position and are turnover machines

Dmen don't play thein position and are turnover machines

Goalies are either a joke or have no chance becuase of the 5 skaters he has in front of him that play as well together as blind hungry mice dropped in a maze after the one slice of cheese.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    As d man, I don't mind playing with the CPU d partner at all. In fact I prefer it to most drop in d-men. I know what he's trying to do, and I know where he's going to be ....it's pretty nice.
  • Since NHL 11, I can count on one hand how many drop in games finished 6v6

Idk what they can do . Forwards don't play their position and are turnover machines

Dmen don't play thein position and are turnover machines

Goalies are either a joke or have no chance becuase of the 5 skaters he has in front of him that play as well together as blind hungry mice dropped in a maze after the one slice of cheese.

Oh yes, I just had a game like that yesterday, it was 6v5 but the 5 skaters in front were skating around like headless chickens,which resulted in a frustrating game for me as a goalie. I know I am far from the best human goalies out there, but I consider myself an average one,but even if you are top 10 goalie,you still can't cope with breakaway after breakaway and 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 all the time,and expect to have a good game,anyway I conceded 7 goals,of which 5 I had no chance to do anything about.
  • @IlyaSorokin90

Have no idea why you're posting that pic. All it shows is the member the game STARTED with. I specially said "FINISHED"

Have no idea why you're posting stats. By your own admission you played at least half of your games with at least one friend , maybe more. People who bring In a buddy or buddies to a drop in have a huge amount of success vs a team full of randoms.

Anyways, your name on these forums seem familiar - I think you're that guy who was trying to tell me how to play D in a thread I created where the DEV agreed with me lol.

Anywho, post a relevant pic next time

• Does 6v6 club eashl have its own separate statistics?

If not, it should, and it should be organized in such a way to make it clear that 6v6 stats > 2v2 stats.

The stat's Ive seen put 2v2 stats and 6v6 stats all together, and theyre totally different games.

I'd like a way to look at club rankings / stats and specifically exclude data from 2v2 games.
    EASHL player
  • Does 6v6 club eashl have its own separate statistics?

If not, it should, and it should be organized in such a way to make it clear that 6v6 stats > 2v2 stats.

The stat's Ive seen put 2v2 stats and 6v6 stats all together, and theyre totally different games.

I'd like a way to look at club rankings / stats and specifically exclude data from 2v2 games.

You can filter team/player stats for 6v6
  • So you can filter to Only show 6s, but cannot filter to not-include 2s?

I ask because while I would prefer to play 6s, its usually less, and I have a hard hatred of 2s.
    EASHL player

• Maybe I'll take screenshots of the player summaries after the next 12 games I play in drop ins and post them here for you then so you can see how many finish 6vs6. It won't be as a goalie though because approximately 70-80 % opposing goalies quit against me. HA!

Giving you two days to post that screenshot is being very considerate.

I'm aware you have the word maybe BUT

Maybe you played 12 games and not 1 finished 6v6

Maybe games that's finish 6v6 definitley aren't as prevalent as you thought

• No need to continue bro, it's another irrelevant pic .

You can have 6 dudes all start in a game, quit and it will still show their names and cr rating at the end of the game like the one you showed .

Anyway, all you had to do was go in to the drop-in leader board--scroll all the way to the right till you get to the column "GC6" and get info from there....

But hey, keep making things way harder than they have to be and posting pics I can easily discredit

• "Maybe I haven't gotten around to doing so yet because my life and NHL gaming doesn't make taking screenshots and posting them here just for you isn't a priority. :tongue:"

-ilyasorokin90

When you say soemthing like that , be smart enough to recognize I'm going to get you to contradict yourself.Good thing for me I was betting you weren't.
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    So you can filter to Only show 6s, but cannot filter to not-include 2s?

I ask because while I would prefer to play 6s, its usually less, and I have a hard hatred of 2s.
    I don't get this either. When we can't find 6 we are still willing to play 5 or even 4 depending on what positions they take. But instead we have to sit through countless 2s (well 3, 2 skaters and a goalie) and try over and over until we just give up and play something else

EDIT: I thought you were talking about the match room size option, my mistake but my point remains lol
  • I think forcing 6's in EASHL would kill the mode. I sometimes play sixes, but usually less. Often it's only 3 or 2 people because almost everyone I used to play with has moved on. If it was 6's only, I'd definitely stop playing as well. I think many others would too. You aren't forcing people into 6's, you're forcing them out of the mode entirely, including people like me who do play a few 6's games.

The best solution is to have a match my room size, and then at least 5, at least 4, at least 3 option.
  • I think forcing 6's in EASHL would kill the mode. I sometimes play sixes, but usually less. Often it's only 3 or 2 people because almost everyone I used to play with has moved on. If it was 6's only, I'd definitely stop playing as well. I think many others would too. You aren't forcing people into 6's, you're forcing them out of the mode entirely, including people like me who do play a few 6's games.

The best solution is to have a match my room size, and then at least 5, at least 4, at least 3 option.

Facts.