EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

EASHL Drop-In is great the players that make the Drop-In game garbage.

Just as the title says, love the game but people online make the experience garbage.

I thought about posting a wall of text listing all the possibilities people use to disrupt a game... but if anyone has played Drop-In games then they know mostly by firsthand experience what all can be done by people who are throwing a temper tantrum like a babbling baby.

Lift up your skirts and find your balls sweethearts.

Replies

• Was way better when people had to have certain stats like team play etc to improve their player. Now nobody cares because there's no incentive.
  • I used to think the same.... but i have more fun in drops now simply because i know what to expect.

i dont have the biggest club so its frustrating that when we do decie to play club we never know what compies we will get. they are either complete trash or god like theres no inbetween.

in turn that makes drops more fun because atleast i anticipate everyone playing like **** were as i cant in club.
  • Just as the title says, love the game but people online make the experience garbage.

I thought about posting a wall of text listing all the possibilities people use to disrupt a game... but if anyone has played Drop-In games then they know mostly by firsthand experience what all can be done by people who are throwing a temper tantrum like a babbling baby.

Lift up your skirts and find your balls sweethearts.
    In other news, grass is green, the ocean is wet LOL.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I agree that drop-in can be extremely frustrating. I think there are lots of things EA can do to improve on the experience.

1. Consolidate UI menu's to speed up match-making process. Don't need to pick player type and jersey on a separate menu.
    2. Add some filters for people that only want to play 6 on 6 or with/without a human goalie..etc.
    3. REMOVE PAUSING THE GAME! 1 pause is pointless. If you pause the game (which happens to all of us from time to time) you should be replaced by a CPU player till you return. Stop holding up the game.
    4. Allow joining game in progress! People quit. Gunna happen. Not an issue in Rocket League. Easy fix.

• Not to mention the rampant Goalie Hating that's going on. I may not be great, but I don't suck and I've had three people in my first 15 games telling me to NEVER PLAY AGAIN or to quit (after 2 goals!!!). This is not an easy to position to play in these chaotic games where defense is a four letter word.

Is there some way to for the team leader to force a goalie out somehow? I've had my game automatically pause without me pausing it at least five times (it shows no pauses left but I didn't pause!) immediately after a fifth goal is scored (once on a fourth goal). Is this a bug, or the leader forcing MY pause to pressure me to quit? I just don't get it.

Love your goalies!!!
  • IceLion68
    496 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I agree that drop-in can be extremely frustrating. I think there are lots of things EA can do to improve on the experience.

1. Consolidate UI menu's to speed up match-making process. Don't need to pick player type and jersey on a separate menu.
    The menus can always be better
    2. Add some filters for people that only want to play 6 on 6 or with/without a human goalie..etc.
    I sort of think this is what club is for. It's hard enough it seems to get into a game without further splintering the user base.
    3. REMOVE PAUSING THE GAME! 1 pause is pointless. If you pause the game (which happens to all of us from time to time) you should be replaced by a CPU player till you return. Stop holding up the game.
    Its 30 seconds. (shrugs). I suspect you will have at least as many people complaining about the removal of all pauses as you would lauding it.
    4. Allow joining game in progress! People quit. Gunna happen. Not an issue in Rocket League. Easy fix.
    Simple theoretically, but I suspect not easy, nor necessarily desirable. This is one of those things that *sounds* good on paper but TBH I am not sure it works for NHL.
    • Not always, but often there is a good reason that a person quits to open up a spot. It's probably a [email protected] game where there is trolling or some general lack of skill going on. I dont quit just because my team is losing but I WILL quit sometimes if there is serious trolling/griefing happening on my team, or my team overall is so inept that continuing is futile and "unfun". I will say this is one place where the card system helped (until you reached L3 of course). But I would much rather the dev team address the issues that cause people to quit than expend development resources trying to figure out how to do "join games in progress".
    • When is the cutoff? I would much rather spend 5 minutes in matchmaking to play a full game than to be immediately dumped into a game half-way through the 3rd period. Especially if the game is as above.
    • This game has synchronization challenges as it is; I couldn't imagine them trying to implement drop-in/drop-out on the fly.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • They need to punish players that quit games and especially goalies!

My friends and I started a full 6 vs 6 game. We score 2 quick ones to go up 2-0. 2 of their players quit. I won't mention the specifics but we got EA'd and they went up 4-2 by the end of the second period. My team fights back and ties up the game with less than 5 minutes to go. Their goalie quits a 4-4 game. ****? That is such a **** and **** move quitting a tie game. Then as what usually happens their AI goalie stonewalls our team and then their AI player scores from a perfect rebound right to them to win the game. Such ****!

Perhaps something like if their goalie quits they get the lost automatically even if their AI goalie gets the win. Or if one goalie quits while the other team is winning the goalie that plays the whole game gets credited with the win automatically regardless of the games outcome. Also if the other team all quits while the other goalie has a shutout going then that goalie gets credited with the shutout if their last remaining players quit with say 5-10 minutes left in the game. This should discourage friends exploiting this as what friends are going to play 50-55 minutes of a game only to quit on purpose so their goalie can get a shut out?

Had Almost the same thing happen. Goalie quit after he got scored on once. I was our goalie, but we continued on to win 3-0. I said let's win 4-0, but the ai replacement wasn't exactly a sieve as the ai name suggested. Luckily the rest of the other team stuck around so i did manage to get the shutout.

So annoying when goalies quit after a few. However, depending on the team in front, i can sympathize in some cases.
  • Some players are garbage, others aren't, just like club. The only difference is that you don't know if they are going to be good or not. BTW the average drop in team isn't great but they aren't terrible either, I haven't had a team give up more than 5 or 6 goals in a while. But the Ai goalies need to be nerfed after a player quits, they are simply too good and it rewards goalies for quitting.
  • SepiDN
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The most annoying thing in drop in is:

Why can't we just have 1 team lobbys? Fill in the team with players and then just matchmake with the full team. Why do we have to be in a lobby where you can see your opponet and wait for BOTH teams to be ready at certain time? Why? If we could take 2 mins to fill out 1 team we could just use "search" and wait for another team to be ready...
    Would solve the whole "everyone's leaving" carbage.

Also put in a "Quit%". If you have more than 10% quitting % then you will only match with other quitters. And if you quit you get 30min ban for the first offense. 2h for 2nd etc.
    And make it easier for people to get kicked.
  • My friends and I are noticing a lot of goalies are now quitting when they're winning.

Last night, we were losing 3-0 midway through the second period. The other team started playing "keep away" ragging the puck in their end (even on the PP). We score to break the shut out. We score another one late in the second. Goalie quits right after. ****?

We score early in the 3rd to tie the game. The rest of them quit. ****? It's a freaking drop in game.

I've noticed this as well, not sure why. One other thing that has started happening more and more is goalies using the pause and pulling themselves, and not getting put back until the other team scores. Happened 3 times last night alone (all different players) and all 3 times were leading by 2-3 goals. I guess it's a new troll tactic, what they should do is not even allow the goalie to pulled unless there is a delayed penalty or less than 2 minutes left and under 2 goal deficit.
  • This wouldn't be a issue if the game didn't favor the forwards. I have been playing since nhl 92 and this year is vary bad for it. There is no defenceman awareness and even tho the goalies are 6'2. They can't go post to post on a wrap around. Yes i play dee. And i see it all. Its so frustrating dealing with the smart guys that only play forward and have no idea whats it like behind the blue line.