EA Forums - Banner

Micro-grinded 100k and a decent team. Next move?

Prev13
PadrinoIV
900 posts Member
edited December 2016
Allright, so I started playing HUT for the first time last month. I started with my starter pack and thats it. I grinded a pretty good team, now I got a decent team but with 100K coins in the bank. Next game I play Will be my first ever in Div 3. I'm posting this for multiple reasons. 1st, I'm really happy and wanted to share this joy with the Community lol and Tell the new guys its all possible with 0$ but a lot of will. Also, I'd love for the veterans and old timers of HUT to Tell me what would be THEIR next move with a decent team and a 100K coins.
Post edited by PadrinoIV on

Replies

• It's gonna depend on what you have currently. Post up a lineup. How are you losing? What are your strategies? 100k can go fast in the game when you get better players.
  • Allright. :

Pacioretty MacKinnon Kessel
    Forsberg Kesler Oshie
    Steen Galchenyuk Nyquist
    Couture Stastny Radulov

Scratched : Bobby Ryan, Voracek, Eberle, Drouin, Huberdeau, Emelin

+ Weber & Vlasic of importance on D.

Luongo in net, had Quick.

I'm looking closely at Heroes, Legends and POTG. some are affordables.

• I would say do some hero sets get some upgrades. You might have to wait until after Christmas but several heros can be had for fairly cheap. You could also use the heros you make to make some coins.

If you aren't interested in heros at all I would say look for steals and start making your team the way you want to! It's your ultimate team make it your own. I like what you have done I do this every year with the exception I get the super ultimate edition or something like that.
  • PadrinoIV
    900 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    I would say do some hero sets get some upgrades. You might have to wait until after Christmas but several heros can be had for fairly cheap. You could also use the heros you make to make some coins.

If you aren't interested in heros at all I would say look for steals and start making your team the way you want to! It's your ultimate team make it your own. I like what you have done I do this every year with the exception I get the super ultimate edition or something like that.

Thanks for your time ! Im Very interested in Heroes and Legends lol building better synergies. Im more than willing to wait for Christmas to eventually start div3 loll and keep building. The sets look good(Bucyk, Graves) but Im having a hard time evaluating the total cost as opposed to the market. I also have a gold and a carbon collectibles and I bought lots of contracts. The way I get it, after Christmas, Well get the Lights reward thing, contracts Will go Up and some new opportunity Will rise with noobs. LOL. and yeah, since its my first ever try at HUT, i bet Ill Buy some deluxe version of the game also next year to get some packs. Its a good idea. Im now here cause the game is too clunky to keep playing my beloved old 1v1 versus, but Im having a blast (in HUT) i must say.
  • Ya hut is a blast. People talk crap on it but really it's a good game.

There really isn't a set cost for heros. You will have to be patient. I have completed 3 so far and it takes me about a month or so to get everything I need for the sets. I also started with amonte so ya that took awhile. Pretty much any hero without carbons is the way to go. Buy jerseys for cheap it will save you down the road. Buy high rated players during promo packs or player packs. Do not buy nonrare gold players for more than they are worth! Those are the keys to success when making heros. I would say with 100k you could probably make 3ish
  • PadrinoIV
    900 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    3ish is really good... Graves would fit my style and help me a lot, Bucyk is doable, and Muller is the dream (Along with any Roy, as a Habs fan lol) thanks, Ill study your tips, much appreciated ! PS : editing to say that Robitaille starts looking really good with its 2 DD, 2PP
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    Allright, so I started playing HUT for the first time last month. I started with my starter pack and thats it. I grinded a pretty good team, now I got a decent team but with 100K coins in the bank. Next game I play Will be my first ever in Div 3. I'm posting this for multiple reasons. 1st, I'm really happy and wanted to share this joy with the Community lol and Tell the new guys its all possible with 0$ but a lot of will. Also, I'd love for the veterans and old timers of HUT to Tell me what would be THEIR next move with a decent team and a 100K coins.

That's exactly the way the HUT mode should be played, in my opinion. That's EA's "cash cow" baby though so the alleged "top players" will usually be the ones who pay to win. As much as I hate it, it really is about the micro-transactions first and skill second.
  • PadrinoIV
    900 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    PadrinoIV wrote: »

That's exactly the way the HUT mode should be played, in my opinion. That's EA's "cash cow" baby though so the alleged "top players" will usually be the ones who pay to win. As much as I hate it, it really is about the micro-transactions first and skill second.

Thanks ! Its exactly the challenge I see, and like, to try to Reach Div1, and then beat some of those guys. I have the 1v1 versus training going for me loll playing all those years with the Habs against the best teams in the league :-)
  • The market is crazy cheap right now for 87s and 88s. Might look into those guys who fit your synergies. I've built my team around synergies and go from there. I'd look for a few 88s with a budget of 20-30k each.
  • MFin04 wrote: »
    The market is crazy cheap right now for 87s and 88s. Might look into those guys who fit your synergies. I've built my team around synergies and go from there. I'd look for a few 88s with a budget of 20-30k each.

Allright, i'll keep that in mind ! The thing is, when we talk about 20K players, i'm asking Myself : why not go for some POTG or any double synergy players for the same price? Thats why I gave up Quick and Carter when I won Div4 title. Do you keep going with base gold rare ? 88s are good, thats for sure...

Thanks ! Its exactly the challenge I see, and like, to try to Reach Div1, and then beat some of those guys. I have the 1v1 versus training going for me loll playing all those years with the Habs against the best teams in the league :-)

I'm all about that too. It's always nice to serve up some humble pie to the credit card warriors.

I'm all about that too. It's always nice to serve up some humble pie to the credit card warriors.

May the force be with us my friend.
  • Until you start losing loads don't mess with your team.

Having a stacked team isn't going to help against player that is simply better. A good player with starter pack team is always going to win an average player with a stacked team. Period. Say what you want, but HUT is far from being pay to win. It's pay to get a stacked team, but stacked team isn't going to make anyone play better.

Having a stacked team isn't going to help against player that is simply better. A good player with starter pack team is always going to win an average player with a stacked team. Period. Say what you want, but HUT is far from being pay to win. It's pay to get a stacked team, but stacked team isn't going to make anyone play better.

That's probably true most of the time. However, watching popular Twitch streams of players that have stacked teams with like ten synergies activated makes me wonder if combining all that actually gives you a notable advantage this year. An example, I saw JERZ streaming the last few nights and holy 5h!t does his team fly all over the ice like nobody's business!
  • Ht8trick is right. Hut is a blast. It's all I've played since it was introduced years ago. As was said there are so many 88 and 87 players available for cheap. Even some 89s. Build some team synergies as those help all. Use a coach who'd synergies help. That's the great thing with heros. Their synergies are awesome. I only kept Sullivan because of his 3 1t synergy. And now I love him. Good luck
  • Ht8trick is right. Hut is a blast. It's all I've played since it was introduced years ago. As was said there are so many 88 and 87 players available for cheap. Even some 89s. Build some team synergies as those help all. Use a coach who'd synergies help. That's the great thing with heros. Their synergies are awesome. I only kept Sullivan because of his 3 1t synergy. And now I love him. Good luck

Thanks to all of you ! Matt, yes, perfect. I got a coach for my SB, and I'm looking to add one or 2 hero/legend who fits with the players and synergies I know I'll use in the future. Once I go for a do over / upgrade of my team, I think synergies. That's why I'm starting to seek Robitaille, Muller, or Graves, etc.

To all of you : seeing what I saw so far against stacked team, you're right, I don't need one (stacked team).

I got the Patrick Roy conundrum though, since I want him so bad (Habs fan), but he does not fit my synergies, and Luongo made me a game saver save to win a title already, as did Quick (both are pretty cheap). Also, Price is overpriced (lol) for a player with a single synergy. Vernon, at 94, seems very cheap also... why is that? What are your takes on goalies?
  • I recommend looking at 85 & 86 overall MS/Potg/Potn cards when they are released in packs. This is the cheapest time to buy these cards as the supply is up. Try out some new cards with multiple synergies and if the card doesn't fit your style sell for 2-3x as much in 2 weeks when the cards are long gone from packs.

No risk. High reward. You will either add good players to your lineup or build up your coin balance.
  • I recommend looking at 85 & 86 overall MS/Potg/Potn cards when they are released in packs. This is the cheapest time to buy these cards as the supply is up. Try out some new cards with multiple synergies and if the card doesn't fit your style sell for 2-3x as much in 2 weeks when the cards are long gone from packs.

No risk. High reward. You will either add good players to your lineup or build up your coin balance.

Why would he get these cards? He wants to upgrade his current team. Looks like his lowest rated player is 86

Why would he get these cards? He wants to upgrade his current team. Looks like his lowest rated player is 86

Can you read?