EA Forums - Banner

Ice tilt isn't a thing, get over it

Prev134567
Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

Momentum is a thing though. If someone is shooting and controlling more than you, they have momentum and will be faster make harder hits etc. I'm just sick and tired of everyone complaining about how broken this game is. Every game has bugs, get the hell over it. It makes me want to kill myself overtime i hear, "wow i poked that why didn't i get it" or "ok that pass went right through my defender's legs" how about instead of blaming the game everyone, you blame yourself. if i give up a goal because of something like that, i blame myself for not preventing. This game won't just automatically give you the puck overtime you poke or stick lift, and some of you need to realize that

/rant

Replies

• Most people who say "ice tilt" actually mean "momentum."

The number of people who think the game decides a winner before the puck is dropped is relatively small. The number of people who are aware that the worse you are losing the worse your team plays is quite a bit higher, and it sounds like you'd be included in that group.
  • Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

Momentum is a thing though. If someone is shooting and controlling more than you, they have momentum and will be faster make harder hits etc. I'm just sick and tired of everyone complaining about how broken this game is. Every game has bugs, get the **** over it. It makes me want to kill myself overtime i hear, "wow i poked that why didn't i get it" or "ok that pass went right through my defender's legs" how about instead of blaming the game everyone, you blame yourself. if i give up a goal because of something like that, i blame myself for not preventing. This game won't just automatically give you the puck overtime you poke or stick lift, and some of you need to realize that

/rant

I don't care if I win or lose, ya see my best friend and I like to play a best of 7 (the random home/away selection sucks a**...how is it that I am home team 5 games out of 5...makes playing a best of 7 series unrealistic....was better the old way, I INVITE you, I am home team, You INVITE me, you're the home team). All we play for is bragging rights for a whopping 30sec, until we start next game or series (WOW OMG I'm sooooo **** that my best friend is ribbing me....that never ever happens IRL Everrrrrrrrrrr)

A lot of our games are close but on the rare occasion we get a blow out. Yes you are correct sir that Every game has bugs but Most people are complaining about bugs that have been IN THIS GAME/SERIES for several years now. 2017 is right around the F***ING corner and we still have sticks going through other SOLID OBJECTS, pucks going through other SOLID OBJECTS. The physics work in randomness (see 2017 being right around the corner).

I will once again use my Game Clock example. My best friend is on the PP (he is down by 1), he gains my zone and starts to cycle the puck. At 13:24 I poke check the puck and I am SUCCESSFUL and the puck goes out into the Neutral Zone. He gains control of the puck and and carries it across my blue line. Dman stops winds up for a slap shot (puck is at a dead stop and loose as he is on his Back swing). 13:14 (a mere 10sec later....10 F***ING sec later mind you) my poke check physically passes through the DEAD LOOSE PUCK, to add insult to injury when he comes forward with his swing, he connects with the puck, puck and his stick physically pass through my correctly positioned Winger (Real Life Physics say I should have poked that puck away or at least blocked that shot) and it sails past my goalie for the tying goal

Call it whatever the hell you want but it's almost 2017 and this garbage is still allowed to happen
  • Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

Momentum is a thing though. If someone is shooting and controlling more than you, they have momentum and will be faster make harder hits etc. I'm just sick and tired of everyone complaining about how broken this game is. Every game has bugs, get the **** over it. It makes me want to kill myself overtime i hear, "wow i poked that why didn't i get it" or "ok that pass went right through my defender's legs" how about instead of blaming the game everyone, you blame yourself. if i give up a goal because of something like that, i blame myself for not preventing. This game won't just automatically give you the puck overtime you poke or stick lift, and some of you need to realize that

/rant

Will Once again use my Dave & Busters DAYTONA USA RACING as an example. The local Dave and Busters has been around 16yrs now, they have a Multi-Player Racing game called Daytona USA Racing (has been in D&B since day 1 so that makes that game AT LEAST 16yrs old). IF my race car crashes into a guard rail or into the mountain side...it DOES NOT physically pass through and come out the other side of the mountain! So a 16yr old game DOES NOT ALLOW SOLID OBJECTS TO PHYSICALLY PASS THROUGH OTHER SOLID OBJECTS but yet we have a yearly NHL game that does...how the F**K does that happen????
  • When it comes down to it, there are just way too many random generated factors in the game. Thats why the game has changed from a fun competitive game (2010-2012) to a random mess where good chances mean nothing and a terrible shot from the boards turns into a wide open net rebound.

The skill is gone, all thats left is luck. This game isn't fun anymore, period. Out play a team all period without a goal to show for it, then they come into your zone and shoot as soon as they cross the line and score. I love hockey, and will keep buying it every year, but it just isn't fun any more.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    When it comes down to it, there are just way too many random generated factors in the game. Thats why the game has changed from a fun competitive game (2010-2012) to a random mess where good chances mean nothing and a terrible shot from the boards turns into a wide open net rebound.

The skill is gone, all thats left is luck. This game isn't fun anymore, period. Out play a team all period without a goal to show for it, then they come into your zone and shoot as soon as they cross the line and score. I love hockey, and will keep buying it every year, but it just isn't fun any more.

This game isn't fun anymore for a long time.

Random generated factors, come back logic, bad colission detection, inept AI on the player's side in combination with the worst skating engine I've ever experienced since I've started playing the "NHL" series in '94 make this game a chore to play.

I still play it from time to time, and I'm used to the come back logic and rng's and can deal with it, but after a couple of games I decide to put the controller down because I don't won't to fight the controller anymore.

• No such thing as "momentum" either, eh buds'? ;)
    When it comes down to it, there are just way too many random generated factors in the game. Thats why the game has changed from a fun competitive game (2010-2012) to a random mess where good chances mean nothing and a terrible shot from the boards turns into a wide open net rebound.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly this is the current state of the game for me as well. I love hockey but the frustration mounts when things keep happening (pucks and sticks going through objects) that are out of your control.

I don't like losing, but I can at least point the finger at me if it's my decision-making that costs me. Who can I point the finger at when my I'm playing good defense but my AI teammate just suddenly decides to leave his man wide open? Is that my fault, I should of predicted that? Or when my opponent scores off a shot from the boards while I am getting stonewalled on high-scoring chances left and right.

YES Thank You! I just want consistency. My poke check either needs to work ALL the time or NONE of the time, not this Random garbage like it is now. The **** that at 13:24 it works to perfection and then a mere 10sec later at 13:14 it doesn't is maddening and is what **** a lot of people off and leads them to believe the games are rigged or ice tilt or catch up logic. Find it curious (game against my best friend/my Game Clock example) that me NOT BEING ABLE to poke check a dead loose puck away (as he was in his back swing) resulted in the game tying goal. It's like: Is it PREDETERMINED that he was going to score at that moment in the game? Is the Randomness based on Score? Player skill or lack thereof? Time on Clock? Situation?

Pulling off a deke used to require skill but now EA has given the offense ONE TOUCH DEKES and has completely ignored the Defensive side of the puck. What/Where is the Defensive Counter to One Touch Deke? Offense is ALLOWED TO abuse puck protect (bubble) while Defense just stands and looks stupid. Poke Checks are Random when they will/won't work, Stick Lifts are Random when they will/won't work, You can level the puck carrier with a hit but magically the puck carrier jumps right back up and magically picks the puck up and continues on like nothing happened
  • well personally, I've never had a problem with the poke check. It's not supposed to work 100% of the time. in real life hockey, no things don't pass through other things, poke checks also don't 100% work. i can't find the article but the EA devs publicly stated that things such as sticks could sometime move through objects like the boards or feet and what not so that there would be no weird physics in the game.

About that racing post, racing cars are relatively flat on all sides, a hockey player is not.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    well personally, I've never had a problem with the poke check. It's not supposed to work 100% of the time. in real life hockey, no things don't pass through other things, poke checks also don't 100% work. i can't find the article but the EA devs publicly stated that things such as sticks could sometime move through objects like the boards or feet and what not so that there would be no weird physics in the game.

About that racing post, racing cars are relatively flat on all sides, a hockey player is not.

I can't stand when people use the "well in real life" argument. In real life a player has full control of his stick, where he's poking, whether he's keeping his stick on the ice or not, his hand eye coordination etc. In this game we have no control over it other than hitting the r1 button when we think we are in position to knock it loose. So yes, in a video game it needs to work all of the time, or none of the time. You can't add this many RNG elements into the game based on real life when in real life the players have control over ever situation and doing exactly what they want to do. This is a video game

This is exactly what I meant in my post, there is so much RNG in the game that it has drained all the fun from it. The game is unbalanced towards offense, I thought a change in balance was coming with re-introducing defensive tie-ups but that only works when people stand still for a few seconds, and hardly anyone does that, so it's basically useless.

You can miss a shot a foot wide from the hash marks going cross side with a wrist shot while gliding, but the other team will nail a slap shop top corner cross side from 40 feet out by the blue line while skating hard. Just too much RNG. This series is going downhill more and more every year trying to be more sim.
  • Rangersny81
    173 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Honestly, anyone who argues you win or lose this game off 100% user error has got to be completely off their rocker. I mean you could go on forever listing all the incidents that happen this game that are basically out of your control. Here's just a few off the top:

- Random inability to player switch on defense (notably right after losing a faceoff in your own zone)
    - Inconsistent puck pick-ups
    - AI abandoning positioning
    - Pucks and sticks passing through objects
    - Goaltenders flipping the puck into the net
    - Passes that go in a direction not aimed or the AI leaves the route on a pass that was right to him
    - Making a solid poke or defensive play only to have the puck warp right back to your opponent
    - Computer teammates taking unnecessary penalties leading to PP opportunities (sometimes multiple times a game)

That's just a few. I'm sure more could easily be added. And each one of those has the absolute capability of leading to a goal against and deciding a win or loss.

/rant
    That's funny you say there is no ice tilt (because the devs said so) yet you say there is momentum, another thing the debts said is not in the game anymore. That's pretty funny
  • I'd love to see the one touch dekes eliminated.

AGREE 100%
    well personally, I've never had a problem with the poke check. It's not supposed to work 100% of the time. in real life hockey, no things don't pass through other things, poke checks also don't 100% work. i can't find the article but the EA devs publicly stated that things such as sticks could sometime move through objects like the boards or feet and what not so that there would be no weird physics in the game.

I can't stand when people use the "well in real life" argument. In real life a player has full control of his stick, where he's poking, whether he's keeping his stick on the ice or not, his hand eye coordination etc. In this game we have no control over it other than hitting the r1 button when we think we are in position to knock it loose. So yes, in a video game it needs to work all of the time, or none of the time. You can't add this many RNG elements into the game based on real life when in real life the players have control over ever situation and doing exactly what they want to do. This is a video game

And that's why we have attributes. Didn't I explain that to you already? Lol.

A guy like Hedman or Chara will have better success at poking than a guy like Green or Gardiner. And a guy carrying the puck can hold onto it if they have a better player with high puck control like Crosby or Malkin.

That's not RNG, that's attributes.
    Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

/rant
    That's funny you say there is no ice tilt (because the devs said so) yet you say there is momentum, another thing the debts said is not in the game anymore. That's pretty funny

People don't realize. As harsh as its going to sound to some people, the "ice tilt" is only really going to be felt by the top players in the game. If you're a mediocre player, you are never going to dominate other teams and players as consistently to feel it as much as the top players do. My club as well as my versus record is a 15:1 w/l ratio, and we feel it STEADY. Some people argue that "you're 15:1 so how can you say there is ice tilt", it's the fact that EVERY game feels like a struggle no matter who we play. In what world can a team be 15:1 and have to struggle against .500 player or team as often as it happens in this game even though the gameplay says you should be dominating. Yet you play a team with a similar record and the game is still as close as those .500 teams. The game feels like it does everything in its power to keep it as close as possible and it **** the fun out of it having to work 10x harder than your opponent just to squeak wins out

When you are a middle of the pack player, you aren't going to dominate teams all the time enough to feel it since the majority of your games will be evenly matched. There's nights where my club plays that we can have 4-5 games in a row with a 12+ minute to 2 ToA and endless scoring chances just to score the GWG midway through the 3rd period and squeak out the win. At that point everyone just logs off in frustration and finds it pointless to play

Yeppers
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    Assisted_6 wrote: »

/rant

People don't realize. As harsh as its going to sound to some people, the "ice tilt" is only really going to be felt by the top players in the game. If you're a mediocre player, you are never going to dominate other teams and players as consistently to feel it as much as the top players do. My club as well as my versus record is a 15:1 w/l ratio, and we feel it STEADY. Some people argue that "you're 15:1 so how can you say there is ice tilt", it's the fact that EVERY game feels like a struggle no matter who we play. In what world can a team be 15:1 and have to struggle against .500 player or team as often as it happens in this game even though the gameplay says you should be dominating. Yet you play a team with a similar record and the game is still as close as those .500 teams. The game feels like it does everything in its power to keep it as close as possible and it **** the fun out of it having to work 10x harder than your opponent just to squeak wins out

When you are a middle of the pack player, you aren't going to dominate teams all the time enough to feel it since the majority of your games will be evenly matched. There's nights where my club plays that we can have 4-5 games in a row with a 12+ minute to 2 ToA and endless scoring chances just to score the GWG midway through the 3rd period and squeak out the win. At that point everyone just logs off in frustration and finds it pointless to play

Yeppers

Yeppers x2

now take this exact answer and apply it to offline as well.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!