EA Forums - Banner

What is the deal with all of these terrible connections?

Prev1
Have been looking for a game for quite awhile now and all I get are these people with terrible connections....

Replies

• It was Finlands national christmas gift.
  • Pr0xY00 wrote: »
    It was Finlands national christmas gift.

That was gold.
  • It's insane! I'm in America I should be playing Russians and fins.
  • I play in Finland and I'm pretty sure I have NEVER connected with anyone across the ocean. Seriously, not even once.
  • I play in Finland and I'm pretty sure I have NEVER connected with anyone across the ocean. Seriously, not even once.

Match making is dependent upon your location. It shouldn't match you with someone across the world.

i got russia one time and it was awful. green bars in the lobby and then it went to straight halo 2 servers.
  • Shlog61 wrote: »
    I play in Finland and I'm pretty sure I have NEVER connected with anyone across the ocean. Seriously, not even once.

Match making is dependent upon your location. It shouldn't match you with someone across the world.

Exactly. I have seen a lot of NA players complaining about Finnish play styles and connections. But I don't really see how could they even match up against anyone playing in Europe.

Don't know is it common on Xbone, but on PS4 at least I have never experienced it happening.
    I play in Finland and I'm pretty sure I have NEVER connected with anyone across the ocean. Seriously, not even once.

Exactly. I have seen a lot of NA players complaining about Finnish play styles and connections. But I don't really see how could they even match up against anyone playing in Europe.

Don't know is it common on Xbone, but on PS4 at least I have never experienced it happening.

its not common at all i play often and sometimes pretty late and have only played someone outside of NA once
  • I from Russia. In past nhl game , me connnecting 80 % with USA and Canada gamers. Then i go from PS3 on to PS4 my connnection 80 % with Fin's. Other per cent is - Germany, France, Sweden. And only 2-3 % with USA and Canada.
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone

i got russia one time and it was awful. green bars in the lobby and then it went to straight halo 2 servers.

Connecting in game - very strange. Some time play vs opponent with all Green connection and game - lagging. Some time play vs players wuth One Red bar connection and big pings but ...game playing very good. I not trust bar connections in game menu, because this inducator - not work how must.
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone

Connecting in game - very strange. Some time play vs opponent with all Green connection and game - lagging. Some time play vs players wuth One Red bar connection and big pings but ...game playing very good. I not trust bar connections in game menu, because this inducator - not work how must.

i agree, it does not seem accurate at all.
  • I've had some terrible match ups lately with connection.
  • Its the Christmas Clogging of the servers...tons of people just got that game and everyone is off work playing mad HUT right now...my gameplay has been awful as well...some games show full green bars and then in gameplay is horrific...notice this every year on the nextgen....right around the holidays the online gameplay is garbage for pretty much the rest of the year :(

I'm in NYC, and I get connected to Finns all the time (judging from their team names). Once had a stretch where I was connected to 7 Finns in a row. Didn't play any of them, of course, because the connection bar always read "poor" or "fair." Happens quite a bit late at night my time.

• Play early or play late...I have had no choice cause the same issue with clogged up servers during peak hours over the holidays...otherwise every games a roll of the dice
  • ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    Play early or play late...I have had no choice cause the same issue with clogged up servers during peak hours over the holidays...otherwise every games a roll of the dice

Don't play late. That's when most of three guys in the top 100 with records of 800-50 are playing. Doesn't make for a fun experience.
  • I've been having issues too, even when playing with my roommate who plays on his own box in the next room. That made me think it was ea servers, there was probably no one there all week with the holidays...
  • What happened to the 'HUT is all PvP' line, have you changed your minds about that?
  • Same for me. Every game I am lagging/delay. But the weird thing is that I dont have lag/delay in the other mode. Playing versus online or EASHL is fine, but not HUT... Something is definitely wrong.
  • I noticed the number of people playing hut has increased by about 100,000 people or so. Probably doesn't help that the servers aren't the greatest to begin with.