EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Reason why EA is not updating lantern lit?

Hadn't really thought of this the last few days. Just figured they were on holiday break and would resume this week. My guess would be that we've hit the mark, but they don't want us to know that so packs continue to be purchased. Not overly concerned, but seems to be a bit of a J/O move on their part. Wish something like this would still be shocking. Just another day in the life over at EA

Replies

• I think it's because they're on a break. It's been a busy time for them. There probably aren't many people in their office right about now.

I think the light count is the least of their worries.

I'm with you though...a little fishy how all of a sudden it's not being updated. I mean how hard can it be for them to simply have an automated update.
  • They sure updated the International Team of the Week while on break...
  • Maybe there graphic designer is out?
  • So it says ultimate reward unlocked at 10 mill...So is that the 13th lamp? Or is it a different lamp
  • Tons of people take this week off for the holidays. Take a chill pill and let the employees spend time with their families.
  • xxJoker37 wrote: »
    Tons of people take this week off for the holidays. Take a chill pill and let the employees spend time with their families.
    Times up
    Tons of people take this week off for the holidays. Take a chill pill and let the employees spend time with their families.
    Times up

chill
  • On twitter they said 13 was the max.
  • Always complaining...sure people will say the 95 richards sucks when they get em and the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of pulls they receive of their free cards...

I don't post much on here, but this line of thinking amazes me. Okay, they took the week off? I feel they have been on vacation since mid September.
  • Ekids
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree that not updating this or having any players of the game for a week is a joke. Sure, people take off but whole businesses segments generally don't shut down. Madden continues to update. I would understand a slow down with people take some time off but this is too much. Especially for a video game that was likely a Christmas present for many people. Nice introduction to a stale product for those folks.
  • MFin04 wrote: »
    They sure updated the International Team of the Week while on break...

that was predetermined.
  • MFin04 wrote: »
    They sure updated the International Team of the Week while on break...

that was predetermined.

Which would mean not only did they take off during the biggest week of their business, but they also put absolutely nothing into what would fill the hole in the middle of the season.

yeah, i really dont know how they thought that was a good idea. it is just complacency, must be nice having no competition. if my whole team tried taking vacation simultaneously we would be laughed out of the building.
  • deadman9999
    844 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    been updated today they are extending it till midnight Saturday
    Post edited by deadman9999 on
  • all I know is packs are going to be crazy next week... this is why they did it...

they know people will be buying packs this week regardless, and next week when they release all of the MS and POTG and new TOTW there will be so many cards up for grabs that people will buy EVEN MORE PACKS!!!

LETS DO IT!!!!!
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    all I know is packs are going to be crazy next week... this is why they did it...

they know people will be buying packs this week regardless, and next week when they release all of the MS and POTG and new TOTW there will be so many cards up for grabs that people will buy EVEN MORE PACKS!!!

LETS DO IT!!!!!

if i buy a pack today but open it next week what player pool am i pulling against?
  • the one when you open it... I am saving my weekly packs for next Wednesday's TOTW... not going to waste them this week
  • Puckn_Right
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    the one when you open it... I am saving my weekly packs for next Wednesday's TOTW... not going to waste them this week

same, MS Malkin, MS Weber, high end players shaping up for TOTW, Bobby Lu needs 1 win for MS, D Sedin needs one assist, Keith needs one assist, Koivu MS.

Its going to be a huge release when theyre back.
  • I am also waiting for the next totw.
  • Lol why save them im gonna pull jussi jokinen and anders lee anyway