EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Connection Questions

Replies

• NHLDev wrote: »
    Sounds like you guys are mostly only interested if you can speak directly to the online team. I had a discussion with them today and the online producer will get an account setup so that he can respond to this thread. Not sure when he will get the opportunity to do that or if it will wait til Monday but just another update for you.

Thanks Ben. Is he warned of how hostile it is here?? :wink:
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer

That's why he is taking the weekend to get into the right head space =)

• NHLDev wrote: »

That's why he is taking the weekend to get into the right head space =)

Ohhh I think it may require a bit longer than a weekend lmao. :p
  • Hey. I get and appreciate the fact that they have acknowledged the problem. That's always the first step towards making progress, but in my personal opinion-- having a network guy come in this thread and shed insight isn't going to do squat for me and others who have similarlag problems.

Whether I have a full understanding as to how things work, or I have little understanding of how things work; it doesn't do anything for me. All I know is this is the only title that for 2 Consecutive years gives me the absolute worst, sluggish connection on a consistent basis (in eashl)

Thankfully, online vs is a saving grace as my connection is much better there usually and let's me get some value for the money I spent .

All I want to know is if I can play an online game in the year 2017 and not have a crippling delay I have to adjust to on a nighty basis.

• Hey. I get and appreciate the fact that they have acknowledged the problem. That's always the first step towards making progress, but in my personal opinion-- having a network guy come in this thread and shed insight isn't going to do squat for me and others who have similarlag problems.

Whether I have a full understanding as to how things work, or I have little understanding of how things work; it doesn't do anything for me. All I know is this is the only title that for 2 Consecutive years gives me the absolute worst, sluggish connection on a consistent basis (in eashl)

Thankfully, online vs is a saving grace as my connection is much better there usually and let's me get some value for the money I spent .

All I want to know is if I can play an online game in the year 2017 and not have a crippling delay I have to adjust to on a nighty basis.

Did they acknowledge a problem though? I mean best he can probably deal with some individuals then tell them to deal with their ISP and both sides say nothing is wrong on their end. That is my prediction like we had last year.

• BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Why can't we set region for solo and group matchmaking for drop in?

I often get matched up with with eastern players when I am in Vancouver. This happens with both solo and group. These games are brutal. My ping is in the high 40s and I feel so useless on the ice. I never want to play with eastern players. I don't care how long it takes to find a match. I would rather wait than play a laggy game.

Why can't we force a region for both club and drop in?

We should bring back the old system where we manually choose the region instead of the automated system in place. This should work for both club and drop-in. Sometimes we play with a friend from central US and he ends up making us match with eastern players when the rest of us are all in the west. We should be able to force West.

I agree it would be nice. It would also help to see your ping in the lobby of drop-in and VS games. Right now, my ping against east coast people is in the 40's which is green in EA's connection meter, but is still pretty rough to play. So all my games are green (unless I have a problem on my end) and I have no way of knowing what my connection is like until puck drop. If I saw what my ping was ahead of time, I could tell immediately what server I was connected to.

Like in past years, go into eashl, search clubs, and see what server is recommended. I'm west, but find it often thinks east and Europe should be recommended. I restart nhl until it shows as west. That said, while it helps, I'll bet a lot in the east have the same issue and it puts them into the west pool of player's making things laggy for all.

Ea needs to allow manual server selection for all modes. Their software isn't capable of correctly choosing a region at the moment.
  • Socair
    2700 posts Game Changer
    edited January 2017
    BassMan_PC wrote: »

I often get matched up with with eastern players when I am in Vancouver. This happens with both solo and group. These games are brutal. My ping is in the high 40s and I feel so useless on the ice. I never want to play with eastern players. I don't care how long it takes to find a match. I would rather wait than play a laggy game.

We should bring back the old system where we manually choose the region instead of the automated system in place. This should work for both club and drop-in. Sometimes we play with a friend from central US and he ends up making us match with eastern players when the rest of us are all in the west. We should be able to force West.

I agree it would be nice. It would also help to see your ping in the lobby of drop-in and VS games. Right now, my ping against east coast people is in the 40's which is green in EA's connection meter, but is still pretty rough to play. So all my games are green (unless I have a problem on my end) and I have no way of knowing what my connection is like until puck drop. If I saw what my ping was ahead of time, I could tell immediately what server I was connected to.

Like in past years, go into eashl, search clubs, and see what server is recommended. I'm west, but find it often thinks east and Europe should be recommended. I restart nhl until it shows as west. That said, while it helps, I'll bet a lot in the east have the same issue and it puts them into the west pool of player's making things laggy for all.

Ea needs to allow manual server selection for all modes. Their software isn't capable of correctly choosing a region at the moment.
    Totally agree. It's been bad in the past, but the whole "best region" selector in club, has made things worse.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »

Mine always shows west. I still get connected east coast games.

Without changing anything on my end, and going from one game right into another, I'll bounce back and forth between 11ms and 39 ms game to game. It's not reading me as east coast, it's just connecting me to them despite the fact that I chose to match region.
  • its all aboot ipv6 and ipv4 compatibility.including isp providers capabilities/routers.

THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • its all aboot ipv6 and ipv4 compatibility.including isp providers capabilities/routers.
    so what is it does eashl and drop in games run on IPv6 or IPv4 ?

• I'm on rogers high speed internet and every time I run test using pingplotter.com and when I ping easo.ea.com I get pretty high latency and packet loss on some of other then my providers hops

what are you talking about.

what symptom?
    so what is it does eashl and drop in games run on IPv6 or IPv4 ?

i was told ipv6(at help ea)

• hut/vs etc ipv4
  • I'm on rogers high speed internet and every time I run test using pingplotter.com and when I ping easo.ea.com I get pretty high latency and packet loss on some of other then my providers hops

BELL!!!!fibe

what symptom?
    its all aboot ipv6 and ipv4 compatibility.including isp providers capabilities/routers.

what symptom?

due to ipv6 and ipv4 with some iso providers we have to go through more hops...more latency to get connected.

you must remember people tracing their routes and asking why is my connection going all around the country rather than the quickest route.

why did nhl 15 have no club...no ipv6 on ea's end in programming/servers.

why does madden have no club??

why no team golf modes in rory??

fifa has money to invest in this due to its $$$

the fat man lag started when ipv6 started rolling out.

if Xbox is ipv6 friendly and is a better experience according to microsoft why do we still have a NAT?nat is not needed in IPV6.Nat is needed with IPV4

until the switch is 100% we will have issue online with companies that can't get the two to work in harmony.
  • So would it be best to block IPv6 in my router settings and just allow IPv4 in the mean time would that be the best option for eashl ?

what symptom?
    its all aboot ipv6 and ipv4 compatibility.including isp providers capabilities/routers.

what symptom?

due to ipv6 and ipv4 with some iso providers we have to go through more hops...more latency to get connected.

you must remember people tracing their routes and asking why is my connection going all around the country rather than the quickest route.

if Xbox is ipv6 friendly and is a better experience according to microsoft why do we still have a NAT?nat is not needed in IPV6.Nat is needed with IPV4

until the switch is 100% we will have issue online with companies that can't get the two to work in harmony.

Much of this is so far off I don't know where to begin.

Not trying to be offensive, just honest.
  • hot-rivit
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2017

what symptom?

what symptom?

download.microsoft.com/download/A/C/4/AC4484B8-AA16-446F-86F8-BDFC498F8732/Xbox%20One%20Technical%20Details.docx

Old but helpful - regarding P2P X1

• these forums are full of mostly garbage but this one thread specifically is filled with so much trash i worry that "bringing the online dev team in to chat" would be like bringing nasa to a mob of preschoolers hopped up on red bull and asking them to discuss astrophysics. they will eventually just fall back on rocket ships fly fast and no other questions will be answered.

I think publishing a document that explains in detail exactly how this application communicates online followed by a series of Q and A would be best. Put to bed all the mystery and then open up a moderated forum for questions and complaints in regards to online play.

All of this seems over the top but most games don't suffer from the issues this game does with just providing a somewhat stable online experience.