EA Forums - Banner

Some changes I'd like to see in NHL 18

The_B_0_G
593 posts Member
edited December 2016
1. The playoffs need to be more frequent, my team has only been on for 1 so far this year. It should be at least every two weeks, every month is too long to wait, especially since most of the time you end up missing them.

2. Fighting needs to be fixed, you still can't even block, which makes every fight into people mashing the stick up, no skill, no strategy.

3.The ability to change strategies while puck is in play. Especially for EASHL.

4. Stronger faceoff wins, opposing players shouldn't make it to the puck before the D or at least make it so forwards can be tied up on the wings at the faceoffs.

5. Get rid of the hitting bubble.

6. Fix vision control.

7. Get rid of AI super attributes and abilities in online modes, this includes those "nudge hits" at bad angles that always strip the puck from you and also their super speed when racing for pucks, and maybe even put the puck control to closer match human players as well, I see 2 and sometimes even 3 human players fighting for the puck in the corners with 1 AI and lose the fight almost every time in this game, it's ridiculous.

Replies

• I'd be happy if they added nothing new and just fixed all the **** that is currently broken. But they can't sell next year's game saying "All the broken **** is now fixed!" so they will continue adding pointless **** like popcorn vendors and new cellys that make the game look like a circus.
  • It all starts with that annoying unnatural A.I that they have ruining all the competitive modes. The non stop nudging, board pinning, winning almost every puck battle in the corners, Or the A.I that decides to go ham for the other team in EASHL and lay out anybody that crosses the blueline. While your A.I just let's everybody treat it like a pylon.
  • It all starts with that annoying unnatural A.I that they have ruining all the competitive modes. The non stop nudging, board pinning, winning almost every puck battle in the corners, Or the A.I that decides to go ham for the other team in EASHL and lay out anybody that crosses the blueline. While your A.I just let's everybody treat it like a pylon.

Learn how to set your strategies so the AI plays the way you want them to. My friends and I dislike and try not to play with any but when we do, we know how to set them so they aren't just pylons.

I can't speak for online, but if you play offline, your strategies have little to no effect on how your players actually play. Yeah, they will line up in a 1-3-1 or whatever, but no matter what you set your offensive and line strategies to, you can't get them to consistently go to the net, or drive the far post on odd man rushes, or ever support the puck, help with board battles, look for open ice so you can pass to them in the offensive zone, and a host of other things they do wrong. There is pretty clearly 2 AI scripts. One for the player and one for the CPU in offline. In online, I suspect each team randomly gets one of the scripts and the team with what is the offline player AI is screwed. That's why you see so many games where good players lose to bad ones in vs and HUT. They got stuck with the cruddy AI script.

Learn how to set your strategies so the AI plays the way you want them to. My friends and I dislike and try not to play with any but when we do, we know how to set them so they aren't just pylons.

There is no way to set your strategies so that the AI plays the way you want them to. On defense, AI players regularly ignores the strategies you give them, and are constantly skating out of position. And on offense, no strategies can get the AI to break out the way you want them to if they're not in the mood.