EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Player Attributes Too Low?

Replies

• B-Bunny wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    I think player strengths should be more apparent also, I was using the dangler the other day just to switch it up as I usually pick grinder, and I don't see hardly any difference between their deking ability; when using the dangler I was still losing control trying to pull off simple dekes like toe drags.

I was still not regaining possession with the between the legs deke even when the puck would be perfectly aimed in front by his stick, the spin deke I was also not able to pull off without losing the puck. So at the very least it seems the dangler is hardly any different from the grinder in terms of deking ability and hes much easier to knock off the puck as well, so this makes the dangler useless in my opinion.

If thats an issue it certainly isnt due to a lack of the deking attribute.

I don't play forward enough to comment, but I can say that the Dangler is probably the equivalent to the puck moving defenseman, and I can definitely dangle with him the best out of all player classes .
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    The attributes aren't as low as you think they are. Snipers wrister is 90+ and clapper is up there as well. I think every builds handeye is 90+ right now as well. Obviously a grinders shot wont be as good as the snipers, but it's still around 80.

Just as an example, you start bringing something like that up and you lose the differences in builds. I wouldn't mind experimenting further with the builds though and adding a bit more variety.

Where's this proof ? Where is this available?

Seems like it's just heresay...

Nah, even Ben has said the builds are high 80's
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Well I disagree, I think most of the time errors are human based, but our egos won't allow us to believe that. A lot of times I think "why didn't I break up that pass," then I look at the replay and see my stick or body position was off a bit, or I was skating by the puck way to fast.
    I'm not saying it's perfect, but if everyone was 90s or higher, it just becomes even more of a "video game."
    That's what HUT is for, or VS mode, if you want to be a superstar, play those modes.
    Leave the EASHL alone.

There have been multiple videos of pucks going through a defender's stick blade though. This isn't something people are just making up. Complaining that a video game acts like a video game seems silly to me as well. Why is it somehow not a big deal for me to play like a second/third line NHL player, but playing like a superstar is somehow breaking the immersion?

I know there's a niche group of games like Euro Truck Driving Simulator that people really enjoy, but I don't see why it makes sense in this context when the majority of people do want to be able to pretend they're a superstar with their group of friends. HUT doesn't allow that same sort of experience at all, since it's 1v1. You can still go enjoy your fantasies of being a 3rd line grinder in the NHL offline, but EA should be catering to the majority here.

This is a video game. It acting like a video game should be expected.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Well I disagree, I think most of the time errors are human based, but our egos won't allow us to believe that. A lot of times I think "why didn't I break up that pass," then I look at the replay and see my stick or body position was off a bit, or I was skating by the puck way to fast.
    I'm not saying it's perfect, but if everyone was 90s or higher, it just becomes even more of a "video game."
    That's what HUT is for, or VS mode, if you want to be a superstar, play those modes.
    Leave the EASHL alone.

There have been multiple videos of pucks going through a defender's stick blade though. This isn't something people are just making up. Complaining that a video game acts like a video game seems silly to me as well. Why is it somehow not a big deal for me to play like a second/third line NHL player, but playing like a superstar is somehow breaking the immersion?

I know there's a niche group of games like Euro Truck Driving Simulator that people really enjoy, but I don't see why it makes sense in this context when the majority of people do want to be able to pretend they're a superstar with their group of friends. HUT doesn't allow that same sort of experience at all, since it's 1v1. You can still go enjoy your fantasies of being a 3rd line grinder in the NHL offline, but EA should be catering to the majority here.

Pucks used to go through sticks Waaayyyyyy more in previous installments, it's a video game...it will happen...lag, little glitches here and there...but overall this game has improved A LOT, since online team play started in 08.

• Well I disagree, I think most of the time errors are human based, but our egos won't allow us to believe that. A lot of times I think "why didn't I break up that pass," then I look at the replay and see my stick or body position was off a bit, or I was skating by the puck way to fast.
    Leave the EASHL alone.

Pucks used to go through sticks Waaayyyyyy more in previous installments, it's a video game...it will happen...lag, little glitches here and there...but overall this game has improved A LOT, since online team play started in 08.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?
    Leave the EASHL alone.

What happened in previous installments is irrelevant here. Pucks going through sticks isn't a "little glitch" in a **** hockey game. What exactly is a big glitch then, having skaters fall through the ice and get eaten by sharks?

Back to the original point though, what do you have against treating EASHL like a video game, when it is in fact a video game?
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Obviously it's not going to be perfect with the physics...were not there yet. It has got better. That's it. Pretty good for a video game....and yes...players getting eaten by sharks would be a big glitch. I've heard that in NHL 18, when you get max prestige...you get to use this feature once a game! ;)
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If you want to do 6 v 6 and feel like a superstar, go to otp pick the all Star teams, Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden ... Some pretty stacked teams there.
    If you want to do 6 v 6 and feel like a superstar, go to otp pick the all Star teams, Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden ... Some pretty stacked teams there.

This and also yesterday I joined a friends new club that he created and it was so refreshing to play in a standard rink, with no spectators, no announcers/commentary, while playing in basic uniforms. I wish EASHL drop ins were the same.

To each their own I guess. I just don't share your line of thinking, and I imagine the majority of gamers would agree (though neither of us has any real way of proving this). I don't see the Steve Ott and Brooks Laich posters flying off the shelf because the kids want to be just like them, so why would the game mode where I make my own player should that be the best I can aspire to be?

Pretending you're a superstar is like the whole point of playing a video game, so why wouldn't that be what EASHL aims for?
  • You can still be a superstar with the current player classes, you just have to be good, and play with good teammates.
    Does it not feel good to make a good play with an average build ? It's pretty hard for you huh? Keep grinding.
  • nickythewop
    451 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    You can still be a superstar with the current player classes, you just have to be good, and play with good teammates.
    Does it not feel good to make a good play with an average build ? It's pretty hard for you huh? Keep grinding.

As usual, turning to personal insults on the forum instead of actually talking about the topic. Good stuff, friend.
    Dixonyu wrote: »

This and also yesterday I joined a friends new club that he created and it was so refreshing to play in a standard rink, with no spectators, no announcers/commentary, while playing in basic uniforms. I wish EASHL drop ins were the same.

To each their own I guess. I just don't share your line of thinking, and I imagine the majority of gamers would agree (though neither of us has any real way of proving this). I don't see the Steve Ott and Brooks Laich posters flying off the shelf because the kids want to be just like them, so why would the game mode where I make my own player should that be the best I can aspire to be?

Pretending you're a superstar is like the whole point of playing a video game, so why wouldn't that be what EASHL aims for?

I don't know anyone of my friends that plays EASHL to "pretend" they're a "superstar". I would say the majority play it to NOT to use a real NHL superstar. If they wanted to pretend, make and play with a superstar player they'd go play the other non EASHL modes. So no, the whole point of playing video games isn't to pretend you're a superstar. It's to play a sport you enjoy first and foremost.

Dude, you're playing a video game. You're definitely pretending something.

I don't know anyone of my friends that plays EASHL to "pretend" they're a "superstar". I would say the majority play it to NOT to use a real NHL superstar. If they wanted to pretend, make and play with a superstar player they'd go play the other non EASHL modes. So no, the whole point of playing video games isn't to pretend you're a superstar. It's to play a sport you enjoy first and foremost.
    This!! Drop mic
  • And nick the spaghetti guy, just throwing jabs bro. Nothing personal, it's just that you're on the wrong side of the EASHL vision.
    Just taking my stance.
  • You can still be a superstar with the current player classes, you just have to be good, and play with good teammates.

As usual, turning to personal insults on the forum instead of actually talking about the topic. Good stuff, friend.

No I'm not and definitely not as an NHL player/superstar because I'm not a little kid.

Do you pretend you're the actual car or whatever it is when playing Rocket League? :lol:

Maybe you can humor me for a moment then, and tell me why you play games at all. Clearly you find them fun/enjoyable, but why is that? I'm not trying to say you believe that you're actually playing hockey when you play this game, but at some level you're playing this game to make up for something you can't do in real life.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    And nick the spaghetti guy, just throwing jabs bro. Nothing personal, it's just that you're on the wrong side of the EASHL vision.
    Just taking my stance.

I missed the EASHL vision statement.

What is this vision?

No I'm not and definitely not as an NHL player/superstar because I'm not a little kid.

Do you pretend you're the actual car or whatever it is when playing Rocket League? :lol:

Maybe you can humor me for a moment then, and tell me why you play games at all. Clearly you find them fun/enjoyable, but why is that? I'm not trying to say you believe that you're actually playing hockey when you play this game, but at some level you're playing this game to make up for something you can't do in real life.

I've played this series since 91 simply because I like playing video game hockey. The most recent years have also been because I enjoy playing with friends.

I'm not playing it to try and compensate for something I can't do in real life because if I wanted to play hockey in real life then I could and would.

Right, but why do you like playing video game hockey? Obviously you like it, but that's like saying you like a meal because it tastes good. What about the game do you like?