EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Thank you EA. But why Richards? :p

Prev13
My Christmas packs are much much appreciated EA. Thanks a lot. Really ! One question though : why giving us such a Legendary player at 95, and choosing Mike Richards ? The guy is not.. like... historic, or role-modely lol I love to choose players I like, as much as the synergies, and I dont hate Mike Richards, not at all, but for such a 1st center force, why not honoring Wayne, Mario, or a true NHL ambassador? With respect. Thanks.

Replies

• Yes also since we didn't apparently reach the very top reward it was very nice of them to give us the ultimate reward. That's great I'm sure everyone really appreciates it! I for one am loving my new cards!
  • I haven't had a chance to use them. Kids are hogging the TV!
    I haven't had a chance to use them. Kids are hogging the TV!

You need a man cave ! Or an NHL CAVE lol
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Yes also since we didn't apparently reach the very top reward it was very nice of them to give us the ultimate reward. That's great I'm sure everyone really appreciates it! I for one am loving my new cards!

Yes, it actually is Nice. Im discovering that fact...
  • Matt let us know what you got

I feel ya buddy! Know the cenario
    Og'sån'er'det!
  • Stfx96
    346 posts Member
    PadrinoIV wrote: »
    My Christmas packs are much much appreciated EA. Thanks a lot. Really ! One question though : why giving us such a Legendary player at 95, and choosing Mike Richards ? The guy is not.. like... historic, or role-modely lol I love to choose players I like, as much as the synergies, and I dont hate Mike Richards, not at all, but for such a 1st center force, why not honoring Wayne, Mario, or a true NHL ambassador? With respect. Thanks.
    My understanding was that Gretzky was not a member of the NHLPA anymore so they are not allowed to use him in the game any longer. If that is the case maybe the it is the same issue with Mario. Maybe someone can shed some light on this theory?

• They have to pick players that are retired from the NHL, for whatever reason. All of those special cards, except for Versteeg which is probably an EA screw up, are retired players.

Versteeg?!!? Do your research EA for F sakes.

As far as NHLPA membership goes, maybe there is a contract that they signed that allows EA to use their likenesses for a 1-2 years after their NHL contracts end?
  • They have to pick players that are retired from the NHL, for whatever reason. All of those special cards, except for Versteeg which is probably an EA screw up, are retired players.

Versteeg?!!? Do your research EA for F sakes.

As far as NHLPA membership goes, maybe there is a contract that they signed that allows EA to use their likenesses for a 1-2 years after their NHL contracts end?

I see... But Nobody's better than Richards ? Lol St-Louis ? Lecavalier even lol
  • So I got 2 packs....maybe everybody did, idk. Opened 1 then jumped on here to bragg about my 95 M Richeezy but now I'm guessing a lot of HUTers did?.?. Also got 89 Panarin, 90 Bissonnette, and 89 totw Koivu. I'm letting that other pack marinate a little longer. For the small amount of lights I gave or whatever you call it, lol, it was pretty cool of EA I guess.
  • 2nd pack was a big let down compared to 1st. Got a gold collectable and the rest were like pack fillers.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »

My man cave is in my new house. So until we close I'm stuck!
  • 2nd pack was a big let down compared to 1st. Got a gold collectable and the rest were like pack fillers.

2nd pack was just a christmas present from EA and had nothing to do with the lights?
  • I think everyone got a golf collectable in that pack. I got an 89 Tatar which is perfect. His DD synergy now activates my new Datsyuk and mov giroux. Very happy with that. Also pulled louongo and Faulk. Lou can be used in the fla collection. Faulk will ride the pine with toews. Also got totw plekanic. Bizznasty won't see any ice time either. Good on EA for doing this. Very happy with the new lineup. Just need to wait to play
  • Nice man
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »

My man cave is in my new house. So until we close I'm stuck!

Great. Lucky men we are
  • PadrinoIV
    884 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Great story on the new star of everyone's team.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-sn-kings-settlement-mike-richards-termination-20151009-story.html
    In an emotional, poignant reaction on the day of the resolution of the Mike Richards contract saga, Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi called what happened to Richards "a tragedy" and said he was devastated that Richards became caught in "a destructive spiral."

"Without a doubt, the realization of what happened to Mike Richards is the most traumatic episode of my career," Lombardi said in a written summation he provided to The Times on Friday. "At times, I think that I will never recover from it. It is difficult to trust anyone right now-and you begin to question whether you can trust your own judgment. The only thing I can think of that would be worse would be suspecting your wife of cheating on you for five years and then finding out in fact it was true.

"Anyone close enough to me knows how much I loved Mike Richards. I believed that when I had acquired him, I had found my own Derek Jeter. But the fact is that he was never close to the player that he was after his best seasons in 2008-09 and 2009-10 in Philadelphia. His production dropped 50% and the certain 'it' factor he had was vaporizing in front of me daily. This is a player that in 2010 was instrumental in Canada's gold medal run and by 2014, while still in his prime, was not even in the conversation for making the team."

His salary cap charge will stay on the Kings' books until 2031. There were five years and $22 million left on his contract, but the Kings have not disclosed the dollar figure on the final settlement.

Thank you. My point, exactly.
  • Man. The Mets even think that's a bad contract
  • ive spent the last few days trying to figure out what button combination gives you crystal **** injection
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Yes also since we didn't apparently reach the very top reward it was very nice of them to give us the ultimate reward. That's great I'm sure everyone really appreciates it! I for one am loving my new cards!

I do appreciate the cards also, But I made the changes using Richards also I put in a mov McKinnon and a Tkachuk and my team fell apart, I lost like 9 out of 12 games, So I put my original team back together and won 8 in a row, So it looks like the cards are only going to sit and get wasted
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall